Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voyager Direct Store pricing - Main Discussion Thread

Ezekeel

Banned
Posted:
Edited:
Posted: -
20k for a Buggy
16k a Laser Cannon

How are people supposed to test these if it will cost them 16k UEC = 16$ to buy a single one? How are we supposed to test different weapon loadouts in the dogfighting alpha later if testing different setups will cost us as much as an pledge ship - without refund or gifting option. I thought the 5k UEC gift would actually buy us something more than one poster.

Mod Note: Community manager Ben Lesnick responded to the thread:

Hey guys - long story short, we hear you. The VD store ended up coming across pretty much exactly the opposite way we wanted. We're working out a plan right now to make this right and I will have more for you as soon as possible.

We should have something later today at least. And in the meantime I will be at a booth at DragonCon and anyone is welcome to come tell me what they think about the store in person :)

I promise the goal was not to beg for extra money, and hopefully we will be able to prove that!

Official answer from CR: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13241-17-Million

VOTE NOW
  • broadwayblue

Rear Admiral

Posted:

Rear Admiral

Posted:
    Prices are a bit high. But personally I was hoping for a bit more info on the various components. How are we supposed to know how much damage one weapon causes compared to another? How about effective range? Energy consumption? I know it's still early, but do they really expect people to buy items without knowing much about them?
    if only you could see what I've seen with your eyes!
  • Telcontar

Posted:
    Posted:

Prices are a bit high. But personally I was hoping for a bit more info on the various components. How are we supposed to know how much damage one weapon causes compared to another? How about effective range? Energy consumption? I know it's still early, but do they really expect people to buy items without knowing much about them?

You bought a ship (or many) that way, didn't ya?
  • zphyr

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well, it is still subject to changes... or at least I hope so. What am I gonna do with 7k?
  • CriticalCore

Posted:
    Posted:
    So much for "testing" not going to happen with these prices lol.
  • Riot

Posted:
    Posted:
    Oh come on...you know people will.

We were always told things would be much more expensive in game versus what we get for our initial pledge. Looks to be true.
    HB.gif
  • joshuasopko

Mercenary

Posted:

Mercenary

Posted:
    I concur, this is indeed a little over the top CIG....
    Play the game, love the Game, make the Game.
  • TheOrigin

Posted:
    Posted:
    Just stop for a moment and RETHINK what you wrote. YOU KNOW that these prices are paid with IN GAME CREDITS!

Only because its 20k at the moment it doesnt mean you cant afford it in the game later, where 20k will be like nothing!

So - if you want to buy it NOW - its your decision, then pay 20 bugs, if not - wait until you can earn your money in game and then purchase it.

Nothing more to say.
  • Pridit

Posted:
    Posted:
    I don't see why they just don't make everything free for testing purposes, have it not carry over or perform a wipe at some point while still keeping records of what people have purchased. The prices are just ridiculous, I hope this doesn't transition badly to the in-game economy, I'm hoping these will actually be affordable and relatively easy to come by in the full game.
  • Talon-5

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well, I must agree, I thought when they talked about buying some laser cannons to play around with, it was plural. And that it was for testing the store and the weapons fitting station.

I now see that I was wrong, it's still pretty awesome that we were gifted our 5000 creds, and I'm grateful. But it's obviously not for testing purposes. I hope they raise a lot of funds now. Unfortunately I just spent my discretionary funds on a 300i, so I won't be able to help much. :)
  • Lin_Jein

Posted:
    Posted:
    Not really, prices are std for initial products, to try and get as much from the people willing to spend the money as possible, then put in lower price points as time goes on, this is just business.
  • broadwayblue

Rear Admiral

Posted:
    Edited:

Rear Admiral

Posted:
    Edited:

You bought a ship (or many) that way, didn't ya?
    Not the same imo. A ship can be modded a number of ways using the various upgrade slots. But we only have so many slots, and if each item costs credits to purchase it's foolish for us not to know how a particular component will work with the ship before we purchase it.
  • CriticalCore

Posted:
    Posted:

Just stop for a moment and RETHINK what you wrote. YOU KNOW that these prices are paid with IN GAME CREDITS!

Only because its 20k at the moment it doesnt mean you cant afford it in the game later, where 20k will be like nothing!

So - if you want to buy it NOW - its your decision, then pay 20 bugs, if not - wait until you can earn your money in game and then purchase it.

Nothing more to say.

We want to test the loadouts and ram buggies into walls to find bugs.

Test.

Test.

Not pay to test.

Nothing more to say.

• sapphire

Posted:
    Posted:
    This raises a question: Do the things we buy in Voyager Direct have LTI? Or could you pay $20 for a laser cannon, get shot, and instantly lose it? Will the buggy respawn in the final game?
    IOpY6CV.png
    Origin Jumpworks 350r - "Tempest" -- MISC Starfarer - "Defiance" -- RSI Aurora LN - "Dragonfly" -- Aegis Dynamics Retaliator - "Harrier"
  • Wolven

Posted:
    Posted:
    Getting things in game isn't supposed to be a cake walk. Lasers, ion cannons etc cost money! I think the prices are fair for in game. But if they really want us to test the configurations, they should give us the credits to do so and wipe it when the game becomes function. i'e' they become test credits.
    Gold WingOperation Pitchfork

• omicron0

Posted:
    Posted:

Nothing more to say.

Test.

Test.

Not pay to test.

Nothing more to say.

QFE.
    7b448440-c061-45ad-b4bf-67ecd231bdbf_zps
  • Athrawes

Posted:
    Posted:
    $20 = 20,000 Imperials.

I will say it seems excessive for testing.
  • broadwayblue

Rear Admiral

Posted:

Rear Admiral

Posted:

$20 = 20,000 Imperials.

I will say it seems excessive for testing.

Well it's not really for testing. Whatever you buy is yours in the game.
  • Ezekeel

Banned
    Posted:
    Banned
    Posted:

Nothing more to say.

My point is you cannot earn credits until at least the PU beta has launched. How are we supposed to test different weapon setups now (to check that the 3D models fit) and later in the dogfighting alpha (to check that the stats are ok). To perform a proper testing one would need different weapon setups meaning large amounts of UEC meaning large amounts of $ since that is the only way to get it until the PU beta has launched. Personally I rather spend my money on more pledge ships and not take part in the testing.
  • Talon-5

Posted:
    Posted:

This raises a question: Do the things we buy in Voyager Direct have LTI? Or could you pay $20 for a laser cannon, get shot, and instantly lose it? Will the buggy respawn in the final game?

I don't think the guns would be LTI, that would be strange. The guns we buy in the game when it releases won't be LTI either... as to the buggy, it should stay safe and warm in the hangar where no violence ever comes, lol.
  • Quintero

Posted:
    Posted:
    If they can average $17.2 per current backer, they will break the $21 million threshold.

The buggy alone costs 20k, which is $15 extra from everyone who wants one. Add in a decorative item for 5k and a laser for ~10k (4-16), and a person can easily drop 35k, 30k of which they need to purchase.

They could get pretty damn close this week alone, and certainly by the dogfighting alpha.

That said, these prices are high enough that I am not inclined to buy anything. I would pay for an upgrade out of the dingy Discount Hangar, though. And I'd consider buying a physical version of that cot...
    kl9dnxz
    md6ejo2
  • Cyberwulfe

Posted:
    Edited:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    One of the things being tested besides the entire thing! is the pricing, there's no economy right now so they are just arbitrarily assigning prices, enough people complain they will adjust it. All part of the process.
    DrakeMartin_Signature.png
  • broadwayblue

Rear Admiral

Posted:
    Edited:

Rear Admiral

Posted:
    Edited:

If they can average $17.2 per current backer, they will break the $21 million threshold.

The buggy alone costs 20k, which is $15 extra from everyone who wants one. Add in a decorative item for 5k and a laser for ~10k (4-16), and a person can easily drop 35k, 30k of which they need to purchase.

They could get pretty damn close this week alone, and certainly by the dogfighting alpha.

That said, these prices are high enough that I am not inclined to buy anything. I would pay for an upgrade out of the dingy Discount Hangar, though. And I'd consider buying a physical version of that cot...

Still have no idea why anyone would want one (at $20.) I mean what does it do? Nothing.
  • Sparviero

Posted:
    Posted:
    So are the weapons just cosmetic or for real?
    sparviero.png

• broadwayblue

Rear Admiral

Posted:

Rear Admiral

Posted:

So are the weapons just cosmetic or for real?

Everything is for real.
  • Ezekeel

Banned
    Posted:
    Banned
    Posted:

One of the things being tested besides the entire thing! is the pricing, there's no economy right now so they are just arbitrarily assigning prices, enough people complain they will adjust it. All part of the process.

They cannot really adjust the prices without refunding those that already bought something or that will end up in a giant shitstorm like never seen before.
  • Talon-5

Posted:
    Posted:

That said, these prices are high enough that I am not inclined to buy anything.

Exactly. I was planning on not saving my 5000 creds, and I will probably still spend them on something, maybe... but the game has changed. These prices make it clear to me that CIG isn't concerned about testing different items and such, and therefore, saving the credits that were gifted is not a big deal.
  • Fighter26

Posted:
    Posted:

Nothing more to say.

Test.

Test.

Not pay to test.

Nothing more to say.

Orion Gaming Community
  • Scrambled-Legs

Posted:
    Posted:
    I agree that the prices seem a little bit high. I was under the impression that I was getting a fair amount of money when I got 5,000 UEC for the Hangar.. enough to outfit my ship at least, not just a poster.

...But it is a really cool poster.
    You've got a date with the legsecutioner!
  • Downgrade

Posted:
    Posted:
    It would be a bit silly, but I wonder if they have plans to make credits during the dog fighting, it would push the testing of weapons and shopping and such... Maybe do that, and then wipe all credits earned during dog fighting, or just let us keep that if it wasn't excessive. Just some ideas.
    Grey Skies Services
    Constellation | 350r | M50 "Mach 5" | F7CA-M "Lola" | Cutlass | Anvil Gladiator

AMD PhenomX4 965 4.1ghz | 8GB RAM | Radeon HD7970 GHZ Ed OC | 256GB Sandisk Extreme SSD | 1TB WD Black
  • TRush

Posted:
    Posted:

Nothing more to say.

Test.

Test.

Not pay to test.

Nothing more to say.

I want 2 buggies when i can invite my friends for buggy bug hunts
This discussion has been closed.