Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I loaded the assets of the hangar into the Sandbox Editor...

jonoPorter

Posted:
Edited:
Posted: -
GUIDE ON HOW TO IMPORT THE ASSEST YOURSELF AT THE END OF OP. LEAVE A COMMENT TO SHOW YOUR GRATITUDE. THANKS.

Hi! I have some experience with the Cryengine 3 Sandbox editor and since I can not access my hangar due to server overload, I took it on myself to look at the ships.

Aurora

ZNwOyfX.jpg

Aurora Interior

YKnQCgM.jpg

Constellation, for some reason un-textured

V2sEzFu.jpg

Finally Textured :D

Zlxu46a.jpg

They really made the sense of scale feel real and good.

IxZg554.jpg

Freelancer

yuzMz8c.jpg

Freelancer Interior

zBqB85D.jpg

P52 Merlin (Suppose the secondary ship of the Constellation)

bK4AaAO.jpg

Also, a list of vehicle entitys, which all don't work (aka sandbox editor backfires and crashes) why I think they're incomplete.

RkBJzls.png

More props, most of them are untextured though.

N4WNJDx.png

Some completle modeled asteroids.

yQnE7a3.jpg

A blown up planet, untextured. Might indicate planet destroyer weapons (Heh, would be awesome but most likely not happening)

qWvggNH.jpg

Giant floating landingpad anyone?

lf5aix5.jpg

t0N72yb.jpg

Found some missle carts too.

7QNNa1p.jpg

Found some awesome looking RSI logo here too.

vg3baxF.jpg

Time for some guns and weapons...

Seems like the SMG that has been shown already, I think.

FPvaUA5.jpg

Found some untextured missiles too. The biggest one is a vanduul missile.

lBDExs7.jpg

Took a look at some of the ship weaponry that was included.

Surprisingly an untextured model of a tractor beam was included too.

JVhIhNl.jpg

Laser cannons.

H86brA2.jpg

On35Pxc.jpg

Front mounted 300i heavy weapon.

raMhuhg.jpg

Final Image of content I found.

The hangar vehicle or whatever you'd call it.

yH2CJMZ.jpg

I can drive it.

8mNznpr.jpg

Oh yeah, upscaled Drake Cutlass Ship to resemble its actual size.

j73Zd8A.jpg

Planetary Exploration is going to be awesome.

JxOwhES.jpg

n8uaug2.jpg

Decided to do another one with the Aurora. It's just fun doing these.

wKKhii6.jpg

UMOkSbz.jpg

I will be updating this this thread the more I find.

Okay, this is a quick guide for dummies on how to use Hangar Module Content in the Sandbox Editor of Cryengine 3.

REQUIRMENTS: COMMON SENSE, BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS ETC.

First, you need the Sandbox Editor of course. You can get it here: http://www.crydev.net/dm_eds/download_detail.php?id=4
Install it. With the version you are downloading here comes a basic forest level which I have used in all of my screenshots etc. It should be the only level you can open up. Go ahead and try this but close your Sandbox Editor after you've taken a quick look at it.

Second, you need an installed and up to date version of the hangar module.

Third, now you need to copy all the content from the Star Citizen Hangar Module. The stuff you need is in here: \StarCitizen\CitizenClient\Data
Copy all the .pka files (except the scripts.pka unless you want to deal with a load of errors) in there to your Sandbox Editor location. My way was just putting it into the \GameSDK\ folder of my Sandbox Editor. Though be advised, if you are being asked by the system if you want to overwrite already existing data, awnser with keep both.

Next you are set to go, start up the Sandbox Editor, 32 bit or 64 bit, whichever your operation system supports. Load up the Forest level and you should be able to import the space ships.

Now, if you don't know how to put them in, another short guide to that. On the right side of the Editor window, is a field which has the title objects, which has more titles under it. You can either create your spaceship with Brush or Geom Entity. The ships are usualy under spaceships and then in another folder of their specific ship. To import it then, just drag and drop it into the game scene.
Another thing is that some ships when you import them crash the editor, so yeah, not all work.

I hope this is understandable. Wrote it as detailed as I could.

I made another quick tutorial for the folks who still have issues with getting the Connie textured.

First, of course, load the consellation up.

Then select the Connie and look at the Brush properties.

Beq1GSH.png

The space where it says MTL will be empty on your side and will not have this path in it.
Next click the empty field and another window will pop up which will let you navigate to the texture path.

BMSwzjD.png

This is the path where the textures for the Constellation are hiding. Select them and close the window. Your Constellation should be textured now.

More bonus:

Awesome pictures by Crozzwise.

After a long day hunting bad guys in the 'verse, it's time to relax at my favourite spot..

k4y1.jpg
o30p.jpg
45bj.jpg