Valentine's Day, and nightmare free fly

QuasarLand

Posted:
Posted: -
Are you kidding me? Do you think I will buy this ship after this?

• Catchybore

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yes?
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Edited: by QuasarLand
    Posted:
    Edited:
    1 bug each minute

Edit : Camera Missiles bug / Hydrogen Capacity is ridiculous / You can't enter in EVA on this ship / Interactions are bug etc etc
  • Gagarin

Posted:
    Posted:
    I really don't like to say this often, but.....

twitter-63ca1201f53db8289462e9b45230b7d1

Weird stuff is going to break spectacularly in an Alpha.
    Around 75% of my posts are from an iPhone / iPad and auto-correct stinks. So my spelling and grammar probably stink as well.
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:

• QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:

• Soziopath

Posted:
    Posted:
    PSA: don't pay money for unfinished games if playing unfinished games bothers you. Yes, SC is a mess and has been for the last couple of years and probably will continue being a mess for the foreseeable future.

Complaining about it won't change a thing. Yes, it sucks, but that's no real news.
    Aegis Avenger - DV Bronco Buster // Aegis Retaliator - HMAV Bertha // Aegis Vanguard - FSM Oboro
    Drake Cutlass Blue - MTS Super Donkey
    Origin 350R - HSC Röhrl
    Vanduul Glaive - Cut Less
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    So give me something to enjoy, not something to hate
  • Soziopath

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

So give me something to enjoy, not something to hate

Look at the graphics. They're reasonably enjoyable - but that's it, really. Don't play SC for its gameplay values because those are terrible.
    Aegis Avenger - DV Bronco Buster // Aegis Retaliator - HMAV Bertha // Aegis Vanguard - FSM Oboro
    Drake Cutlass Blue - MTS Super Donkey
    Origin 350R - HSC Röhrl
    Vanduul Glaive - Cut Less
  • Kissamies

Posted:
    Posted:
    The turret ejection/turrets not being usable bug is due to turrets getting destroyed too easily. Many other ships actually have it worse. In 2.6.1 PTU they beefed the turret hit points.

The EVA entry thing is a real annoyance. The others don't bother me as much or are not specific to Connie.
    SigSWAnim.gif My ref code: STAR-GSZH-P94R
  • Dranor-Zylander

Posted:
    Edited: by Dranor-Zylander
    Posted:
    Edited:
    If you want to see something amazing, take your connie out to yela and start flying side ways around asteroids then bring a few buddys along and trip them out. The games going to be more surreal than anyone can imagine.

Thats nothing compared to moon battles later on. Might as well be pulled straight out of a 70's scifi story.
    33f3i1w.png
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Actually I prefer to enjoy this game with a little ship. Or to do something very hard like this :

599228ScreenShot0013.jpg

I wanted to buy the Constellation but after tested it, you have too much problems on it to enjoy the fly....
    I prefer to fly with my Caterpillar... Or Sabre in Arena Commander etc...

But I don't know why CIG is doing something like Free Fly test for new players with full bug ship... It is so frustating...
  • Hilarius

Posted:
    Posted:
    It does take a certain fortitude of character to be an early access game tester. Some people have what it takes and understand the development process and others.... maybe not so much. I wish you the best.
    Join PAGAN today!

Warning: This is not a warning!
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    I love the Constellation because it is a symbol of this game. But since the beginning, it is impossible to enjoy a multicrew party with it. Or a solo fly...

Be a co-pilot is useless, be a gunner is useless, try to enter in this ship in EVA is harder than everything...

I know it is an Alpha Game, but please if I want to buy a 300$ ship, maybe I need to enjoy a little bit?
  • Hilarius

Posted:
    Edited: by Hilarius
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

I love the Constellation because it is a symbol of this game. But since the beginning, it is impossible to enjoy a multicrew party with it. Or a solo fly...

Be a co-pilot is useless, be a gunner is useless, try to enter in this ship in EVA is harder than everything...

I know it is an Alpha Game, but please if I want to buy a 300$ ship, maybe I need to enjoy a little bit?

The essence of a "pledge" is that you are giving money on a concept or an idea. You are saying that "I believe in what you guys are building and I want to give some money to help it proceed." There still is an idea of a Connie and we can see some of where it is heading. Yeah, it does not work right yet and sure all of the folks that have pledged so generously are looking forward to that time when the ships work as they are supposed to without glitches and whatnot. It takes a great deal of patience, I know, and I think some folks may be ill suited to the "fortitude of spirit" (or whatever that essence of character is called) required for early access to a game in development like this (this really is uncharted territory here).
    Join PAGAN today!

Warning: This is not a warning!
  • Daden

Posted:
    Posted:
    This kind of reminds me of when I introduced my wife to SC (She asked to try it). I had some reservations due to the rough state of 3.0 at the time, but thought she would at least enjoy the sweeping vistas and physics-lite ship-to-EVA stuff.

She ended up getting catapulted out of Covalex, stuck on the Constellation's cargo bay ladder, and murdered by a random hidden player when I bugged out of a turret. It only took about 20 minutes for her to say, "Let me know when there's some kind of playable game."

I know it's cliche, but alpha just isn't for everyone. I am able to dismiss bugs and glitches because the promise of SC is so undeniable to me, but others find it utterly broken and unfun. It's really just a mindset.
    Get the job done! Captains, Crewmen, Freelancers, Outlaws and Scoundrels welcome!
    [/url]
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    I have known alpha much better treated than this... More I play Star Citizen more I discover bug. I remember in 2.2 the Andromeda was great, only a problem with turret sensibility.... Now all is bug. When I mean all is bug, all is bug....

Sell me dreams not bug, lol...

• Dr_Bright

Posted:
    Posted:
    Buys an alpha game.
    Complains about there being bugs.

Ok then.
    Because I'm using speech recognition to dictate most of my posts in a vain attempt to, hopefully, get my computer to understand me better I'll probably have a fair amount of spelling and grammar errors.
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I don't see any evolution since some years about the same ship.. What can you say about it?

Edit : It is worse each update... It would probably be necessary to reassure and not create more problems...
  • Daden

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I don't see any evolution since some years about the same ship.. What can you say about it?

Edit : It is worse each update...

Actually, it has been through multiple major reworks and is better for it. Remember the cargo Merlin? How about the inexplicable missile booms? Multicrew functionality is pretty much absent, turrets are not yet useful, and clipping issues are improved but still there. We all know this. How about you cut the hyperbole and at least try for some perspective?

Years...Christ. It hasn't been flyable for "years." *mutters and walks off*
    Get the job done! Captains, Crewmen, Freelancers, Outlaws and Scoundrels welcome!
    [/url]
  • PoohPuss

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'm having fun with the constallation.

The elevators obviously don't work properly in EVA, but I've been able to use the docking hatches at the sides. Further you were unlucky with the personell-elevator, that manouver usually works fine for me.

But so what? If they were tuning the ships to work perfectly with an unfinished physics-model they wouldn't be doing their jobs. This is just as it should be at this stage.
    Feel free to use a random referal-code when signing up for this site. https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3oiokc/the_star_citizen_referral_code_randomizer/
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I just want to trust in something who will be reliable for my crew. It is a real stress to create a party with people with Andromeda because all problemsI have listed.

Now you can't read your engineer screen because it doesn't work at all... Now just a person is needed for this ship... I really hope in 2.6.1 or 2.7 it will be flyable...
  • GOEI

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I really don't like to say this often, but.....

twitter-63ca1201f53db8289462e9b45230b7d1

Weird stuff is going to break spectacularly in an Alpha.

I think you missed his/her point - He/She asked CIG "Do you think I will buy this ship after this?" - which would be a clear NO after this experience - regardless of the state of the game (could be alpha, beta or final, it does not count for this question).
  • KristovK

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I have known alpha much better treated than this... More I play Star Citizen more I discover bug. I remember in 2.2 the Andromeda was great, only a problem with turret sensibility.... Now all is bug. When I mean all is bug, all is bug....

Sell me dreams not bug, lol...

The Early Access you get on Steam isn't alpha testing, nor is the Early Access you got with any of the big name games, those are all betas, features are already in and work, content and balance is all that's missing in them.

THIS is an alpha, features aren't in yet, never mind content and balance, so bugs abound and every update will create as many or more bugs than it fixes, such is the nature of alpha.

As others already said, alpha testing isn't for everyone, it's full of annoyances and will drive you up the wall at times. Come back when SC is in beta stage.
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I understand it is an Alpha Game, but it is worse each update... I am so dispointed for the future... Each update I want to buy this ship but something is always in my mind to say : No, you can't buy a bug ship like this....

I am testing this ship since 2.1... I am patient but give me reason to buy this ship?

315763ScreenShot0548.jpg

802376ScreenShot0635.jpg

• Chaos_Fox

Posted:
    Edited: by Chaos_Fox
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Are you kidding me? Do you think I will buy this ship after this?

0.jpg

Nobody cares what you do, or how you spend your money.
    If you don't like the Andromeda, then don't buy one, but spamming the forums with rants doesn't help your cause much.

Image and video hosting by T</a></center></div></body></html>
  • Stig_32

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I understand it is an Alpha Game, but it is worse each update... I am so dispointed for the future... Each update I want to buy this ship but something is always in my mind to say : No, you can't buy a bug ship like this....

I am testing this ship since 2.1... I am patient but give me reason to buy this ship?

315763ScreenShot0548.jpg

Do you really think the ships are going to be that buggy at release? How could you justify buying ANY ship if you thought that might be the case?
    StigSig_zps51dcbe0b.png
  • KristovK

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

315763ScreenShot0548.jpg

802376ScreenShot0635.jpg

Why should I give you reasons to buy something in alpha that isn't fully operational? If you want the ship, get it, simple as that. I've got some ships I can't even see in my Hangar, much less fly yet, so do many many others, and you are whining about a ship that is flyable but has some bugs?

You want to get back in the Connie after EVA? Easy, use the Cargo bay, just open it, EVA in and go up the ladder, leave the bay open, done. Front airlock usually works but if not, that's the work around.

Turrets on ALL ships are a problem right now, waiting on systems not completed yet to make them fully functional. In the meantime I've personally found that using my joystick to operate turrets instead of mouse/kb is much more effective. The movement is very precise and at a very controllable speed.
  • GOEI

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

315763ScreenShot0548.jpg

Do you really think the ships are going to be that buggy at release? How could you justify buying ANY ship if you thought that might be the case?
    Again, that wasn't the question - it was if CIG thinks with such a quality it will gain more supporters - something that might be questionable with such an experience.
  • Starlin

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I just want to trust in something who will be reliable for my crew. It is a real stress to create a party with people with Andromeda because all problemsI have listed.

Now you can't read your engineer screen because it doesn't work at all... Now just a person is needed for this ship... I really hope in 2.6.1 or 2.7 it will be flyable...

And again..... that comes with the territory of buggy code. You have to be able to accept that things WILL not work as intended at least half the time, and the other half is hit and miss at best. Most of the issues you've complained about are not as game breaking if you can understand the quirks that trigger them.

The first video is just physics transitions, and can be worked around if you aligned yourself better with the surfaces. Second video is just latency; but the third one is a new one to me. But I would be willing to bet its all related to server performance in the current build, since all 3 can be attributed to server frame rates.

And seriously.... if this is stressing you out, you can't fathom what the PTU testers are experiencing. This is a perception problem. You're expecting a smoothly functioning game, when everyone and everything is telling you to expect problems ranging from rough usability to outright instability.
    "The ship stats page is always wrong. If for some reason it is right, then it will warp reality until it is wrong again." -Manic
    "An object at rest, cannot be stopped!" - The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs at Midnight!)
  • QuasarLand

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    When my crew is lost in space because of bug (turret ejection), when my crew is dying because they just want to enter in my Constellation... Every try, every time... Since 1/2 years... How I can trust CIG?

When I am in my Retaliator, it is the same problem... They know the turret problem but they don't fix it.... As I said, sell me dreams about this game... But actually me and my crew are so disapointed about bug who have been reported since 2 years ago...