Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Southern Cross Alliance - AU/NZ Community Trade and Exploration

Stelith

Posted:
Edited: by Stelith
Posted: -
Welcome to
-Southern Cross Alliance-
Official RSI Forum Recruitment Thread

SCA-Cover.jpg

Southern Cross Alliance is a community oriented exploration & trade corp headquartered on reddit at /r/starcitizenaustralia for Australian, New Zealander, Indonesian, and other oceanic players. Heck, we don't care where you are as long as you're vaugley in our timezone.
So yes, even Tasmanians.

The community has been designed to ensure that all members have a chance to participate in the running of the organisation equally and evenly and it's up to you as to how active you want to be. We have leaders, but they are open to all suggestions and criticisms and all members will have a chance to participate in leadership roles.

Our strong membership base of 180+ citizens is growing everyday and commands a large, diverse, fleet which will be traversing the stars while the rest of the world sleeps. While we encourage trade and exploration we're not necessarily against any other... 'economic routes' you may want to travel regardless of their... uh, legality. Diverse assets! (that sounds like we know what we're doing! Hurrah!)

With the news that we will be getting Australian servers sooner than later, we plan on being a force in these areas and we want you to be a part of it. So pull up a seat, grab a beer, spread your vegemite, bring your chilly bin, and join the Alliance today!

Reddit Mods: GentlemanJ & Morokai
ReddFaction Representative*: Pandemonium

Full Players listing on google docs. Enter your info here.

Click either our wonderful graphic courtesy of /u/iClunk or this link
to head to our subreddit and join our community!

Or go to our organization page at: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/SCA

*the Southern Cross Alliance has a loose association with /r/eddfaction. we likely will not be a part of many (if any) reddfaction conflicts. the exact rf/sca dynamic is being fleshed out. he's also the closest we really have to a leader as it stands.
and as for me? i'm just the unnofficial pr guy for some reason
  • fiziklgrfiti

Posted:
    Posted:
    AU + exploration = "Primary goal: To search the verse for the missing NBN. Long has it been promised to the people of AU, that they would surf the Internets at light speed. Even in our year 1337 A.CR, we are yet to locate or source any valid leads on the missing NBN."

On that note, I'm off to the ideas forum to ask about time lines (AD, BC or has it changed?)
    pronounced Physical Graffiti
  • Stelith

Posted:
    Posted:
    Mildly intimidating answer. Pretty sure they're AD.
  • Pelenor

Posted:
    Posted:
    Color me Interested
  • Rhone

Posted:
    Posted:
    Friendly bump, you guys are awesome
    "Great empires are not maintained by timidity"
  • Rosher

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi guys, where is the recruitment thread!
    Oh and im Based in Brisbane,
    Thanks
    Medallion%20Back.pngl3iOmuA.png
  • Deadman76

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good to see another Aus/NZ mob :)
    [hide]

AU + exploration = "Primary goal: To search the verse for the missing NBN. Long has it been promised to the people of AU, that they would surf the Internets at light speed. Even in our year 1337 A.CR, we are yet to locate or source any valid leads on the missing NBN."

On that note, I'm off to the ideas forum to ask about time lines (AD, BC or has it changed?)

Hah!
    Adam_Signature.png

• Stelith

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Hi guys, where is the recruitment thread!
    Oh and im Based in Brisbane,
    Thanks

This is technically it. We're based on a subreddit, and there's a signup form in the sidebar. You can make a text post in the sub if you have any questions.
  • spacenut

Posted:
    Posted:
    im in have been for ages :)
    Vice Admiral - Constellation...
    Aurora, 300i, Hornet, Freelancer, Avenger,
    Aurora LN upgrade, 325a Upgrade, F7C-M Super Hornet Upgrade **
    Skins.. Explorer, Military, You Got Our Backs **
    Subscriber.. Centurion.. Joined 12/10/12
  • Citizen404

Posted:
    Posted:
    Friendly bump from TEST :)
    TEST

• Rhone

Posted:
    Posted:
    Friend Bump!
    "Great empires are not maintained by timidity"
  • Palacios

Posted:
    Posted:
    Friendlier bump!
    gvUEq0i.png
  • Stelith

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yknow, I forget we have this.
  • Palacios

Posted:
    Posted:
    Is this a Redwall... I think it is
    gvUEq0i.png
  • GentlemanJez

Posted:
    Posted:
    You know, I think it's time we have an update. I'll talk to you about it soon Stel.
    QIeKVZg.png
  • GentlemanJez

Posted:
    Posted:
    Bump and checking if sig works....
    QIeKVZg.png
  • GentlemanJez

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yo Stel, we might need to update the sig too...add in /r/southerncrossalliance
    QIeKVZg.png
  • Algared

Posted:
    Posted:
    Southern Cross Alliance or Meridionali Crucis Amicitia a great group for those within Oceania.
    QIeKVZg.png
  • Algared

Posted:
    Posted:
    November, November a month to remember
    The glorious 20th, so close is close to December
    Remember our founding, the 20th November

Yep, that's right the SCA was founded on the 20th November 2943
    Celebrations are being planned if you are are looking for an Org, why not join us.

QIeKVZg.png
  • Algared

Posted:
    Posted:
    We are still recruiting members.

With the release of 0.9 you can expect to see a plethora of friend matches/races from within our ranks.
    QIeKVZg.png
  • tynew

Posted:
    Posted:
    We are one of the largest Australian Organizations. A very good one at that because of the non-strict nature :) I encourage anyone who is sitting on the fence to join!
  • Wedge_B5

Posted:
    Posted:
    We also have pavlova Tuesdays. Join us or die.... does that sound a little menacing? do you think I should turn it down a little?
    QIeKVZg.png
  • Algared

Posted:
    Posted:
    Not to mention we do have a team speak channel and Friday night games night..
    QIeKVZg.png
  • Wedge_B5

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yep sig works :)
    QIeKVZg.png
  • Cpt_Reaper0232

Posted:
    Posted:
    We have a flagship now. ALL OF THE HYPE!
    QIeKVZg.png
  • Daltrain10

Posted:
    Edited: by Daltrain10
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I've been in the SCA for a while now but I thought I should just say hi over here!

I'm Michael, go by Daltrain in-game, and I currently have an Aurora LX and a Drake Cutlass Blue gracing my hangar-bay. While I intend to use the Aurora to get my feet wet when the game launches, my main plan is to take my Cutlass, strip out the prisoner cells and replace them with a Med-Bay similar to the one found in the Cutlass Red. By doing this, I aim to create a more heavily armed and armoured Medivac than the Red's lack of hardpoints allows, so that I'm better able to rescue ejected/stranded SCA members during clan battles, pirate raids and Vanduul swarms!

Given our shared nationalities I think it's only fitting to name this vessel the SCA Flying Doctor. So if you ever find your vessel crippled and left for dead, send out a distress beacon and listen out for the Ride of the Valkyries to come playing in over your intercom (hopefully the final game lets me do this!).
    QIeKVZg.png
  • GentlemanJez

Posted:
    Posted:
    Daltrain, that's an awesome idea! Love the name too. And welcome, pop into the subreddit if you can!
    QIeKVZg.png
  • GentlemanJez

Posted:
    Posted:
    QIeKVZg.png
  • Daltrain10

Posted:
    Posted:
    Question 1: How do I get your awesome signature?!
    QIeKVZg.png
  • GentlemanJez

Posted:
    Posted:
    Answer one: Have a look here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizenaustralia/comments/1oyrbd/our_reddfaction_representative_requested_a/ccxqtg3

Don't get too attached to it, it's being updated!
    QIeKVZg.png
  • Algared

Posted:
    Edited: by Algared
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Hey, guys don't forget Friday night is always Games night at SCA.

Join us on TS as he laugh at the inept fly the racing course or get hammered in AC (the inept are usually laughing hardest).

Play other games or just chill and talk BS as we relax.

TS details can be found in the SCA chat or the link @ /r/southerncrossalliance
    or try this for the friday night games link.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/southerncrossalliance/comments/2o3e58/friday_night_games_0512/

Join up and have some oceanic fun every Friday 7pmi AEST til- very late
    QIeKVZg.png