(Developer Feedback Added) Your Reaction if CIG releases DFM to subscribers first:

• Ap0calyps3

Posted:
    Edited: by Ap0calyps3
    Posted:
    Edited:
    What a terribly biased poll. You should write for wikipedia. I am not a subscriber, but if they get it first, who cares? Subscribers donate more money for token benefits. They pay for Wingmans Hangar and who knows what other content. We all benefit from what the subscribers pay toward, so why would you begrudge them early access?
  • Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Subscribers only, or subscribers that are also backers? In short, your poll bites...

and essentially, don't care.. I just want CIG to get started getting it out.

I don't think non-backers will get to play DFM...I mean, you have to have access to the game to play it, right? Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Auroras_Low.gif
  • womby

Posted:
    Posted:
    Alphabetical order, starting with Albania and ending with United States of America.
    bvcsorF.pngaBIG3k3.png

• Ban-Danna

Posted:
    Posted:
    With all the latest added subscriber benefits, the most recent wingman's hangar, and the likely early release of the DFM to subscribers, I really get the feeling that CIG are trying to increase their subscriber base.

I for one support subscription, but understand that there are some who can not afford it.
  • Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Alphabetical order, starting with Albania and ending with United States of America.

You have forgotten about Zambia.

Auroras_Low.gif
  • Glitterboy

Posted:
    Posted:
    It's already been revealed that it will be based on Citizen Number, and has nothing to do with being a Subscriber.
  • GaiusBaltar

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    It's all well and good but, I have not even heard anyone getting into the DFM. And how long is the wait between each group?
  • Ergo_the_magnificent

Posted:
    Posted:
    I don't really care. It shouldn't take long for everyone to get it.

But I do feel that the release should go by date pledged. Like people standing in line.

Lines have worked for centuries and still do. It's fair. Show up first, get in first. But I digress. The choice is CIG's and CIG's alone.
    idiocracy-banner.jpg?w=1000&h=288&crop=1
  • Trapjaw

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Biased poll is biased.

I will read it, say 'meh' and go back to playing Wildstar while I wait. Patiently. Without complaining.

Because I'm not a big baby.

[hide]

Because I'm not a big baby.

[hide]

big baby.

QFT.

• Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

It's all well and good but, I have not even heard anyone getting into the DFM. And how long is the wait between each group?

Is that what your reaction would be?

Also, if not, you should know they haven't confirmed anything yet and only CIG employees have access atm as far as I know.

Auroras_Low.gif
  • Gatlank

Posted:
    Edited: by Gatlank
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Gaius Baltar will have my vote if that happens.
  • Athrawes

Posted:
    Posted:
    This topic is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT unless you own a Hornet.

I will not give a F until my Connie is available in the DFM.
    avH947b.png
  • Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

This topic is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT unless you own a Hornet.

I will not give a F until my Connie is available in the DFM.

In other words, you think other people's thoughts and ideas are irrelevant unless and until you get what you want?

Auroras_Low.gif
  • Alfred_VonGunn

Posted:
    Posted:
    | Mocker said:
    [hide]

It's already been revealed that it will be based on Citizen Number, and has nothing to do with being a Subscriber.

Hmm well I am almost in the first 100k:)

507th photo pnoRRlY_zpsefe7bdca.png

• Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Posted:
    | Mocker said:
    [hide]

Source?

Auroras_Low.gif
  • Glitterboy

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

| Mocker said:
    [hide]

Source?
    Sandi I think. You'd have to go back and have a look through some stuff. Can't even recall where and when, but I have a memory for specifics, so I'm about 100% sure that's the case.
  • Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Edited: by Asuka_Rei
    Posted:
    Edited:
    | Mocker said:
    [hide]

[hide]

| Mocker said:
    [hide]

Source?
    Sandi I think. You'd have to go back and have a look through some stuff. Can't even recall where and when, but I have a memory for specifics, so I'm about 100% sure that's the case.
    Must have been recent, if true. Just a couple of weeks ago, on Wingman's Hangar, Wingman said nothing had been confirmed, but they were thinking about letting subscribers in first.

Auroras_Low.gif
  • Harrysun

Posted:
    Posted:
    Not much for all the silly polls ........ so I'll skip that part.

My reaction to subscribers getting into the DFM first would be shear elation. Not because I'm a subscriber, as I'm not, but only to see the forums fill up with whining and tears. Anymore I kinda enjoy reading the special snowflakes crying like little girls on these forums. It quite simply is hilarious ..... It makes me wonder the type of lives these people lead. Do they act that way IRL. Do they plop down on their asses and kick their feet in front of people they know? Hilarious ....
  • Kristoph_McKane

Posted:
    Posted:
    First come, first served is always the fairest way. Second to that might be according to the total amount someone has donated to CIG. Anything other than that, like Subscribers first, will be unfair and rightly criticized.
  • RoadkillStew

Posted:
    Edited: by RoadkillStew
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

Subscribers only, or subscribers that are also backers? In short, your poll bites...

I don't think non-backers will get to play DFM...I mean, you have to have access to the game to play it, right? Maybe I don't understand what you are trying to say.

I merely addressed an inadequacy within your post/poll... I think there are a plethora of factors to consider, and that in this case/situation it's best to sit down and shutup and let CIG do what they need to.

I think this thread/poll serves no redeemable purpose but to create more angst, chaos and dissension.
  • razgriz_1

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Biased poll is biased.

This. The only thing I have to say is fix it, it's just my advice but it makes you look kinda immature.
  • SeventySix

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    [hide]

I am a subscriber and original backer. I think that it should go by Citizen number only.

This is exactly how it should be.... first in best dressed, not first to the guys with cash to throw around.
  • Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

I merely addressed an inadequacy within your post/poll... I think there are a plethora of factors to consider, and that in this case/situation it's best to sit down and shutup and let CIG do what they need to.

I think this thread/poll serves no redeemable purpose but to create more angst, chaos and dissension.
    So you don't think a forum is a good place to discuss things within the community?

Auroras_Low.gif
  • Dom_W

Posted:
    Posted:
    I've been waiting months

I think I can wait one week more after subscribers get it
    They'll be videos all over YouTube, twitch live streams
    Wildstar is in open beta atm for the next ten days too
    There's always ESO as well

I can handle it
    html>
  • Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

Biased poll is biased.

This. The only thing I have to say is fix it, it's just my advice but it makes you look kinda immature.
    Eh, maybe it is biased, but I don't see that as a problem if the purpose is to increase discussion and to bring attention to a potential community issue. Also, once a poll is created, it cannot be changed so your advice is unworkable.

Auroras_Low.gif
  • wcloaf

Developer

Posted:
    Posted:
    Multiplayer access to the DFM will be based on Citizen Number, not subscription status, amount pledged or anything like that.
  • Asuka_Rei

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Multiplayer access to the DFM will be based on Citizen Number, not subscription status, amount pledged or anything like that.

Thanks for the confirmation. I really appreciate the feedback. Does this mean that single player mode will be accessible to all at the beginning?

Auroras_Low.gif
  • Ourovoros

Posted:
    Posted:
    good question!

35347yx.jpg
  • ride-the-spiral

Posted:
    Edited: by ride-the-spiral
    Posted:
    Edited:
    ...Sometimes I feel like open development has, in part, become a cash grab and that access is being monetized to cover game costs... think about it.... As soon as development ends we have a game for which the only revenue to keep the servers running and the updates coming is new players and a credit store (remember this isn't pay to win, right?) but during development...?...

During development there is a constant stream of marketing feeding an overwhelming anticipation. There is a captive audience glued to the channel waiting for the next update, itching to play, throwing money around for the chance to fly whatever ship before everyone else. Already immersing themselves in the verse any way they can, with shirts and patches and full color art books. Lining up money in hand to be first in the cockpit for Arena Commander. Organizations and players are in cold war, spending more and more on ships to compete with each other before the game even begins. It's not play to win (though maybe it is pre-pay to win), it's not an MMO subscription model... but rather it is the digital equivalent of Disney Fastpass™.

They are going to try and up sell you for the next two years straight and it is the communities impatience that is the force that drives profit/funding and in a strange way I feel like it's almost encouraging CIG to spend more time on development, to expand scope and to delay dates, just like Fastpass™ encourages Disney to keep a nice long line for the plebs.

...Personally I think it's pretty darn brilliant, it shifts costs onto the whales without sacrificing the game itself and I hope that the strategy pays off and allows for a game that really isn't pay to win but that is still successful and profitable...but there is a tipping point for me where it's no longer about offering subscribers special services that the rest aren't interested in and more about trying to convert everyone into subscribers and on the other other side of that precipice lurks the kind of slimy crap that you see from the publishers with their early betas for pre-orders (of crap games), in game collectors items, exclusive DLC and vendor exclusive perks and gear.

Strike that, based on Ben's post this post is no longer relevant nor warranted. Good choice CIG.
    "My God, it's full of stars."
  • Kristoph_McKane

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

As it should be. Thanks for the confirmation.