Ship Insurance (Future use)

xNateM8x

Posted:
Posted: -
Can someone give me a rundown on how insurance will supposedly be used in the future? what happens when it ends, how do you buy it/renew it, etc.
feel free to use my referral code STAR-D9Q4-DWPS
  • Logical_Chimp

Posted:
    Posted:
    Nope - can't do that.

We can't give you the run down, because we don't know - CIG hasn't given any details, beyond 'you can renew it', etc.
    I'm not a complete idiot. Some parts are missing.
  • Gagarin

Posted:
    Posted:
    There's not much to say.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12820-Insurance-FAQ-And-Update

Beyond the FAQ...

A 2+ year old comment from CR suggested that the time-limited insurance would only tick down while you were in the game. So if you left for vacation for 2 weeks, you wouldn't return with all of your insurance gone.

He also implied in that same video it would tick down at whatever accelerated in-game clock there was while logged in... so if an in-game 24hr earth day was really like 6 hours then that would be 1 day of insurance. MAYBE. It was unclear and a while ago.
    Around 75% of my posts are from an iPhone / iPad and auto-correct stinks. So my spelling and grammar probably stink as well.
  • Sillia

Posted:
    Posted:
    Also it has been stated that the renewal cost for insurance is roughly the equal the profit that ship would usually make from completing one mission. So unless you have dozens of ships this will likely not be a significant cost.
    Before you spend money on the game, use a Referral Code to receive a free 5,000 UEC (in game money).

Here is my own code if you do not have one, STAR-K9ZM-K5ZJ