Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wingman's hangar episode 50 - the anniversary edition!

• Krishach

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi wingman, thanks for answering my previous question. I had one more

Question on maneuvering:

While I understand the system supports the fly-by-wire, ships in space could conceivably move in the 6-axis direction without reorienting it's nose. The ability to side-step, as it were, with the quickness determined by your maneuvering thrusters. This may be more pertinent to the Khartu than any ship, with it's massive thruster arrays presumably being able to bring a large amount of thrust force to different degrees of access.

How is CIG planning to implement controls for such movement, especially in the direction of a joystick or control pad?

Thanks in advance,

Krishach (Kris-shak)
    “It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” ~ Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • Mr_Ghostshadow

Posted:
    Posted:
    Dear wingman,

1) When can we expect to see the rest of the ship in are hangers? like;
    the Cutlass, Starfarer, Banu merchantman or a status update on these ships?

2) Some pilots might want to be traders but would also like to do SQ42 is there anyway they can do that without any negative effects on standings or will they need to make a second character for that?
  • Ramesses

Posted:
    Posted:
    I have one for The Chairman or Eric.

I have played games where I would walk into say, a bar... I see Players and NPCs doing their thing, like hanging out, drinking, conversing. When I return, I see the same NPCs, doing the same thing they were doing the first time I entered (a'la SWG/SWTOR, etc.). Will this be the norm in the PU? Or will there be different patrons coming and going from the bar. If it's on a larger ship (Bengal), will I see the same NPCs doing the same thing every time I am on board? (for instance, the NPC who salutes you as you enter the bridge...or the NPC checking his watch every few seconds.)

Many thanks and Happy Holidays!
    I believe that forgiving my enemy is God's function. My job is simply to arrange the meeting.
  • Ogi_the_Great

Posted:
    Posted:
    (Ogi - OH-gi)

Three questions:

1. What was your most favorite question submitted to WMH?

2. What question caused the most significant development change?

3. Can CIG release the music that was featured in the Aurora commercial?
    ogi.png
  • Monk

Posted:
    Posted:
    Can a ship use its secondary/maneuvering thrusters to "slide" sideways from a standstill, effectively allowing it to strafe? If not, why?
    4MpVQN1.gif
  • Purusha

Posted:
    Edited: by Purusha
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Hi,

Is Photogrammetry something you thought about using for enviroment/props?

Circumstances Don't Matter, Only State of Being Matters.
  • WingMan

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Dear wingman,

1) When can we expect to see the rest of the ship in are hangers? like;
    the Cutlass, Starfarer, Banu merchantman or a status update on these ships?

This one is easy - when they are done !

But uh...one of them might be really soon.

WM
    Bringing DESCENT back baby!

www.descendentstudios.com

• Space-Junky

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi Wingman,

In death of a spaceman we're told we may need biotic implants when we are badly injured , e.g. arms, eyes, organs... My question is, will the quality of these items be determined by the region of space in which we are injured? Would we get nasty second hand parts if injured on Spider?
    Last man Flying Wins!
  • wingtip

Posted:
    Posted:
    QUESTION 1
    With the confirmed 32million stretch goal Aegis Surveyor in our shipyards now...and its description saying "the Surveyor is an ideal ship for taking advantage of deep space wrecks." Will that mean that EVERY citizen that has his/her ship blown to bits will remain floating in space for a certain period of time for us traveling junkyards to enjoy? Or, will there just be "x" amount of wreck sites that randomly get generated or spawn...?

QUESTION 2
    will clans/guilds/groups/organizations be able to store and keep ship upgrades/weapons etc in a central facility for sharing among fellow members much like in star trek online where you can have a group bank account and ships and upgrades/equipment?

QUESTION 3
    Will gravity be at a constant in the entire verse or will it vary from planet to planet? Obviously the gravity on earth is much different than the gravity on our own moon.... going to some planets it may be so great that as humans we couldnt even stand up or even survive... Will this be reflected in game and if so what is the method of acquiring the specific gravity.. just a indicator on our ship hud, a suit/helmet hud, wrist watch type life support device monitor??????
    I7 4770K HASWELL @ 4.2GHZ
    G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400
    ASUS|MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA1150 R MB
    CPU COOLING NOCTUA | NH-U12S PWM R in push/pull
    EVGA GTX770/2GB VRAM
  • RVB

Posted:
    Edited: by RVB
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Greeting Wingman! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Any Idea what the Size/Capacity/Weapons/Role will be for the ANVIL CARRACK?
    ...and How far along is the C.O. MUSTANG?

-THANKS
  • Tsunamisan

Posted:
    Posted:
    Salute Wingmen

My question is in regard to the Super Hornet F7C-M. I would like to know if the top ball turret and Bottom Canard turrets can be turned to strafe at 45 degrees to the side when passing a larger ship?
    XPLOR JACK OF ALL TRADES
  • Gilly

Posted:
    Posted:
    Greetings Wingman,

Can you show us what the Tevarin or Kr'Thak Look like? And maybe some ship styles?

Thanks!
    "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change." --Stephen Hawkings

Shipyard:
    1x Origin 315p
    1x Drake Interplanetary Cutlass
    1x Aegis Reclaimer
  • Mikcoon

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hello Wingman,

In regards to the economy, assuming there will be an auction house or equivalent system, what will be in place to prevent someone from having a monopoly on all the goods? I know from other MMOs it seems there is always 1 or 2 people that seem to own 90% of all the items posted. I'm all for a free economy, but I know it can be frustrating trying to make a profit when one person can control the prices on anything you want to sell.
  • FinnSinclair

Posted:
    Posted:
    Wondering if we get rid of forum feedback, can we have 20 from the chairman?

Fly safe all...
    I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?
  • Gray_Lobo

Posted:
    Posted:

happy holidays wingman! and everyone els who lives on Terra!
    The first casualtie in a battle... is always the plan.
    Constellation Phoenix - Wolf's Jaw, 890Jump - , Retaliator - Emperor's Sarendipity, Starferer - Murica!, Hornet F7A-M- Tovartch, Freelancer MISC - Caldari Pride , Banu Merchantman - Jet Black,Carrack
  • Gray_Lobo

Posted:
    Posted:

I also ment to ask if there even be mobile homes. and FYI that trailer will be halled to a yet unknown truck stop somewhere in the us and set up and will be a place of worship someday soon. that's kinda there headquarters I stumbled upon while stopped one night. immagind my surprise. it looks match better deployed as a chapplr and will have its own big red glowing cross when its set up.
    The first casualtie in a battle... is always the plan.
    Constellation Phoenix - Wolf's Jaw, 890Jump - , Retaliator - Emperor's Sarendipity, Starferer - Murica!, Hornet F7A-M- Tovartch, Freelancer MISC - Caldari Pride , Banu Merchantman - Jet Black,Carrack
  • WingMan

Posted:
    Posted:
    Gang episode shot and in the can, questions picked.

WM
    Bringing DESCENT back baby!

www.descendentstudios.com

• vectorplotter

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well I hope LAMP made an appearance or we may have to riot :)
    Auctus per commercia.
    CPE
  • Tiger-Heart

Posted:
    Posted:
    Howdy Wingman...

In the DFM there will be a matching system where ships are rated with points, like Chris was saying in his latest 10 from the chairman.

My question is say someone takes all their best guns and puts them on an Aurora, will that make that Aurora be worth more points then say a stock Aurora or is it just going to be based on ship type for the first release?

By the way I love your show and since I joined SC towards the end of November I have been catching up and watching all the older episodes.
    >
  • BillySundown

Posted:
    Posted:
    (Pronounced: b-ill-ee s-un-d-ow-n)

The current space sim that is holding me over till you guys release yours is one called Space Station 13. You, along with a number of other players, are responsible for managing the orbital mining and research station as employees for the corporation.

The game is seemingly quite basic, but has a lot of depth and detail given to the players capabilities and the multitude of options you are given to play within and outside the job or role you have chosen.

What I mean to ask though, seeing as how you guys are continually adding features (Even if just planned in the far future to be added) that originally you had decided against including at all. (The ability to fly full orbit in atmosphere around a planet for example, something I heard you guys say you would like to eventually add, though a massive undertaking to be done way further down the line.)

Would you consider adding more depth to other aspects of the game? Things like swimming in a fully aquatic planet or just at the beach of an oceanic one, and more related to why I love Space Station 13, the ability to truly run your guild like a business with key carded doors for different levels of employment, expansive job choices and nearly everything else that makes ST13 such a tight game.

Many consider me as The Butt of the Joke
    html>

• Krishach

Posted:
    Edited: by Krishach
    Posted:
    Edited:
    one more i'm afraid:

is there a plan to continue to create pledgable variants for all ships pledged for? Can you confirm any pledge-ships that will not have variants?

Thanks in advance;

Krishach (Kris-shak)
    “It is difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet” ~ Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
  • Stark38

Posted:
    Posted:
    Stark -
    As an avid Kerbal Space Program player, I cannot help but wonder, how will orbital mechanics work in relation to the flight model?
  • GEAL1

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi Wingman

Myself and a lot of others are looking at buying Joysticks soon solely for Star Citizen, could you maybe give us some more information on the proposed dedicated RSI Joystick before we all go out and grab expensive H.O.T.A.S sticks for Christmas?
    Fdp3F2y.png
  • IMWeasel

Posted:
    Posted:
    BEST PARTY EVER WOOOOOOO!
    1159922.jpg

• Schwarz

Posted:
    Posted:
    Will Planets Orbit? E.g. WIll the route and distance you have to take will traveling in system change over time?
    Also while where on the topic of orbiting, how realistic will you implement planetary gravity? Will you conpletly ignore it or have your flight computer fire retrorockets to keep your ship from falling to the planet if you are moving to slow for your current orbital plane?
  • The_Judge

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi Wingman, and Merry Christmas to you guys!

I am wondering how diversified spaceships will be in the game. On the UEE side, will we just see NPC's flying Auroras, 300i's, Hornets and their variants / other ships that we already know of, or are you planning to make several other NPC ships models populating the universe at launch? I would very much like to see as much diversification as possible, with many different ship models (just like cars in real life - you see much more than just 10-15 models, there is literally hundreds of them), even if it means only some of them would be "flyable" by players at the begining. This could be also achieved by making different models of the same ship (i.e. Constellation Mk I, Constellation Mk II, etc), which could be easier to create time and ressource wise.

Thanks!
  • Lieucen

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi guys,

If I am not totally in love with a ship I pledged for and rarely fly it after the game goes live, can I decide to gift it to a friend or melt it down for credits in game to buy a new ship or weapons and upgrades for the ship I do love to fly?

Also, correct me if I am wrong but I believe I read somewhere that we can own and operate factories and such in the verse. If we have npc characters working there do we need to pay them wages and if so can they also be a wingman or additional crew on larger ships due to the fact they are under our employ.

I think It would be a real cool idea to have npc characters that you can rely on in the game when your friends aren't online to assist you in your adventures.

Thank you for your time,
    Lieucen (Lu-shen)
    ~Lieucen~
  • disco

Posted:
    Posted:
    Will Star Citizen support voice recognition/voice commandos to make the HUD more accessible and easier to use?
    See what The FAMILY is all about:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/PORTFOLIO
  • IdleBystander

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

heres a old video from last years 0.jpg

Thanks, but those older videos are precisely why I'm asking. CR has stated that a lot of gameplay elements including flight model will be made more concrete in the course of the dogfighting module. I was hoping what we see in this video was only a placeholder for the weaponry and not actually what we'll ultimately be playing with. Even leaving aside the non-laser-like properties of the weapons shown, the projectiles are far too slow. I mean, isn't anybody else bothered by the prospect of communications or sensor lasers moving at the speed of light but weapon "lasers" chugging along slower than a speeding bullet?

Anywho, my main point is that I'd like to see some realistic lasers in the dogfighting module. If they turn out to be for some reason unplayable, then simply rename them plasma casters and give us some handwavium excuse in fiction about why lasers aren't weaponized (e.g. shields deflect them like a joke) and I'll shut up.
    I am going to pretend this game and MechWarrior Online will somehow merge. Please allow me to persist in my delusion.
  • NinjaKnightGB

Posted:
    Posted:
    If your ship is being boarded will you be able to sneak past the invaders and steal their ship. And set yours on self destruct!!
    Avenger, Cutlass Black -- No more ships!