what is "SET"

Tewa

Posted:
Posted: -
The Transportation Policy Poll mentions that "For convenience, all questions and responses concerning dates and lengths of time are given in SET."

What is it? And possibly related, the questions aren't about currently-owned ships, but about our roleplayed hypothetical citizen character within the game universe, right? I was willing to answer as myself (the player), so RSI could gather information about player interests, but then the first question offered the choice of having owned a ship for 10+ years, so it must be entirely fictional (but then I start to doubt how useful the answers are to RSI, since they are now one layer removed from actual player desires).
  • Wainaa

Posted:
    Edited: by Wainaa
    Posted:
    Edited:
  • CaptMal

Posted:
    Posted:
    Standard Earth Time
    MRU1IFH.png
         I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.    grafton is MVP!!!
  • FradinRyth

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yup SET is in effect "server time" It's the lored up reason why we'll use a unified time frame even though every location on and around every planet will have wildly varied times of day, etc.
    Never trust anything I say when I wink ';)' and only half of what I say when I don't. ;)Frad's Sig
  • MmmHmm

Posted:
    Posted:
    It isn't the Snake God of Ghamorrah?