Server request for South America

aspirine

Posted:
Posted: -
Hello

Who think that in the short and long term also put servers for South America since here there are sponsors less than but we also want to enjoy the game with the lowest possible PING, if we put here shows requests may take into account for future patches

Thank you

( use la traduccion de google)
  • Manowars

Posted:
    Posted:
    You'll need to talk to amazon about that.
    PURGE THE HERETICS, KILL THE PAGANS!
  • Gagarin

Posted:
    Edited: by Gagarin
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

^

They are using Amazon's cloud

Amazon's cloud has no servers there

Take it up with Amazon

Oops. Misread the country
    Around 75% of my posts are from an iPhone / iPad and auto-correct stinks. So my spelling and grammar probably stink as well.
  • DrinkV0dka

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

^

Take it up with Amazon

Amazon does have a aws server in Brazil. From what I've seen the developers are probably waiting to see if the demand from South American players is big enough to warrant paying the cost of running an instances in Brazil. Probably because the cost per hour in Brazil is quite a bit higher than the US.
    I live in Chile so I'm all for it and at the moment I'm just happy that they switched to Amazon instead of Google because Google doesn't have any server in South America.
  • Gagarin

Posted:
    Edited: by Gagarin
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

^

Take it up with Amazon

Amazon does have a aws server in Brazil. From what I've seen the developers are probably waiting to see if the demand from South American players is big enough to warrant paying the cost of running an instances in Brazil. Probably because the cost per hour in Brazil is quite a bit higher than the US.
    I live in Chile so I'm all for it and at the moment I'm just happy that they switched to Amazon instead of Google because Google doesn't have any server in South America.
    Crap

Reading comprehension for the fail

I thought it was saying South Africa since I've seen that asked a lot lately and on my IPhon I just assumed it was another

Damnit. I hate face palming.
    Around 75% of my posts are from an iPhone / iPad and auto-correct stinks. So my spelling and grammar probably stink as well.
  • Radimir_Poutine

Posted:
    Posted:
    well thats the beauty of free markets. if you create the demand theyll set up a south African server. get campaigning.
    Enemy%20Contact%20Signature_zpss1tiqgir.
  • Bah

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

^

Take it up with Amazon

Slightly off topic, but Google is building a datacenter in Sao Paulo, by the way
    It's supposed to be operational sometime between this year and the next one.
  • Nightmare_King

Posted:
    Posted:
    Bah | Bah said:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

^

Take it up with Amazon

Slightly off topic, but Google is building a datacenter in Sao Paulo, by the way
    This. By the time the game goes live im sure they will have servers in Brazil.
    LTrsqso.jpg
  • Gagarin

Posted:
    Posted:
    El_Furious_Gato:
    [hide]

Bah | Bah said:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

^

Take it up with Amazon

This. By the time the game goes live im sure they will have servers in Brazil.
    I'm pretty sure by the time the game goes live, we'll have servers on Mars ;-)
  • Kronokrator

Posted:
    Edited: by Kronokrator
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Mencionaron que, en el futuro, es una posibilidad que pongan un servidor en Sao Paulo.

En el video del miércoles mencionan la expansión a otras regiones. Está al 37:50.
  • Rios_Drakoon

Posted:
    Posted:
    guys, i have one question, English and specialy Tech Talk English isnt my Thing.

I understand the "choose Region" stuff.

But what does that mean at the end for us?

Is that just the first Step for this new Tech, or will Players be "limited" in regions.
    I know you can switch within second to another Region, but thats not the same.

CAN
    Player A from USA, connected to USA AWS Server
    and
    Player B from EU, connected to EU AWS Server
    and
    Player C from Australia, connected to Sydney AWS Server

See each other in the game, talk/fight/group, while all 3 of them having "good" ping?

Thats my question.

Because atm its more like:
    A: 30ms
    B: 150ms
    C: 300ms.
    2xu8jxng.jpg
  • DrinkV0dka

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

guys, i have one question, English and specialy Tech Talk English isnt my Thing.

I understand the "choose Region" stuff.

But what does that mean at the end for us?

Is that just the first Step for this new Tech, or will Players be "limited" in regions.
    I know you can switch within second to another Region, but thats not the same.

CAN
    Player A from USA, connected to USA AWS Server
    and
    Player B from EU, connected to EU AWS Server
    and
    Player C from Australia, connected to Sydney AWS Server

See each other in the game, talk/fight/group, while all 3 of them having "good" ping?

Thats my question.

Because atm its more like:
    A: 30ms
    B: 150ms
    C: 300ms.

We don't really know atm how cig are going to implement the system but I f I had to guess then they are probably going to try and have everyone connect to a server in their own region. Since Amazon has fiber optic connections between all of their data centers it, they will probably connect all the instances so it appears like everyone is connecting to the same data center.

Obviously they might not do this if the ping between players is too high but I think with the dedicated fiber lines that Amazon has, we should be able to connect most people with good ping.