Sneaky Missiles?

CavortingOgre

Posted:
Posted: -
So, after owning a pledge for a long time I have finally tried to git gud at the dogfighting in this game. I looked up some videos and I am now pretty confident I am not shit. I can circle strafe a little bit, skid, and a few other manoeuvres.

However, missiles? I'll see the warning flash up, "Okay, gotta do a bit of prolonged circling + rolling", and usually I will evade the missile. Sometimes though I'll get hit see my screen lag (this happens whenever I die or someone else does) and die, and see I died to a missile.

Are there some missiles that don't get a warning sign, or can anyone explain what's happening?
  • Ozram

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    Practice keeping an eye on the radar so you know where it's coming from. Also listen for lockon sounds. @Mechanaught has some nice videos on where to go from there. Cheers and good luck.
  • Mechanought

Posted:
    Posted:
    A simple yet effective maneuver that works in most ships.

Vid #2 shows how to evade in 300 series ships.

Thanks for the shout-out Ozram.

@Whitesnake has some excellent videos that go over missile evasion in-depth and will improve your flight ability, among other things. They're long but worth the watch.

• Whitesnake

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

A simple yet effective maneuver that works in most ships.

0.jpg

Vid #2 shows how to evade in 300 series ships.

0.jpg

Thanks for the shout-out Ozram.

@Whitesnake has some excellent videos that go over missile evasion in-depth and will improve your flight ability, among other things. They're long but worth the watch.

Thanks for the mention, here's the TL;DR version of the beam method:

0.jpg
    “TeamLegacy
  • SGCPhyankord

Posted:
    Posted:
    somtimes missiles will not have a warning in red on your screen, so far i believe this is a bug. another bug is when it will tell you missile evaded even though its still following you.
  • CavortingOgre

Posted:
    Posted:
    Oh dang, thanks guys! Looks like the missile evaded pop-up can be a bit deceiving.

@Whitesnake Your videos have helped me so much. Those videos are the only reason I actually enjoy the dog fighting in this game now. Learning how to fight without gimbal weapons has made everything so much better.
  • Whitesnake

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Oh dang, thanks guys! Looks like the missile evaded pop-up can be a bit deceiving.

@Whitesnake Your videos have helped me so much. Those videos are the only reason I actually enjoy the dog fighting in this game now. Learning how to fight without gimbal weapons has made everything so much better.

This kind of feedback makes all the effort worth it. Thank you!
    “TeamLegacy