Michael Morlan has a new show for Star Citizens!

• Galileo

Posted:
    Posted:
    Everybody get on board! Mike Morlan was one of the greates assets of WH, he will make a great show!
    UKb2Yec.png
  • Renegade-Shank

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'm ready for SOCK PUPPETS!!!

8)
    html>
  • Speedracer99

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I'm ready for SOCK PUPPETS!!!

8)

ROFL....Im sooooooooooooo ready....

Thanks for the Paypal Mike.... really looking forward to the new show.

Your new number one fan. Ever. Seriously.
  • Bacchus

Posted:
    Posted:
    Always thought Mike was extremely talented. It'll be fun to watch this show develop and I'm happy to help as a backer.
    photo CV3_zpsafe66e00.png
  • Galileo

Posted:
    Posted:
    This needs More attention!
    UKb2Yec.png
  • 4thekore

Posted:
    Posted:
    Just to let you know in the spirit of internet first because you know it's a very big thing for some reason or another I'm the first bird or ahh twitter follower of yours. OK this sounds weird. Anyways I use to like birds but now I don't.
    Corel Co.
  • Iceman_For_Life

Posted:
    Posted:
    Nice. I will need to donate sometime. I am kinda with others and just want to donate some. Also shouldnt this be posted in the big view master page created a while back. It could be though I didnt check it out.
    html>
  • Galileo

Posted:
    Posted:
    Can this thread maybe be Fixed in the forums for some time? It is to promote one of your own employees in making Star Citizen related stuff (which is Publicity).
    UKb2Yec.png
  • Dritalin

Posted:
    Posted:
    Just threw some support.
  • MouseNo4

Posted:
    Edited: by MouseNo4
    Posted:
    Edited:
    When i see the first episode of Mike's new show, i will pledge my support. And it wont be a one off. I will have a recurring sub if i like it. If it is anything like WMH then i dont see why i wouldnt like it.

Oh what the hell....
    ----
    "Patreon thanks you for supporting creators!
    Oh wow! Thanks for your pledge!

Creating Galactic Inquiry is quite the challenge and thrill. I really appreciate that you believe in the show enough to support it.

See ya soon.

Viewmaster
    ----

Got the Orbital Insertion level. $10.
    fptVJee.png
  • Bacchus

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

This needs More attention!

It does.

It would really help if everyone who donated posted a note here in order to keep this thread afloat. It's to our own advantage to do this; more thread views means more backers and ultimately more shows.

photo CV3_zpsafe66e00.png
  • menarus

Posted:
    Posted:
    Best of luck Mike! ;o
    rsi.jpg
  • AngryPeas

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yarp I backed.
    uM7A6yK.png
  • CrazedHatter

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Hi everyone. Thanks for the positive vibe.

For those of you who would rather not have recurring drafts, I'll also set up a PayPal or Amazon account so you can support the show as you wish. I also use my Square account and can take credit cards, directly, if you prefer.

Best,

Michael

You can bet I'll be backing this!
    There's nothing quite like going through a jump point backwards and on fire.

Star Citizen Hangar: Mustang Omega, Mustang Beta, M50, 350r, Avenger, Herald, Gladius, Gladiator, Vanguard, Redeemer, Constellation Aquila, Banu Merchantman
  • Bookman

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good Luck Mike!
    -Bookman
    SIG.png
  • MystikGypsy

Posted:
    Posted:
    Sweet
  • Comco

Posted:
    Posted:
    I've got to admit, I'm pretty saddened that Mike was not renewed. He's a great talent. Perhaps it was his choice - if so, fair enough. I wish you nothing but success, Mike. I do think it's a shame that you'll be making a show that promotes SC but that you're having to fund it yourself - especially when SC is making such ludicrous (in a great way!) sums of money.

CIG - I'd happily see at least a portion of the costs for the show being paid out of the money I've pledged to you for SC. When you're making more than $1.2 million a month, paying, say 50% ($6000?) of their costs for a show that is by the fans, for the fans is pretty reasonable, I'd say. You could then give it an 'official' vibe and promote it on the site, generating more interest and viewers for Mike, which benefits you.

Sure, you can't do it for everyone, but for a former member of the team and a fan favourite - I'd be happy to get behind that. But that's just my personal opinion. I'd love to see a community poll on this. :)
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    throwing-money.gif
    isz3C20.giflQTsqy2.jpgIdx2F0L.gif
  • Agrue

Posted:
    Posted:
    how do I set a maximum pledge per month please? I can't see an obvious button anywhere (using paypal).
    html>
  • TRON

Posted:
    Edited: by TRON
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

how do I set a maximum pledge per month please? I can't see an obvious button anywhere (using paypal).

@Agrue

http://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=160473&patAmt=1

Type in any amount you like and then Scrolls down and select your reward level. Then hit continue to confirmation.
    isz3C20.giflQTsqy2.jpgIdx2F0L.gif
  • Agrue

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

@Agrue

http://www.patreon.com/bePatron?u=160473&patAmt=1

Type in any amount you like and then Scrolls down and select your reward level. Then hit continue to confirmation.
    This is what I've done, but I was under the impression that I could also set a max. spend per month - say to prevent 5000 videos all coming out at once and making me homeless. I'm built for comfort.
    MPaalman:
    [hide]

@Industrial you can edit your patronage and set a cap the maximum pledge per month :-)

@MPaalman would you be able to shed any light on this option please?
    html>
  • Viewmaster

Posted:
    Posted:
    Once you've chosen the Patreon pledge level, in the next page as I recall, you'll find a field for a monthly cap.

As of this writing, we're at $375 per episode. That's awesome! Thanks to those who have pledged thus far.

For those wanting to support the show on a single-transaction deal, I have a PayPal account you can use, temporarily, until I set up the one for Galactic Inquiry. Just send your PayPal monies to my email address: michael@michael-morlan.net. :-)

Got a busy couple of weeks coming up: wrapping up my work at CIG, planning and shooting Galactic Inquiry, plotting my domination of the 'Verse...

Michael

Galactic Inquiry

• Industrial

Posted:
    Edited: by Industrial
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Any chance of a Galactic Inquiry "Sticky" in both the FAN ART & FICTION and FAN SITES forums with the following information in it? (With it being a show that will have hopefully a big viewership I guess people will want to know how to submit stuff).

1) How and where to Pledge with a) www.patreon.com
    b) PayPal
    c) Amazon
    d) Direct Via Credit Card or Bank transfer

2) What @Viewmaster thinks should be in the show (In-house Content Vs Fan Content) and predicted running time for an episode?
    Maybe talk about a few planned segments and styles?
    (Based around the $1000 an episode budget at first).

3) How Extra content on a channel is handled in addition to the standard weekly show i.e. A Filsmithy presents S.C. Fiction Audio reading videos?

4) Links to the mailing list.

5) An in-game Organization Called "Galactic Inquiry" that is started by @Viewmaster to spread the word in the forums.

6) A Video of Mike saying "F-F-F-F-Fan FEEDBACK..." in the old forum feedback style. :)
    "Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”
    ― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
  • Ravenor

Posted:
    Posted:
    wow! cant wait! I like sock puppets..
    Death to the traitor!
  • Technatorium

Posted:
    Edited: by Technatorium
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

When i see the first episode of Mike's new show, i will pledge my support. And it wont be a one off. I will have a recurring sub if i like it. If it is anything like WMH then i dont see why i wouldnt like it.

Oh what the hell....
    ----
    "Patreon thanks you for supporting creators!
    Oh wow! Thanks for your pledge!

Creating Galactic Inquiry is quite the challenge and thrill. I really appreciate that you believe in the show enough to support it.

See ya soon.

Viewmaster
    ----

Got the Orbital Insertion level. $10.

Same here mouse o/ Specifically "Got the Orbital Insertion level. $10. "
    Hangar Load:
    Scythe, Merchantman, Khartu, Starfarer, M50, Retaliator, Gladiator, Caterpillar, 350r, Super Hornet /w F7A cladding, Aurora LX, Aurora LN, Aurora MR (Mustang sub), Cutlass, Constellation, Avenger
  • Psilox

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yay, Michael, this is exciting! I just watched the last episode of Wingman's Hangar, and was so sad! (Even though there's going to be a cool new community show, nothing can replace you guys :)
  • EagleClaw

Posted:
    Posted:
    Supported. Good luck Mike.
  • eurowarrior

Posted:
    Posted:
    I prefer he not shave his beard
    I love you all. Especially Lavender. He's the best guy out there :)))))
  • Lymarkz

Posted:
    Edited: by Lymarkz
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Is Michael still an employee of RSI since there is no more WMH? If yes, what would he be doing for the development of the game?
    bvcsorF.pngaBIG3k3.png
    >
  • womby

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I've signed up but do you think it would be possible to set up a single monthly payment rather than per video?

As it is currently set up, if Youtube.com fucks up and publishes multiple video's or you have a creative burst that throws up 20 videos in a week then I get hammered at $10 per video even if it is above the normal weekly show. This makes budgeting a bit hard and restricts what you post to the channel to full episodes (Other fun content or shout outs would have to be limited under this set up currently?).

If you set it up like that (A traditional monthly subscription) I think more people would subscribe at a higher level, as handing the internet a blank cheque is always a risk that should be limited [I guess this might just be a personal fear of mine].

Looking forward to seeing this get off the ground :).

You can set up a monthly cap, and you can funnel your payments through PayPal. You can also pull out at any time.
    Seems pretty low risk to me, so I backed it.
    bvcsorF.pngaBIG3k3.png