LTI/Insurance void in NULL SEC areas? Free Hangar for everyone?

• Zabulon

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I am the ANGEL of LTI DEATH...

BeiPu8U.gif

I HAVE COME FOR YOUR PLEDGE SHIPS.

You sir, owe me a cup of coffee and a new keyboard.

• Mobax

Posted:
    Posted:
    Please, read again. And again. And again. At some point the words will penetrate the fogs of panic and misunderstanding and your life will be easier:

Lifetime Insurance is a small token aimed at rewarding early backers, not something which will have a huge impact on the final gameplay.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13150-Package-Re-Sale-Policy
  • R0ot

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Please, read again. And again. And again. At some point the words will penetrate the fogs of panic and misunderstanding and your life will be easier:

Lifetime Insurance is a small token aimed at rewarding early backers, not something which will have a huge impact on the final gameplay.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13150-Package-Re-Sale-Policy

/thread

I stream games on Twitch! Come join me Sundays for some Star Citizen gameplay with the Xbox Controller!

www.twitch.tv/r0ot2u
  • Shadowclaw

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

another LTI thread be prepared people :P
    fluttershy__s_siege_tank_by_foxi_5-d57oc

Yeah your speakin about the Imminent PONY Takeover of The Universe lol.
    428zApg.jpg?1
  • Moran

Posted:
    Posted:
    This game is called Star Citizen not EVE Online.

Also, LTI is void if the ship is stolen. That is the only way it get's voided i currently know about.
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill
  • Manic

Posted:
    Posted:
    Skull_Face:
    [hide]

Also, LTI is void if the ship is stolen. That is the only way it get's voided i currently know about.

That's not what he meant. Currently the only public word is that insurance fraud/shenanigans will void LTI.
    Purple=Mod Else=User Grammar Risk/Reward
  • skyflash

Posted:
    Posted:
    Skull_Face:
    [hide]

If the ship is stolen, the LTI transfers to the new hull you get. So no, it is not void.

It will however be void on the stolen ship, yes. So the pirate can not claim LTI hull insurance lol.
    Signature
  • Moran

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Skull_Face:
    [hide]

If the ship is stolen, the LTI transfers to the new hull you get. So no, it is not void.

It will however be void on the stolen ship, yes. So the pirate can not claim LTI hull insurance lol.
    Hmm !
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill
  • APOC

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Your LTI will exist even if you fly your ship into shady areas. However, you probably won't be re-reimbursed for the hull if you ignored the giant thing on your screen saying "WARNING: Entering Marine controlled space will forefit your LTI! Please turn back!". If you lose your ship in that circumstance, your insurance company will way "What the hell did you expect?". You'll then pay out of pocket to get the hull replaced, which will still have LTI attached.

The TL;DR version of this is: if you have LTI, that doesn't mean you get to be an idiot. Just like a non-LTI person, you're going to have to pay a hefty premium on your insurance if you want to be able to make claims that are absurd, like "flew into the sun just because".

This is 100% speculation.
    WE. MELT. NOTHING.
  • flashbackflip

Posted:
    Edited: by flashbackflip
    Posted:
    Edited:
    BRooDJeRo:
    [hide]

'Null SEC'

Ugh, go back to eve man. It's called different inhere.

Huh.. What is it called here? 'Lawless space'? Too long imo

I did a thorough research on EVE about 5 years ago to see if it worth it (LOVE space) - decided to skip that kind of gameplay and never played it, but i see no problem in calling the fringe area 'null sec'
    We can lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures of excellence and intelligence and skill. We can be free! We can learn to FLY!!
    - Johnathan Livingston Seagull
  • lezantas26

Posted:
    Edited: by lezantas26
    Posted:
    Edited:
    why so much frustation about some insuranse you can get in game ... never understand that .

But LTI having advantages over basic hull insurance ? I hope they dont do that .

I have LTI on my Hornet , so i am not some "butthurt-that-wants-LTI" , i just dont want new players to think that i have an unfair advantage over them . (yes i know that LTI has a financial advantage , but i am sure it would be neglible)

Anyway , early backers should know better that we got rewarded through the community back then .
    I mean it was awesome chatting with the old guys , and it was exciting when we finally gather enough to make the game a reality .
    And i would like to say that 2mil livestream was so much fun , but i didnt stayed through all of it .
    (though the parts i saw were great ^^)

so yeah , i dont care about LTI anymore , it became so popular that CIG now offers it in many ocassions .
    Its not something about the OBs anymore , so it does not have any value for me .

- i would gladly trade LTI with some status symbol (only cosmetic , no bonus) , but only OBs pledged before 2mil livestream can have it .
    Ye i know it sounds elitist , but i am proud i was there and i want to show it . It also does not have any ingame advantage , so everyone is happy .
    Valaska said:

"There are as many women on this game as they want to be"

best damn quote ever !!!
  • Rioku

Posted:
    Posted:
    They said in 2012 that LTI will cover the hull in any condition, and now change?

There were lot of people that make a big effort to buy big ship instead Aurora, like a Constellation and others.

The big amount of money is in big part because LTI, so, what if this was announced in early days? will SC get a high number of money? no

Im sure if RSI give the chance us to change ship for money, many peple will do, and start with an Aurora or Origin.

This is a big change, so i understand that some people feel Swindle
    mi firma /></a></center>
  • Irishdude

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

I am the ANGEL of LTI DEATH...

BeiPu8U.gif

I HAVE COME FOR YOUR PLEDGE SHIPS.

You sir, owe me a cup of coffee and a new keyboard.

Who knew bunnies were so frightening? lol should he put a big disclaimer in front of it?

LTI = standard (purchased in game) insurance they BOTH WORK the EXACTLY same way...
    Planet no fly advisory says do not come here or be blowed up...you stupid and go anyway = blowed up in ship A :hull id 123456 (has LTI)
    Per message stating insurance will not replace ship hull in this area..== you get no replacement ship....
    You go buy new ship B: hull id 765432....GUESS what? no insurance transfer......
    LTI is bound to the ship HULL ID!!!!! = ship B:hull id 765432 will NOT get LTI transferred to it....stop spreading BAD information
    NO transfer LTI = LTI on ship A: hull id 123456 IS VOID....there is no way around that, you cannot mince words you have lost your ship and LTI

The system info is displayed the same as ship info..it is not fiction, it is game based mechanics on how things will behave in the game....do not dismiss these system info specs as fiction..they are not..they are exactly the same as the ships specs displayed in the JP as stated by devs (ya know, the people MAKING this game)

Have your opinion all you want but do not pass something off as official without a link explicitly stating something as fact.

• Owosci

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hello everyone, there are a lot of these threads poping up today.

Some Insurance References

There is an insurance section in here

This is about LTI

Highlights below.

Lifetime Insurance
    *Replaces your ship hull in the event of destruction or theft.
    Hull is replaced with an identical model in equivalent condition.
    Effective indefinitely with no additional in-game fee.

Standard Hull Insurance
    *Replaces your ship hull in the event of destruction or theft.
    Hull is replaced with an identical model in equivalent condition.
    Effective for a set period of time: currently one, three or six months.
    Must be renewed with in-game credits once expired.

* Insurance claims may be denied in cases of proven fraud.

Some of the additional policies like upgrade or cargo insurance will be rated based on risk levels. Risk level 1 being the safest systems and risk level 5 being the most dangerous system that is insurable for cargo or upgrades. Any risk level over 5 is un-insurable. A risk 3 policy for cargo will cover you for all cargo losses in a risk 3 system or below. The higher the risk level of the policy the more it will cost. As with the base insurance this will not be crippling financially but instead be a reasonable running cost that relates to the risk / reward profile of the systems flown.

Summary
    * Both LTI and the Insurance in game cover the hull replacement without regard to the security level of the system
    * Additional insurance can be purchased to cover items like upgrades, cargo and other items but is limited by security level at the time of purchase. If you loose the item in an area less secure than what the insurance covers that loss is not covered.

Lastly, Lore is colorful description that has happened in the past and in my opinion does not override game mechanics posted by Chris Roberts.

Take care,
  • Ciudadano_Uno

Posted:
    Edited: by Ciudadano_Uno
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

LTI = standard (purchased in game) insurance they BOTH WORK the EXACTLY same way...
    Planet no fly advisory says do not come here or be blowed up...you stupid and go anyway = blowed up in ship A :hull id 123456 (has LTI)
    Per message stating insurance will not replace ship hull in this area..== you get no replacement ship....
    You go buy new ship B: hull id 765432....GUESS what? no insurance transfer......
    LTI is bound to the ship HULL ID!!!!! = ship B:hull id 765432 will NOT get LTI transferred to it....stop spreading BAD information
    NO transfer LTI = LTI on ship A: hull id 123456 IS VOID....there is no way around that, you cannot mince words you have lost your ship and LTI

It doesn't work that way. The insurance, LTI or standard, is not void. Just the loss is not coverd. Probably what you will have to do is pay your insurance company for the replacement.

Salu2 :)

Star Citizen's hispanic community
    ciudest_logo.png
  • Inc

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Posted: 8:07am Jul 27, 2013
    Edited: 8:08am Jul 27, 2013
    On the note of LTI it seems to be even less useful than the little that was previously assumed.

By the looks of it LTI will NOT cover your ship in all situations anyway. There are UEE military zones (and maybe NULL SEC areas) where you will lose your pledge ship no matter what as no insurance covers you. (As Stated by Rob Irving and seemingly confirmed in chat by him).

Some insurance wont work (mods/cargo) but hull insurance will and your hull comes with the base mods, CR said the only way to make your LTI break is via trying to commit fraud with it to make credits so unless you have a link i don't believe this is correct.

The Areas with no insurance wont be pirate areas anyway, they will be Vanduul areas. Every area has an insurance rating, and you chose the level you want to be insured to. If you plan a route or try and jump to a non covered area, your computer will warn you.

Bassicly.

Hull = insured everywhere and cheap
    Mods = most places (possibly everywhere), probably more expensive but not to bad. (remeber you get mods replaced in teh same state as when they go destoryed)
    Cargo = most places, but expensive to insure
    pxkpahK.png

• Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    Skull_Face:
    [hide]

If the ship's stolen, the old hull ID is voided, not the LTI. I'm pretty sure that's even covered somewhere in this thread...
    Join the 73rd!
    Without Victory, there can be no Survival! Bishop for Imperator!
  • Arcadia

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

They said in 2012 that LTI will cover the hull in any condition, and now change?

There were lot of people that make a big effort to buy big ship instead Aurora, like a Constellation and others.

The big amount of money is in big part because LTI, so, what if this was announced in early days? will SC get a high number of money? no

Im sure if RSI give the chance us to change ship for money, many peple will do, and start with an Aurora or Origin.

This is a big change, so i understand that some people feel Swindle

True enough. It has been confirmed a many times in the past that LTI will cover any loss of your ship, whatever the circumstances (even though the time factor for replacement is variable and has yet to be determined). If they go back on their original declarations now, this will spimply be fraud. Not to mention, some promises have already been broken (respectively largely diluted) to the detriment original backers, i don't think its a wise move to carry this any further now. I do know a few people that backed this game for very considerable amounts and that would not be all too happy about introducing new rules which totally contradict which has been said previously. If you gave away thousands of dollars in order to support this dream of a game, there should at the very least be a very basic safeguard from losing all your stuff permanently, whatever the in-game cicumstance. That being said, I hope CIG will make the greatest game ever, although honouring what previously has been said.
  • Irishdude

Posted:
    Posted:
    Adamanter:
    [hide]

[hide]

blah

It doesn't work that way. The insurance, LTI or standard, is not void. Just the loss is not coverd. Probably what you will have to do is pay your insurance company for the replacement.

And where exactly has that ever been stated that you can pay the insurance co to get another ship in the event they refuse to replace your ship when you were destroyed in an area clearly labeled saying ship replacement insurance would not be valid? Link or dev quote not your opinion...
    stop spreading false information without proof...

this is from insurance faq (official) here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12820-Insurance-FAQ-And-Update

Can I trade my lifetime insurance ship?

Yes. The lifetime insurance will follow the ship hull when it is legally sold or gifted. If the ship is stolen or otherwise captured, the policy will not transfer.
    Will my insurance carry over to ships I earn in the finished game?

No, and you cannot transfer insurance policies from one ship to another.

Directly from the ins faq it states you cannot transfer ship insurance...

• Fluffinator

Posted:
    Edited: by Fluffinator
    Posted:
    Edited:
    1) They clearly stated during pledging that unless you did some sort of insurance fruad that you could never lose your LTI pledge ship period.
    2) They have said now that in X situation you WILL lose your LTI ship and it will NOT be replaced.
    Due to these being 100% at odds I have sent in a clarification request to the concerige team.

I suspect someone wrote some fiction without Chris seeing it and this will all get worked out.
  • APOC

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Adamanter:
    [hide]

[hide]

blah

And where exactly has that ever been stated that you can pay the insurance co to get another ship in the event they refuse to replace your ship when you were destroyed in an area clearly labeled saying ship replacement insurance would not be valid? Link or dev quote not your opinion...
    stop spreading false information....
    Adamanter is engaging in unfounded speculation.

No mechanic like he is describing has ever been promulgated by CIG to my knowledge.
    WE. MELT. NOTHING.
  • sunrodent

Posted:
    Posted:
    uh, the number one reason people pledged was to give Chris Roberts the money he needed to make the game he wants to make.

However, "some" people here are saying that the number one reason they pledged was for LTI.

To those people i say, What have you done to help this community other than discuss LTI endlessly.

• INACTIVE_Ezekeel

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    [hide]

However, "some" people here are saying that the number one reason they pledged was for LTI.

To those people i say, What have you done to help this community other than discuss LTI endlessly.

You answered your own question: They did help by pledging.
  • Kaedan

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    It's as Regent stated. LTI = Standard insurance. Both insurances will always cover your ship no matter where you are in space. If you blow up multiple times in a short period, you will have a cooldown before your next reclaim, but you will never lose it permanently (unless you stop paying Standard fees).

The only insurance that will be voided by entering high risk space or lawless space is insurance on Cargo and Equipment. That has 5 risk levels, corresponding to the 5 risk levels of space. If you're only insured for risk level 3, blowing up in risk level 5 will prevent you from reclaiming your cargo and upgrades. You will, however, be able to reclaim your ship no problem.
  • RobIrving

Developer

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi, folks. A lot of contention here, so I just wanted to step in and clarify a few things, since this post has generated a lot of traffic.

First of all, let's get one thing clear. Lifetime insurance is the same as regular hull insurance, with the added benefit that you don't have to re-up it when it expires, because it doesn't. Lifetime insurance gives you something that newer players won't have: insurance that you don't have to worry about renewing. It doesn't give you anything that they cannot get by purchasing normal policies. (Thanks to Roquen, Moses Baxter and others for pointing this out...)

As Chris has said before, particularly on the original FAQ, hull insurance does work in any situation, even dangerous areas. As also stated, this is the replacement value of the original hull and original parts (not overclocked parts) in the condition that they were last docked.

That being said, insurance policies (lifetime or otherwise) will not be instant "get out of jail free" cards. It takes time for ships to be replaced, particularly larger ones. So treating a ship like something special that you have worked hard for is a reasonable approach. Continued abuse of insurance coverage could very well result in longer replacement times, as the insurance company needs to verify that no abuse is taking place. (It takes much longer to get your check for running your car into a bridge than it does for getting hail damage on the same car...)

Sometimes things get put into our fictional pieces that get people concerned. In this case, the post talks about a planet that has no landing zones and no value for approaching, and the fiction was just amped up to emphasise the danger of a world that is really just set dressing in the midst of our universe. We always try to be careful with our words, even in fiction, but sometimes we just get a bit carried away.

We apologize if this made the situation unclear.

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm,

Rob
  • Kaedan

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    And there you have it. ^_^
  • Coal_Morgan

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Hi, folks. A lot of contention here, so I just wanted to step in and clarify a few things, since this post has generated a lot of traffic.

First of all, let's get one thing clear. Lifetime insurance is the same as regular hull insurance, with the added benefit that you don't have to re-up it when it expires, because it doesn't. Lifetime insurance gives you something that newer players won't have: insurance that you don't have to worry about renewing. It doesn't give you anything that they cannot get by purchasing normal policies. (Thanks to Roquen, Moses Baxter and others for pointing this out...)

As Chris has said before, particularly on the original FAQ, hull insurance does work in any situation, even dangerous areas. As also stated, this is the replacement value of the original hull and original parts (not overclocked parts) in the condition that they were last docked.

That being said, insurance policies (lifetime or otherwise) will not be instant "get out of jail free" cards. It takes time for ships to be replaced, particularly larger ones. So treating a ship like something special that you have worked hard for is a reasonable approach. Continued abuse of insurance coverage could very well result in longer replacement times, as the insurance company needs to verify that no abuse is taking place. (It takes much longer to get your check for running your car into a bridge than it does for getting hail damage on the same car...)

Sometimes things get put into our fictional pieces that get people concerned. In this case, the post talks about a planet that has no landing zones and no value for approaching, and the fiction was just amped up to emphasise the danger of a world that is really just set dressing in the midst of our universe. We always try to be careful with our words, even in fiction, but sometimes we just get a bit carried away.

We apologize if this made the situation unclear.

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm,

Rob

Thank you so much. Appreciate you dropping in and pouring the tempest out of the teapot.
  • Nomad-Soul

Posted:
    Posted:
    Love the devs in this game!
  • Owosci

Posted:
    Edited: by Owosci
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Well that clears it up rather well. Thanks,
  • Albuquerque

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    Relief ! Sorted...it couldn't be any different could it, CIG ppl just have ONE WORD n time n again they prove we have good reason to trust them !
This discussion has been closed.