Project: Ironclad IFB

cahey4

Posted:
Edited: by cahey4
Posted: -
Part 1: Be in the Stars

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

DAY 1 - FIRST CONTACT-

Hello, I am an orphan and have been stranded on a remote planet for a very long time, if I were to guess, I would say over 20 years. I must make this brief because I don't know how long the connection will last. This is the first time I have been able to make contact with anything and I am extremely excited! I realized I had regained communication when I switched on the monitor, set the system to the emergency channel and came across a UEE transmission. The transmission was asking me to "Answer The Call" by what looked like to be a high ranked officer of the UEE, it sounded like there was an attack at my home system of Vega. I can’t believe the system is still under siege. What happened? What is going on with the UEE? I don't know how much longer I will be able to keep this connection going or if I will even be able to recreate it again. I will be sure to keep at it to see what happens. Who knows maybe I will finally be able to get off this planet and rejoin civilization, but I don't want to be getting my hopes up too soon.

~Sin

// CONNECTION LOST

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

DAY 2 -UP AND RUNNING-

Alright! I was able to get this thing working again! That is a relief, establishing connection for the second time in a row means that I should be able to do this on a regular basis. All night I was trying to get a signal but it wasn't happening, I quickly realized that because the satellite is in a fixed position I have to wait for the rotation of the planet in order to send and receive a signal every time. That means the satellite could connect once during the day and once at night. The cloud cover may have been too much though, I think, so I wasn't able to make a strong enough connection with the signal. I never lost hope though, ever since I got here I have been able to get static, which I knew meant that there was a signal out there. Soon after I arrived here, I realized that there was no way I was going to get my ship off the ground. So I started to take it apart and find other uses for things. You know, they really shouldn't let children land these things. I was lucky to survive the crash. I have so much to talk about and yet I still don't know how much time I have to stay connected. The more I work on the system and its satellite the longer I should be able to stay in contact. One of the first things I started doing was expanding the systems dish to try to boost my range. Until next time.

~Sin

// CONNECTION LOST

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

DAY 3 –CAUTION-

Third time in a row! So glad to be able to make contact again and I have been keeping track of how long the signal will last, plus I have made modifications in order to extend the time limit. I would like to introduce myself, but as of now I am not sure that is such a good idea. Before each of these messages that I write, and during the nights when a connection is a made, I take some time to look into what happened with the ship that I was on. Every time I find something and learn about it, the next time I revisit the article, it’s gone. It’s very strange. I don’t know what to make of it. Most of the news reports are saying that it was a Vanduul attack that brought my ship down, but I’m not entirely sure that is what really happened. I would like to very much get off this planet but now I’m not sure what might be waiting for me out there. The things I’m finding are a little unsettling. I will continue to try and find out more though.

~Sin

// CONNECTION LOST

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

DAY 4 –THREAT-

Hello. At first I wanted to try and get off this planet and join the UEE to fight the Vanduul. But the more I look into what happened to the ship I was on almost 30 years ago, I’m starting the think that I’m safer here. All the information I have discovered on the ship has completely been erased and I can no longer access it, also I was locked out for almost an hour before my systems came back online. I think someone knows that I’m out here, where ever here is. I still can’t seem to pinpoint my location, and even if I did I’m not sure it would be wise for me to announce it. I’m going to keep this brief just in case someone is after me, my instincts tell me that they might not be trying to rescue me.

~Sin

// END TRANSMISSION

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

DAY 5 –ONE TRACK MIND-

Hello again, I stopped looking into articles about the ship I was on and decided to revisit the news about the Vanduul being in the Vega system. It looks like Vega II, Aremis was attacked. That is a tragedy. My thoughts go out to those who lost their lives. Those attacks are the main reason why my family and I left that system in the first place. I may have said too much already but my parents always said, after fall of Armitage what’s to stop that from happening here? I’m going to keep digging while I have a stable connection and try to find out more about, well everything really.

~Sin

// CONNECTION LOST

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

DAY 6 –PASSWORD-

As I was looking into the Vanduul attack on Vega II yesterday, some old memories started coming back to me of my home system. So, I decided to try and revisit them using what little access I have here. Onboard the escape ship when I first got here I found an old document. I recently just found it again and looked into some of the words on it. I got some hits and looked into those, still trying to find out more but, I’m starting to recall more and more now and starting to better understand what may have happened. I also recall an old account I had when I was a child. I’m afraid to access it for fear that someone may be monitoring it. Maybe if I muster enough courage I will login and see what it says.

~Sin

// END TRANSMISSION

CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

DAY 7 –SITTING DUCK-

My signal was hi-jacked. They tried to contact me but all I got was static and couldn't understand what they said. I don't know how long I have but I know someone out there is really gunning for me now. At this point it may be wise for me to access the old account and see where that takes me, but I'm still not sure I can figure out my coordinates in time to have someone rescue me. The people or person jamming and hi-jacking my signal may already know my location or at least the general area and be out there hunting for me. I'm trying to set up a way to defend myself in case that day comes but I have very little ammunition left. I am watching the sky all the time. Making contact may not have been the best thing for me, I kind of want to go back to when I was alone and didn't have a bull's-eye on my back...

~Sin

// END TRANSMISSION
It's a dream come true!
Referral code: STAR-WHJX-JSF3 (Any account made with this code starts off with an extra 5,000 UEC) Ewch Ymlaen.