Invading Vanduul Space at the end of the Beta: Operation Pitchfork

sailor67

Posted:
Edited: by sailor67
Posted: -
Hi

This is a wall of Text:

TL;DR

Let's organize the entire player base to invade the Vanduul systems at the end of the beta. We have nothing to lose. Let's do something stupidly glorious (Yes we would all probably die), and heck CIG just might let us keep them.. :-)

We have our own website thanks to Xeriar and Facebook page thanks to Benjamin the Rogue
www.operationpitchfork.com

Facebook

4SszpWN.jpg

First reality check given the number of NPC's in the game, our chances of pulling it off are almost 0, so we would all die doing it.

OK that out the way, some detail

A while back there was a thread, about this same topic but instead of the Vanduul it was the UEE. There is a problem with this, most of the law and order Orgs would side with the UEE and so you would never get a consensus of players. Where as the Vanduul are enemies to all humans. So both lawful and pirate aligned clans could get behind the idea of attacking the Vanduul, much easier to build a consensus against a common enemy

The last word I have heard is CIG is not planning a wipe after the beta so lets do something that is epic that can change the lore of the game

The Vanduul in my opinion are one of CIG's tools for keeping control of the game and to keep any organized player group from negatively impacting the game. If a player group becomes too obnoxious "hello Mr Vanduul Fleet". The Vanduul as far as we know, are outside the dynamic economy so can be whistled up at need. This leads to some fun implications

CR has said he wants the player base to help write the SC story, but it also obvious that we are not intended to drive it. A huge group (i.e.most) of players invading an area that is not part of the economy and would not threaten any planed story arcs, writes the story but does not drive the PU. The interesting part is we may be able to convince CIG to let us keep them human controlled at the end of the beta.

Other reasons to do it, there are a lot of the player base that would like to own and fly a Scythe, but lore prevents that and they are un-insurable. So even if you capture one, you wouldn't fly it in harms way.....But if we write our own lore take some Vanduul worlds via the new planet side FPS mechanic and capture some factories we can change all that

Full disclosure. I am privileged to own a scythe, it bothers me some that other folks don't have the opportunity. This a way to change that and it just sounds too damn fun...

Cheers

Spectrum link
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/3/thread/invading-vanduul-space-at-the-end-of-the-beta-op-1/4347

We have set up a free coms Discord server for Operation Pitchfork details below
https://discord.gg/0khMm8QaHUmR8btK

Operation Pitchfork Org is now open! Click the link and press the "Join" button if you or your Org would like to participate in this great endeavor
Org Link

Pitchfork Manual Compiled by Glacier
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0FMYBX4ZiNDalNMYlh4TWRxaG8/view?usp=sharing

ArbitrarySketch created a list you can jot your info down both as individuals or as Orgs:
Asset roster

News Letter

Kartr created a PF FAQ Including Goals, SOP, and other interesting information
FAQ

Myths & Erroneous Assumptions about Operation Pitchfork

0.jpg

Represent!
YfqJ7Bh.jpg
AMwLE7P.png
duxhDhY.png

Kudos to [UK] Nights Wrath and Co
0.jpg

Thank you to LelesPL and Benjamin_the_Rogue
GzpScgv.jpg

The Pitchfork
fN5V6x3.jpg
Special thanks to the Manchester CS Team

Second Pitchfork MVP. Way to go Czar and the rest of the team
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/101432

Org Doc by Lyt
https://docs.google.com/document/d/11z6I3WH9_1EwN6b3eAEio_RRXon6WlMa6iELrUaEGRQ/edit#heading=h.xu8scgstcdpm

Seems if we are going to do something stupidly glorious we should have a theme song too :-)
March of Cambreadth

0.jpg

Thanks for all the support for this idea and our MVP award, I am truly humbled!

I am happy to report that that we have 200+ orgs joining us officially, if you're interested please suggest to your organizations and post points of contact here.
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/64208/invading-vanduul-space-operation-pitchfork-guild-liaison-thread#latest

Lone wolf and small teams I set up a venue for you to organize if your not comfortable in a guild structure
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/64217/invading-vanduul-space-operation-pitchfork-lone-wolfs-and-small-team-contact-thread#latest

We have a Joint operations, strategy area etc. in the OP website linked above to help you self organize

And anyone not wanting to organize, we are more than happy to have you fly to the sound of gunfire. Everyone is welcome.

Hector has been kind enough to let us overflow into his post. (Thanks Hector!)

Back story thanks to Wrath_Of_Deadguy

Frustration with the UEE over failure to take decisive action against Vanduul attacks could be a big motivator- frontier colonists historically often formed their own militias and took matters into their own hands when the authorities were too slow to act, refused to act, or simply didn't have a large enough local presence to make a difference. Even though the Vanduul have no unified government, many spacers could be led to believe the attacks would subside if enough people banded together and gave one or two of their clans a sound whomping. The objective might not be so much to wipe the Vanduul out wholesale as to conduct a massive retaliation against their border clans to set an example for any others who might get it in their heads that humans are squishy, easy targets. Message delivered: if you stick your blades into our friends and neighbors, we'll stick your heads on pikes.

On Hull Insurance

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/543216/#Comment_543216

Shanks thread explaining what we know of the Vanduul
Vanduul: What we know

html>
  • Darius_Marx

Posted:
    Edited: by Darius_Marx
    Posted:
    Edited:
    L8ChnpS.jpg

y3m.png
    OperationPitchforkMedal3.png
    lrUuf8U.jpg
    6FzwEf5.jpg
    Xian_Pitchfork_zpsc1a8785e.png
    gPLPgIr.jpg

cqg2.jpg
    LCnwy6c.jpg
    1pqh.jpg

5666047820_7ee92ac4da_o.jpg
    XeJKGAn.jpg

Guilds participating in Pitchfork.. So Far

Digital Revolution Confederation
    The DUSCC Coalition / Coalition of Dusk, for Oceanic Guilds in
    The Grumpy Gits
    Combined Task Force 152
    Windbourne Highlanders Aerospace Div
    Underworld Knights
    Skjaldborg Diversified Ind
    Las Chicas Perdidas (L.C.P.)
    United Space Confederation
    WolfPack Star Citizen div
    Capellan Confederation Star Forces
    Executive Justice
    Shattered Worlds Coalition Squadron 45: Flying Tigers
    The Association of Capitalists, Explorers, and Soldiers (ACES)
    Red Eye Syndicate
    The M.E.R.C. Corp
    Goldwing
    Darkspace Tactical Assault Core
    Browncoats and Independents
    Retaliator Racket Bomber Squadron.
    Failed Diplomacy Corporation
    ARMD
    Rogue Squadron
    Colonial Movers
    Orion Order
    47th Legion
    starGOV
    Carus mining corp
    Black Templars
    Das Kartell
    Conscripts
    photo Big Papi2.jpg
  • Shankerz

Posted:
    Posted:
    My Idris is at your command sir for this glorious attempt!
    Gank and Pod Kill anyone who avoids combat. Make them cry and harvest there yummy tears! /Hostile Pirate for life!
  • Hyndakiel

Posted:
    Posted:
    I say we all go together for the vandull jump points and see who get furthest in the vanduul territory.
    Imperium Recruitment
  • Gargoyle

Posted:
    Posted:
    Sounds like a plan, if it's possible it could be fun
  • Absurd

Banned
    Posted:
    Banned
    Posted:
    If the players worked together instead of as separate groups, we'd achieve a lot of fun, game-breaking stuff, I'm sure.
  • Runelord

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hate to disappoint, but current plan is not to have a wipe after beta.
  • Hyndakiel

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Most mmo, if not all, have wipes to prevent beta players starting (too) ahead of non-beta players. CIG will probably wipe the server.
    Imperium Recruitment
  • Decius

Posted:
    Posted:
    If there's going to be a wipe after Beta, I will be more than happy to lend my Hornet to the cause.
  • sailor67

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Interesting, still worth doing, regardless. Space and SC is big, we should do something big too.. You want to live forever? ;-)

html>
  • Ryuto

Posted:
    Edited: by Ryuto
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

Most mmo, if not all, have wipes to prevent beta players starting (too) ahead of non-beta players. CIG will probably wipe the server.
    Most MMOs don't have an economy like this game. CIG has stated that the lack of a beta wipe will be to jump start the universe and the economy.
    “ I have learned the secret, my dear nephew, and I may traverse the trackless void at my will...”
    -John Carter, Gods of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
  • Runelord

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

This is not your normal MMO. It has been stated by Chris Roberts there is no plan to wipe the Beta.
  • Skyfaller

Posted:
    Posted:
    So.. we can just load a few thousand auroras with antimatter bombs and fly them into their sun?

Weeee
    dgEkA0d.jpg
  • Brigadoom

Posted:
    Posted:
    I hope the devs spawn Bengals in odd places.
    To seek, to find.
  • Ltown

Posted:
    Posted:
    Leave it to the mad scientist to lead us into an suicidal crusade.

I'M IN.
  • Hyndakiel

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

This is not your normal MMO. It has been stated by Chris Roberts there is no plan to wipe the Beta.
    If it is not too much trouble could you link me that?

Imperium Recruitment
  • sailor67

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Welcome to the forums :-)
    html>
  • John_Shepard

Posted:
    Posted:
    This has been brought up a few times before...but they had my full support then...just as you have my full support now!
    html>
  • sailor67

Posted:
    Edited: by sailor67
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

This has been brought up a few times before...but they had my full support then...just as you have my full support now!

thank you and thank you all who are supporting this
    html>
  • Evo

Posted:
    Posted:
    Sounds worth a shot. The data would probably be pretty interesting for the devs to see what an organized attempt can actually accomplish in regards to strategy and even simply difficulty of the AI.

Count me in!
    Constellation Aquila || Super Hornet || Freelancer MAX || 350R || Prospector

"...It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics; we are all stardust." - Lawrence Krauss

• Runelord

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Here you go.
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/28672/guide-to-star-citizen-aka-summary-of-lore-interviews-and-everything-2-0/p1
  • FauxShizzle

Posted:
    Posted:
    Definitely. I'm in.
  • Hyndakiel

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Here you go.
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/28672/guide-to-star-citizen-aka-summary-of-lore-interviews-and-everything-2-0/p1
    Thank you good sir, I was not expecting this.
    Imperium Recruitment
  • Supremacy

Posted:
    I reckon we could all put aside our differences to kick some alien ass. It's the way of mankind goddamnit!

AV8VQrf.jpgQgjEmCu.jpg

• GD-Axon

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'll lend my Cat to take troops right into the heart of their fleet. I want to be the first to capture an Alien flagship!
    Caterpillar
  • Kaizure

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'd be up for doing something suicidal and stupid at the end of the beta. :D
    Violets are blue, roses are red. You're about to be boarded, so prepare to eat lead.
  • sailor67

Posted:
    Posted:
    Kaytiff:
    [hide]

I'd be up for doing something suicidal and stupid at the end of the beta. :D

You fit right into this crowd :-)
    html>
  • Bridy

Posted:
    Posted:
    I believe there is a plan to do a wipe at the end of the first iteration of the alpha PU before beta PU, but the actual beta wont have a wipe to allow for a transition into the PU on launch
    Aggro Queen
  • BigBrutal64

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I reckon we could all put aside our differences to kick some alien ass. It's the way of mankind goddamnit!

0.jpg

Best damn "GO GET EM" speech ever in movies!
    Red Plate
    325A-315P-Freelancer-350R-300i
  • WingCmdr_Paradox

Posted:
    Given the number of Squadrons/Guilds there are, and how obvious it is that we are all going to try, I'm pretty sure there are going to be safeguards in place to ensure it will not happen. I mean think about it. We're not being dropped into a war that is already going on. If anything the Vanduul will have plenty of defense in place to repel any first strikes we try to initiate early on.

We are talking about a lot of planning and preparation that will be needed, and that could take months. I don't think it will be possible to make such an invasion at launch.
    CREW POSITION: Operations CIC "The Big Chair"
    SHIP CLASS: Javelin "EPHESIAN" REGISTRY ID: DDG-617
    SHIP CLASS: Idris "VINDICATOR 57" REGISTRY ID: FFG-1958
    SHIP CLASS: Carrack "DAWN OF SIRIUS" REGISTRY ID: SQ2-7H-20
  • sailor67

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

0.jpg

Best damn "GO GET EM" speech ever in movies!

Right up there with George C Scott's "Patton" monolog
    html>