LTI/Insurance void in NULL SEC areas? Free Hangar for everyone?

• Fluffinator

Posted:
    Edited: by Fluffinator
    Posted:
    Edited:
    LTI threads really aren't needed. The power creep on new model ships means 6 months after release noone will be flying an old LTI model that can't equip the new cool stuff that the new better model can.
    The true use of LTI ships is to put them on the AH first day and get a in game credit head start and save up for a couple months later when the new ship models show up in the store.
  • Luger

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Inability to dock at UEE-controlled ports? Huge bounties against them? More stuff?

Meh...not a deterrent really...just a hassle. There is a good reason for this decision I am sure. I'm just glad the punishment isn't permadeath. Now it takes a big pair of cojones if you are determined to invade UEE military space.
    "Welcome to Sol Sector, Lieutenant."
  • magicmunkey

Posted:
    Posted:
    People should keep LTI no matter what unless they commit fraud. People paid real money.
    “If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.”

~ Beeblebrox

Caterpillar | Heart of Gold
  • Luger

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

People should keep LTI no matter what unless they commit fraud. People paid real money.

Yes, I know. I am one of them. I've spent a considerable amount and therefore would never take my LTI covered ships into that area. Now, another ship that was purchased as a throw away or taken in a battle - that's a different story. Folks need to look at this from a different perspective. Don't put at risk what you are not willing to lose.
    "Welcome to Sol Sector, Lieutenant."
  • Manic

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Yes, I know. I am one of them. I've spent a considerable amount and therefore would never take my LTI covered ships into that area. Now, another ship that was purchased as a throw away or taken in a battle - that's a different story. Folks need to look at this from a different perspective. Don't put at risk what you are not willing to lose.
    CR has already stated you'll NEVER lose your LTI ships (short of insurance fraud or selling them, which isn't really losing them).

THIS WILL NOT CHANGE (unless CiG likes having fecal matter maelstroms).
    Purple=Mod Else=User Grammar Risk/Reward
  • Zephyr

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well, maybe you should subscribe to JP8... or get them another way since some ppl have been distributing them illegally. And read the big read box noting/warning of an exception to the rule.

Permadeath of a character is inconsequential really in this game, because as CR said. your character is your SHIP. that is why insurance is so importance. u can always get more characters, but ur equipment loss is permanent.

This reminds me of old text based MUDs where if u die, u suffer a small % loss to stats, but lose all of your characters equipment.
    Qq0NcTk.jpg
  • Fluffinator

Posted:
    Edited: by Fluffinator
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Permadeath of a character is inconsequential really in this game, because as CR said. your character is your SHIP. that is why insurance is so importance. u can always get more characters, but ur equipment loss is permanent.

1) Your ship doesn't get rep or rank or faction your pilot does.
    2) Your pilot can fly many ships and he still has his rep and friends no matter the ship
    3) You can't create other pilots only replacements IE 1 pilot who inherrits the last pilots stuff

So he can say all he wants your ship is you but it isn't. Your pilot is you and your ships are what he flys. Also it has been made clear that better varients will come out with stuff your LTI ship can't have so you will need to eventually upgrade to a new NON-LTI hull.
  • Roquen

Posted:
    Posted:
    All I have to say is that I'm an original backer (put in $2,000 so far, more to come) and I want LTI to work the same way CIG has been saying as of recently: That it is the same as normal insurance and that the only difference is that you don't pay for it. You are having insurance paid on your behalf.

The reason: If LTI works the way some people WANT it to work, then there is no penalty for an action. This is a sim game. It isn't WoW, it isn't EVE. If you make a foolish choice and knowingly go into an unprotected area that insurance doesn't cover, you should get blown up and need to save up for a new ship. If you just get it back you can try the same foolish action again and again until you reap some kind of epic reward for finally doing what you were trying to do. This is not how sim games work. You all backed to get a sim game, not WoW PVP where you just queue up and fight to the death with no real penalty.
    - Roquen

-RSI Constellation, Hornet, Freelancer, Interplanetary Cutlass, M50 Interceptor, 350R Racer, Aurora LX
  • malkir

Posted:
    Posted:
    Your LTI will exist even if you fly your ship into shady areas. However, you probably won't be re-reimbursed for the hull if you ignored the giant thing on your screen saying "WARNING: Entering Marine controlled space will forefit your LTI! Please turn back!". If you lose your ship in that circumstance, your insurance company will way "What the hell did you expect?". You'll then pay out of pocket to get the hull replaced, which will still have LTI attached.

The TL;DR version of this is: if you have LTI, that doesn't mean you get to be an idiot. Just like a non-LTI person, you're going to have to pay a hefty premium on your insurance if you want to be able to make claims that are absurd, like "flew into the sun just because".
  • Manic

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Your LTI will exist even if you fly your ship into shady areas. However, you probably won't be re-reimbursed for the hull if you ignored the giant thing on your screen saying "WARNING: Entering Marine controlled space will forefit your LTI! Please turn back!". If you lose your ship in that circumstance, your insurance company will way "What the hell did you expect?". You'll then pay out of pocket to get the hull replaced, which will still have LTI attached.

The TL;DR version of this is: if you have LTI, that doesn't mean you get to be an idiot. Just like a non-LTI person, you're going to have to pay a hefty premium on your insurance if you want to be able to make claims that are absurd, like "flew into the sun just because".

This isn't how it works though. They've already confirmed that.
    Purple=Mod Else=User Grammar Risk/Reward
  • Gagarin

Posted:
    Posted:
    I could have sworn the devs already stated that Hull insurance (standard or LTI) will be in effect in null-sec areas / lawless space / etc.

That the only difference between standard hull and lti-hull is that LTI is not paying a nominal fee every month or whatever.

And that going into lawless space will merely mean your weapon/gear and cargo insurance will not work. So you can't insure those awesome guns + shields before going into lawless space: if you blow up there then that kit is gone.
    Around 75% of my posts are from an iPhone / iPad and auto-correct stinks. So my spelling and grammar probably stink as well.
  • Coal_Morgan

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I could have sworn the devs already stated that Hull insurance (standard or LTI) will be in effect in null-sec areas / lawless space / etc.

That the only difference between standard hull and lti-hull is that LTI is not paying a nominal fee every month or whatever.

And that going into lawless space will merely mean your weapon/gear and cargo insurance will not work. So you can't insure those awesome guns + shields before going into lawless space: if you blow up there then that kit is gone.

This, a thousand times this. They have said it, you can't lose your hull if it is insured with LTI or regular hull insurance.
  • Zec-Ocean

Posted:
    Edited: by Zec-Ocean
    Posted:
    Edited:
    So much disjointed information out there at the moment about L.T.I

Personally I always ask my self these two question when I pledge

1. Am I doing this for an in game advantage or to support the SC game.

2. There is an advantage but is it worth it.

Follow that and regardless if its LTI or what ever reward you can't really go far wrong.
    Zepfu%2002_zpsqxq0b2aq.gif
  • Jet_Fusion

Posted:
    Posted:
    'Null SEC'

Ugh, go back to eve man. It's called different inhere.
  • Failscalator

Posted:
    Posted:
    To me it seems that you'll be fine so long as you aren't trying to blockade bust onto the marine planet, which would be like running into any no-game area in Borderlands, insta-death loss of errything you had on your ship plus the ship...just like you would in real life if you tried to slam your car into a base in afghanistan, it's just something you dont do...if you want to live. XD That being said treat your ship like a real item, treat your lives as if they actually count, don't go rambo'ing into the sun, and you'll have your ship when you put in the claim and what not. :)...Raaammmbooo
    The CREW
  • Bloodbolt

Posted:
    In Null-Sec Hull insurance will count it
    that will prolly not be the case for other kinds of insurance

There will be some things in Star Citizens game design that WILL take people out of their comfort zone. Thats a good thing

Vigilia Pretium Libertatis, Latin for "The Price of Freedom is Vigilance".
  • Roquen

Posted:
    Edited: by Roquen
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

This, a thousand times this. They have said it, you can't lose your hull if it is insured with LTI or regular hull insurance.
    No, there are some areas where Hull insurance is void as well. Corin being one of them. Become a subscriber to find out more.
    - Roquen

-RSI Constellation, Hornet, Freelancer, Interplanetary Cutlass, M50 Interceptor, 350R Racer, Aurora LX
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Inability to dock at UEE-controlled ports? Huge bounties against them? More stuff?

Meh...not a deterrent really...just a hassle. There is a good reason for this decision I am sure. I'm just glad the punishment isn't permadeath. Now it takes a big pair of cojones if you are determined to invade UEE military space.
    Well, if you can't land at UEE controlled ports, it might be a little difficult to make an insurance claim on a vessel only produced in UEE space.
    Join the 73rd!
    Without Victory, there can be no Survival! Bishop for Imperator!
  • Zephyr

Posted:
    Edited: by Zephyr
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

Get a subscription and stop talking like an ignorant. Read JP8. I'm ok way making some sectors of the game off limits, and people should be careful with their ships, LTI or no LTI.

I just don't think its right for CIG to change foundational rules without telling the community. I get it, its subject to change, but if you plan to change pledge altering rules, please tell us, lets discuss it, or just tell us this is what it has got to be, and why. There are no publishers to force your hand, CIG, but your devoted fans have very little means of legal protection in terms of accountability, you should try to help them feel more secure in their belief.

I have, like all of you, thrown a lot of money at this project. WE all trust Chris to a large extent to make the game he wants to make, and we want to play in that world he envisions. I do say here, it is Chris' dream we hope to share in, because the game will surely not cater to all of our whims. But some of these recent shifts in rules (losing game copy with extra pledges) should be more publicized and be dealt with openly, people have been misled to pledge more than they otherwise would have, by CIG's creation of time limits and false impressions from the beginning that extra pledges = game key + ship key.

One suggestion would be to make it a priority to actually having an official FAQ section. I can wait on the work in progress artwork, because I will not be pledging one penny until there are some rules that I know will not be broken to pander to the next new group of pledgers. People are being threatened with time limits to pledge their hard earned money based on shifting sands, and that is just not right.

I want to make new backers feel as welcome to this great community as the next guy, but the OBs have put up with a lot of changes in the name of increasing CIG coffers. For all the whiners saying that the OBs are being too greedy, think about what Capitalism means, whether its angel investors or us... initial pledgers undertook much greater risk with their money and should deserve a greater reward. When no one even knew what star citizen was, before PC gamer and the rest wrote articles on CR's new game, we pledged and helped put the game on the map.

I just see wingman's lip move about "loyalty to the original backers", but edicts negating the benefits/exclusives we were originally lead to believe OBs are entitled to keep leaking out via dev posts and customer service emails.

Please read more about this here:
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/23576/one-copy-of-game-per-account-multiple-pledge-packages#latest

To quote fellow pledger Rhodan: "being freed from a publisher, doesn´t mean your free to do whatever you want, and break promises given. I´m relatively sure they are working on a cohesive Faq, but the air is getting thin. To much has already been done, that offended a lot of OB´s."

I do believe Chris appreciates his original supporters, who helped launch this obscure game into fame. Please show us you have not forgotten about us.

I am not asking for much. I am just asking for some clarity.

I think there are some worshipers who think CR an do no wrong, but I just think that all the pandering talk about openness should start with a proper FAQ and some ground rules that will not be changed with every round of additional fund raising. These unannounced changes are generation a crisis of trust.
    Qq0NcTk.jpg
  • Legion-Geth

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Get a subscription and stop talking like an ignorant.

I just don't like CIG changing the rules without telling the community. WE all trust Chris to a large extent but some of these shady shiftings should be more publicized, such actually having an official FAQ section. Because people are pledging their hard earned money based on shifting sands, and that is just not right.

Please read more about this here:
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/23576/one-copy-of-game-per-account-multiple-pledge-packages#latest
    You Sir Mr. Zephyr are the ignorant here. Leaking subscriber content in the general chat and then also... as if this was not enough yet:
    [hide]

Well, maybe you should subscribe to JP8... or get them another way since some ppl have been distributing them illegally. And read the big read box noting/warning of an exception to the rule.

This reminds me of old text based MUDs where if u die, u suffer a small % loss to stats, but lose all of your characters equipment.

encouraging people to get subscribers content wether it being illegal or not. Are you aware what you are doing here?
    Wasting my time and money. Stirring up stupid discussions about hard earned money.

Why should the game for the people with LTI be different than for those without LTI? Why should someone with LTI be allowed to ram and terrorize other players, why should LTI allow you to ride your vehicle into the sun without consequence and why is it necessary for someone with LTI to fly into a no fly area? WHY?

If LTI isnt handled like a normal (just free) insurance, I see griefing and abuse since even the OP isnt able to keep things restricted to subscribers area but prefers to act like a kid freaking out because mum took his console away, what will happen ingame if someone with unrestricted LTI doesnt get his ways? He will in the end just use the ship as a ramrod because he can. He will get his ship back, while the poor guy who was probably the better pilot but with no LTI will look like an idiot.

D9Op5Ea.png%22%20alt=%22D9Op5Ea.png
  • ByrdDog

Posted:
    Edited: by ByrdDog
    Posted:
    Edited:
    deleted
  • Coal_Morgan

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Watch your tone son, I have a subscription, I've read that thread and read the story it came from. I'm capable of telling the difference between fiction and Chris Roberts actually typing,

[–]CommanderRoberts[S] 13 points 3 months ago
    "The non insurance in very high risk areas only applies to the upgrade and cargo insurance policies and potentially the normal hull policies. LTI is good everywhere!"

LTI IS GOOD EVERYWHERE!

LTI is good everywhere?

YES LTI IS GOOD EVERYWHERE!

LTI BUENO EVERYWHERE!

MI HABLA NO ESPANOLE

IT'S GOOD.....EVERYWHERE.

Everywhere it is good? What did Chris Roberts say? You mean the guy who has final say on everything, started the company and has fingers in every pie? What did he say?

HE SAID IT'S GOOD EVERYWHERE!
  • Magnus-Banestar

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

LTI threads really aren't needed. The power creep on new model ships means 6 months after release noone will be flying an old LTI model that can't equip the new cool stuff that the new better model can.
    The true use of LTI ships is to put them on the AH first day and get a in game credit head start and save up for a couple months later when the new ship models show up in the store.

It's been stated recently that ships like we can get now we can get but after launch no ships will be in the store.

• SilverBullet

On Probation
    Posted:
    Edited: by SilverBullet
    On Probation
    Posted:
    Edited:
    So role-playing a pirate based in Cathcart on Spider I am guaranteed no insurance cover, yeah I never did get that. They have pirate engineers who salvage from the ships in the ghost shipyards around Spider who should reimburse ships lost to pirates / mercenaries with LTI, or we will all have to side with the UEE to protect our assets, how well thought out.
  • Zephyr

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Watch your tone son, I have a subscription, I've read that thread and read the story it came from. I'm capable of telling the difference between fiction and Chris Roberts actually typing,

[–]CommanderRoberts[S] 13 points 3 months ago
    "The non insurance in very high risk areas only applies to the upgrade and cargo insurance policies and potentially the normal hull policies. LTI is good everywhere!"

LTI IS GOOD EVERYWHERE!

LTI is good everywhere?

YES LTI IS GOOD EVERYWHERE!

LTI BUENO EVERYWHERE!

MI HABLA NO ESPANOLE

IT'S GOOD.....EVERYWHERE.

Everywhere it is good? What did Chris Roberts say? You mean the guy who has final say on everything, started the company and has fingers in every pie? What did he say?

HE SAID IT'S GOOD EVERYWHERE!
    stop trolling my thread, son. see what I did there? you didnt enjoy being called son did you? I didnt either. I hope your real son has better reading comprehension skills.

I dont care about LTI. I want clarity about changes to the rules, I want a FAQ and rules that wont be changed when its convenient to bring more backers. I want CIG to stop screwing over the original backers, and I want my copy of the games contained in my pledges.
    Qq0NcTk.jpg
  • Coal_Morgan

Posted:
    Edited: by Coal_Morgan
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

stop trolling my thread, son. see what I did there? you didnt enjoy being called son did you? I didnt either. I hope your real son has better reading comprehension skills.

I dont care about LTI. I want clarity about changes to the rules, I want a FAQ and rules that wont be changed when its convenient to bring more backers. I want CIG to stop screwing over the original backers, and I want my copy of the games contained in my pledges.

I didn't mind at all.

Where is the troll, I presented 2 facts and replied to someone in a much more polite fashion then he replied to me. ignorant, I think not.
    1. Everyone is arguing about something from a piece of fiction.
    2. Chris Roberts used this sentence. ""The non insurance in very high risk areas only applies to the upgrade and cargo insurance policies and potentially the normal hull policies. LTI is good everywhere!"

That is enough. There needs to be no more, because anyone who talks off the cuff or in a side channel or in the chat scroll is going from their recollection of what CR has designed or discussed. It's like levels of canon, certain things trump other things. Roberts said LTI is good everywhere.

That's it, that is all I need.
  • Dimididales

Posted:
    Edited: by Dimididales
    Posted:
    Edited:
    If the JP article should actually describe a game mechanic it would be understandable. This exception would be there to protect an important game mechanic: The UEE is not supposed to be taken out of the game by crushing their main base. Like the Concord was not supposed to be taken out in High Sec in EvE - but players managed to do that, having some "fun" with the newbies.

So trying to attack the marine base could be seen as an exploit attempt - which is counterfighted with a number of game mechanics. Having no insurance being one of them.

So your insurance will protect you everywhere, unless you aim for insurance fraud or try to exploit the game.
    NoamLoop2.png
  • Daedroth

Posted:
    Edited: by Daedroth
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Original Backer her, so I'll have LTI for all the ships I pledge for before the cut at the end of November.
    [hide]

Why should the game for the people with LTI be different than for those without LTI? Why should someone with LTI be allowed to ram and terrorize other players, why should LTI allow you to ride your vehicle into the sun without consequence and why is it necessary for someone with LTI to fly into a no fly area? WHY?

This is the real question here. I get the feeling, some think LTI will be some kind of invincible-mode for them, when in reality LTI will probably be more like this:

supertolles-fahrradfahren-lern-foto-bild

LTI should be treated like any other ingame insurance with the only difference being that you don't have to remember to pay it regularly. Like any other insurance, there should and will be situations where any insurance will be voided.

Cheers, Lythe
    -_-
  • Ciudadano_Uno

Posted:
    Edited: by Ciudadano_Uno
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Like any other insurance, there should and will be situations where any insurance will be voided.

A situation in which LTi is partially voided: overclock original componnents. In this case those components are not covered.

Salu2 :)

Star Citizen's hispanic community
    ciudest_logo.png
  • Industrial

Posted:
    Edited: by Industrial
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

I didn't mind at all.

Where is the troll, I presented 2 facts and replied to someone in a much more polite fashion then he replied to me. ignorant, I think not.
    1. Everyone is arguing about something from a piece of fiction.
    2. Chris Roberts used this sentence. ""The non insurance in very high risk areas only applies to the upgrade and cargo insurance policies and potentially the normal hull policies. LTI is good everywhere!"

That is enough. There needs to be no more, because anyone who talks off the cuff or in a side channel or in the chat scroll is going from their recollection of what CR has designed or discussed. It's like levels of canon, certain things trump other things. Roberts said LTI is good everywhere.

That's it, that is all I need.
    CR has said time and time again that the latest fiction is a more interesting way of presenting current game mechanics than just giving stats and it allows them some wiggle room.

It has come up several times in interviews.

This is another reason that people have taken this seriously as a topic that needs addressing directly.
    "Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”
    ― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.