• SlashRaid

Posted:
    Posted:
    1BbWQvI.png
    sW0eZFO.jpg
  • Radec59437

Posted:
    Posted:
    Looks like the flight controls have changed already...?
    It looks more "fixed", less wonky etc.
    giacix.gif369f43f10964f61fa3206b0.png
  • Danthrax

Posted:
    Posted:
    They've changed the lock-on animated reticule. Instead of puzzle pieces forming a circle, it looks more like layers of circles zooming on top of each other.

The helmet flip animation happened when he took the helmet off the pedestal, too. Hopefully that'll be in our builds soon.
  • Beer

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good reveal. Well done, easy to follow, and holy shit is the game pretty.
    GOONS RUIN EVERYTHING
  • AngryCujo

Posted:
    Edited: by AngryCujo
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Interview could've been better if Gamespot had provided an Interviewer that knew anything about Star Citizen already. The "host" was completely clueless about the project and thus wasn't able to ask anything of value.

Chris did good though. Tried getting as much information as he could out.

I liked seeing his build of AC include a helmet-equipping animation too.
    - Angry Cujo
  • Liudeius

Posted:
    Posted:
    CR didn't crash again, the whole stream was a waste!
    3wIUXSK.png
  • Misa

Posted:
    Posted:
    Makes me kinda-sorta wish flight was more playable in 3rd person just so I could look at the pretty ships more.
  • Roadbeer

Posted:
    Posted:
    What? No announcement on Twitter? This is a crisis!!!

(see what I did there?)
    Run for your life from anyone using the term Buff or Nerf. That sentence is the leper’s bell of an approaching "easy button". - Ayn Rand
    The Post Lerian Jihad - We post better than you.
    Elder God (stick user) and "The most interesting man in the 'verse"
  • Mexicutioner46

Posted:
    Posted:
    Solid Stream. Little tid-bits of info, even for the dedicated followers of all things SC. It is fun flying a hornet!
  • Verratus

Posted:
    Posted:
    Anyone record it?
    Z5NMYne.gif
  • Gutz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Interview could've been better if Gamespot had provided an Interviewer that knew anything about Star Citizen already. The "host" was completely clueless about the project and thus wasn't able to ask anything of value.

yah i was thinking excactly that
  • SlashRaid

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

1BbWQvI.png

When was Mac and Linux officially confirmed? I thought it was a distant dream of theirs to make it for all of them, but this seems more affirmative.
    sW0eZFO.jpg
  • BrewMagoo

Posted:
    Posted:
    Get ready for another big influx of backers. Very nice interview and demonstration. This type of marketing is extremely valuable and cost effective, well done CIG.
    Star Citizen
  • Wainaa

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

CR didn't crash again, the whole stream was a waste!

He did crash :D Dude!

A member of the Brown Coats and a part owner of an unarmed Cutlass
  • Tarka_Dal

Posted:
    Posted:
    He did crash into a building again. Always showing off damage states, who can blame him.
  • jim-martens

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

When was Mac and Linux officially confirmed? I thought it was a distant dream of theirs to make it for all of them, but this seems more affirmative.

On PAX East Chris said on a panel that they will support Linux as CryEngine runs on Linux. The same goes for Mac then.
    With kind regards
    starFriend123
    Intel Core i7 3770 4x 3.4 GHz, EVGA GeForce GTX 660, 2GB
    16 GB Crucial DDR3-1333 RAM, 64GB Crucial m4 SSD
    2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Professional
  • Liudeius

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Linux was officially confirmed at a PAX press conference the day after the citizen event.
    Mac support has been talked about in old dev posts along side Linux, but I've never heard an official announcement.
    3wIUXSK.png
  • SirTobe

Posted:
    Posted:
    Cool to see some upcoming updates to the UI. The radar is readable! :D

Also, good luck running this on a Mac :P
    Kickin' in the burn!
  • James_Laird

Posted:
    Posted:
    We all want VIDEOBALL!!!

Got to love Chris though! Unfortunatly enthusiasm does not equal piloting skill :D
  • SlashRaid

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

On PAX East Chris said on a panel that they will support Linux as CryEngine runs on Linux. The same goes for Mac then.
    CryEngine doesn't work on Linux yet. They said they're working for it though. I just never heard a definite yes one way or the other. And Mac is different from Linux though their origins were similar. Mac isn't just a pretty Linux flavor.
    sW0eZFO.jpg
  • Armsman

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

1BbWQvI.png

They probably told Gamespot: "It's a PC game.."; and Gamespot extrapolated from there. OR maybe they did think of a way to get it on a Mac too (as they have said they do want to do a native LINUX version, but who knows, maybe they'll start with some sort of WINE version for LINUX and a Wineskin version for Macs.)

All that said, if any SC backers were watching who weren't following the RSI closely enough to realize Arena Commander is available; they do now, so I'd say AC client download traffic will probably increase.
    Ships: Anvil Carrack | MISC Freelancer | Origin 325A
    CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50 GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX670 (Stock) 2GB (GDDR5) | GeForce Driver Ver: 347.52
    System RAM: 16GB (DDR3) | OS: Win7 SP1 64-bit
    Display Resolution: 1920x1080 | Fullscreen+High | 45 FPS
  • SlashRaid

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Cool to see some upcoming updates to the UI. The radar is readable! :D

Also, good luck running this on a Mac :P

Well if it's supported by the game, I don't see the problem. There are some monster Macs these days.
    sW0eZFO.jpg
  • Radec59437

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

CryEngine doesn't work on Linux yet. They said they're working for it though. I just never heard a definite yes one way or the other. And Mac is different from Linux though their origins were similar. Mac isn't just a pretty Linux flavor.
    I think the Mac bit was a typo/error from Gamespot.
    Honestly, I hope so.
    giacix.gif369f43f10964f61fa3206b0.png
  • Gurman

Posted:
    Posted:
    Missed it!

Anyone know if it was recorded?
    Ignorance is bliss
  • mailman44

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I think the Mac bit was a typo/error from Gamespot.
    Honestly, I hope so.

Single button mouse.. :D
  • wcloaf

Developer

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Linux yes. Mac/OSX not at the time.

(I think that Gamespot must have pulled that from the WIkipedia, which is seems to be perennially incorrect about this.)
  • Tarka_Dal

Posted:
    Edited: by Tarka_Dal
    Posted:
    Edited:
    @Gurman it is here: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-star-citizen-stage-demo/2300-6419567/

Anyone wondering about the linux thing, I saw it said In this PAX East video. Around 23:10 here youtube.com/watch?v=0DDHx0_hJJo

Edit: Bens post appeared when I was looking for the two videos and the time codes.
  • mammon

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Anyone record it?

[hide]

Missed it!

Use the link in the OP and click the time bar to 1h 34m.
    TEST Squadron
  • Dux

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Linux yes. Mac/OSX not at the time.

(I think that Gamespot must have pulled that from the WIkipedia, which is seems to be perennially incorrect about this.)
    As always, Ben is on top of it! Always lurking! xD
    sigdux_zpsbe05e5a8.jpg
  • Verratus

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Anyone record it?

[hide]

Missed it!

Use the link in the OP and click the time bar to 1h 34m.
    Thanks man, I didn't realist the stream was persistent.
    Z5NMYne.gif