Team Troyka

• Caedo

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

...what's in question here is his ability to build to specification and to deliver a polished product on time, and his team's ability to extend Karanak's modelling work to a fully functional animated and rigged CryEngine implementation.

[hide]

The design still does not demonstrate that it meets the base specifications at all and I see no evidence of it being trimmed in any dimension from the stated size of being a Connie equivalent. We do not yet have any idea of the actual class 5 turret, class 4 or class 3 implementations; we have not seen any 3-d animation rigging for the thrusters; we do not have any evidence of interior blockout. Right now the design is at approximately the same stage as the other competitors reached during the initial concept phase, only still less complete.

Excuse me, but did I miss something? Since when has Troyka's adherence to the given specifications been called into question? There's a class 4 turret under the cockpit, two class 5 turrets on the sides, gimballed thruster pairs (two pairs being bigger than the other two pairs), and class 3 hardpoints can be stored internally (similar manner to Shard's Boomslang).

Timing and workflow that is conducive to entertainment media have been concerns from the onset, but never meeting the gunship design specs.

5BSMcY8.png
  • CaptRandom

Posted:
    Posted:
    Not that anyone cares what I think, but I do like the latest images of the design more than previously. The detail work on the hull and the slight edge trimming down to cut away some of the blocky V make it more appealing. I honestly get a Star Wars kind of feel from it now. Previous criticisms intact, it looks better.
  • Risca

Posted:
    Posted:
    I felt compelled to leave a comment after watching all the Next Great Starship submissions. Someone in a studio needs to give Alexey "Karanak" Pyatov a job, his work is clearly outstanding.
    He should be doing this full time, absolutely breathtaking concept artwork.
  • DesiRC

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

...what's in question here is his ability to build to specification and to deliver a polished product on time, and his team's ability to extend Karanak's modelling work to a fully functional animated and rigged CryEngine implementation.

[hide]

The design still does not demonstrate that it meets the base specifications at all and I see no evidence of it being trimmed in any dimension from the stated size of being a Connie equivalent. We do not yet have any idea of the actual class 5 turret, class 4 or class 3 implementations; we have not seen any 3-d animation rigging for the thrusters; we do not have any evidence of interior blockout. Right now the design is at approximately the same stage as the other competitors reached during the initial concept phase, only still less complete.

Excuse me, but did I miss something? Since when has Troyka's adherence to the given specifications been called into question? There's a class 4 turret under the cockpit, two class 5 turrets on the sides, gimballed thruster pairs (two pairs being bigger than the other two pairs), and class 3 hardpoints can be stored internally (similar manner to Shard's Boomslang).
    There's a Class 4 turret under the cockpit with a single giant gun, in direct contravention of the specifications which state that the Class 4 turret should have two Size 3 guns. The Class 3 and Class 5 mounts for Troyka's design are broadly laid out in their concept drawings, but their actual implementation remains unknown.

• sanctus_Paulus

Posted:
    Edited: by sanctus_Paulus
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

There's a Class 4 turret under the cockpit with a single giant gun, in direct contravention of the specifications which state that the Class 4 turret should have two Size 3 guns. The Class 3 and Class 5 mounts for Troyka's design are broadly laid out in their concept drawings, but their actual implementation remains unknown.

There are no guns so far. None (:
    No more space planes WIP
  • Sunhawk2

Posted:
    Posted:
    st_Paulus_81:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

There are no guns on the Troyka images so far. None (:
    There is a large, visually turret mounted, gun-like structure mounted where in their initial crude block-outs they stated the Class 4 would be mounted.
  • sanctus_Paulus

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

st_Paulus_81:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

There are no guns on the Troyka images so far. None (:
    There is a large, visually turret mounted, gun-like structure mounted where in their initial crude block-outs they stated the Class 4 would be mounted.
    Actual turret will be placed under this antenna.
    No more space planes WIP
  • Caedo

Posted:
    Posted:
    There's nothing "broadly laid out" about the manned turrets. We know exactly where they will be. The one, and only one, possible lack of adherence to the specs is the Class 3 mounts. As these can be tucked under the wings or stored internally, this is a nonissue.

5BSMcY8.png
  • Aegiss

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Yeaaaah.... that's not a gun. And the mockup never denoted it as a gun. I'd reference Taranak's bomber as to what he likes to put on the nose of his craft....

• ZET

Posted:
    Edited: by ZET
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

Yeaaaah.... that's not a gun. And the mockup never denoted it as a gun. I'd reference Taranak's bomber as to what he likes to put on the nose of his craft....

You mean Karanak's bomber, is that right Degis?

- best regards, Wet.
  • TemplarK

Posted:
    Posted:
    ZET | ZET said:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

- best regards, Wet.
    I see what you did there:)
    ejFixuE.png
  • X71

Posted:
    Posted:
    I love the detail work of Karanak, but I can't get past this design being a freighter.

Mind you it could be as cool as the Melinium Falcon.
    XDMYeD_zps6qpjjzma.png
  • TATNorth

Posted:
    Posted:
    CoderX71:
    [hide]

That's 1st place coolness right there. We're talking off the charts coolness factor. :)

vin34hk.png
  • Aegiss

Posted:
    Posted:
    ZET | ZET said:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

- best regards, Wet.
    LOL yeah oops, *TYPO*
  • Liudeius

Posted:
    Edited: by Liudeius
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Wow, this is starting to look good.
    In the concept video, it was just a rhombohedron and little more, but now with all this detail it's looking pretty cool.
    You guys have great vision.
    eB0YiaO.png
  • zerkerz

Posted:
    Posted:
    Love that weapon!
    post-2843-0-51071100-1403890984.png
  • Aegiss

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Love that weapon!

Except that it's an antenna......
  • Scarish

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Love that weapon!

I guess he meant the first post of this thread.
    "Speed is your life - Avenger is your choice" (c) me
    wyw7.jpg
  • Aegiss

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Love that weapon!

I guess he meant the first post of this thread.
    Hehe yeah could be....
  • Cooperblack

Posted:
    Edited: by Cooperblack
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I can't stop wondering how that front antanae would look on top the pilot cockpit instead of under it.
  • powerpointranger

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well, this was long overdue, but better late than never.
    CIG permitted us to show off a bit, so here we go:

bb1eeeI.jpg

76p7jMB.jpg

MAYMSxr.jpg

9IFRls3.jpg

nptZEft.jpg
    jPYQisC.png

Beatings will continue until morale improves.

• Gerwindle

Posted:
    Edited: by Gerwindle
    Posted:
    Edited:
    it's beautiful.

I love the turret design. What are the firing arcs like?

The antennae fold up. are they just landing lights to mark the ship's space needed?
  • ZET

Posted:
    Posted:
    OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!

7782b99e033f1f6314b68a823d80f8a6e285e0e1
  • powerpointranger

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

it's beautiful.

Innit, m8.

I love the turret design.

The turrets are okay, comrade.

What are the firing arcs like?

Don't have the scheme on the hands, sorry. Basically, the biggest blind spot is out there in the tail section, and even then, thanks to the gun mounts - it's not as big as you might think it is.

The antennae fold up. are they just landing lights to mark the ship's space needed?

Well, technically, there's a full sensor suite hidden in them, but yeah, they do fold in combat situations and during landings.
    CoderX71:
    [hide]

I love the detail work of Karanak, but I can't get past this design being a freighter.

Well, we did say we were going for AC-130 vibe, and we did just that. Now, the thing is, the only notable difference between AC-130 and a transport plane is precisely one letter and a bunch of armament on board.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_C-130_Hercules

jPYQisC.png

• solothores

Posted:
    Edited: by solothores
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Love it, looks great, are you already working out the internals? And how is the cryengine integration getting along?
  • Amedeus22

Posted:
    Posted:
    Not a fan of the big antenna on the front of the ship, pilots turret looks like it only has one gun?
    How do people get in and out of the ship? Where do you load cargo, drop troops off from, does it have a docking port?
    Can we get a scale size in comparison to other ships or planes?
    Imperium Recruitment
  • Vinland

Posted:
    Posted:
    That looks really cool. Hands down!
  • ZET

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

How do people get in and out of the ship?

I think from here.

AAkoiio.jpg

• powerpointranger

Posted:
    Posted:
    ZET | ZET said:
    [hide]

[hide]

How do people get in and out of the ship?

I think from here.

AAkoiio.jpg

Pretty much that. Plus evac hatches on the cockpit.

http://i.imgur.com/zDBJnQy.jpg
    [hide]

Love it, looks great, are you already working out the internals? And how is the cryengine integration getting along?

More on that soon. And we are getting along quite nicely, I even shake hands with it every other morning.
    [hide]

Can we get a scale size in comparison to other ships or planes?

zDBJnQy.jpg
    jPYQisC.png

• Selinn

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

zDBJnQy.jpg

And the same dude hiding in the cockpit