How high can you go? (Morbid question)

Krullgore

Posted:
Posted: -
How far do you think this game will go in updates before maybe even a beta is out?
I would hate to imagine us being at patch 9.54 B and still in a alpha stage hehe. Reason I ask, and this is kinda morbid...but I actually have cancer and probably have about 3 years left. Was wondering if I would be able to play the game in all its glory before that time comes.
  • Jacen_Qekora

Posted:
    Posted:
    :< wow that's awful I'm so sorry to hear that..... I hope that it comes soon it'll should definitely be out atleast in 2 years fully I assume that'll give you a full year of gaming but I hope that you go into recession and play for 10 years best of luck my friend and enjoy life not a game in the meantime
    Undeniable space badass
  • Krullgore

Posted:
    Posted:
    sweet! ya even if its just like a final beta stage, that would be worth it. Ya ive been going through it for 2 years now. Already had two chemo's, radiation, multiple surgery. Nothing worked, so now I'm just accepting fate and trying to just enjoy all I have.
  • Kissamies

Posted:
    Posted:
    Man, that sucks :( The plans have an Alpha 4.0 and at the current rate I'm guessing it might take 2 years to get there and similar time after to get to Beta from there assuming there isn't Alpha 5.0 in between. Beta will probably go on an on and the final PU get soft launched into it.
    SigSWAnim.gif My ref code: STAR-GSZH-P94R
  • Starfarer_Rio

Posted:
    Posted:
    I really don't know what to say to a stranger on the internet in regards to your illness that doesn't come across in a different way than I meant it, but you really have my sympathy (and deep respect for being so open about it).

As for your question: you will almost certainly be able to play SQ42 in less than three years, hopefully even this year. The way I understood CIG at the last CitCon presentation, alpha 4.0 is supposed to be the feature complete stage, after which we will move into beta while stuff (mostly ships and systems) is added. As for when 4.0 will be out, no idea. It was tentatively suggested for the end of 2017, but that was back when 3.0 was supposed to be out end of 2016, so I'm definitely not counting on it. Expect mid to late 2018 for beta.
  • Gamgee

Posted:
    Edited: by Gamgee
    Posted:
    Edited:
    They're refering to it as an alpha now. It used to be considered pre alpha.
  • Dr_Krueger

Posted:
    Posted:
    How high can you go? (Morbid question)

Lets see.. blu blu blu blub. are we there yet?
    If I can't out-smart them, I will out-fight them!
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/SCAA
  • Krullgore

Posted:
    Posted:
    yes I consider this alpha, I'm asking and hoping that at the very least a Beta will be in place within three years.
  • Binacca

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

How far do you think this game will go in updates before maybe even a beta is out?
    I would hate to imagine us being at patch 9.54 B and still in a alpha stage hehe. Reason I ask, and this is kinda morbid...but I actually have cancer and probably have about 3 years left. Was wondering if I would be able to play the game in all its glory before that time comes.

Walk away from the forums for two years. If you're able to, and if you haven't travelled the world, make time to see one or two places you've always wanted to go.

Get a massage on a beach in Koh Samui or Phuket, then watch the sun set while eating Thai curry and drinking Singha.

Go be a tourist in Tokyo and Kyoto, then have amazing sushi while taking in the Japanese cherry blossoms of spring.

Take in Old Faithful and the other attractions of Yellowstone, before spending a few days camping out in Grand Teton National Park.

Then come back to the forums in two years if Star Citizen still seems important to you and play whatever CIG has managed to cobble together by then.
  • Hurricane_Moon

Posted:
    Edited: by Hurricane_Moon
    Posted:
    Edited:
    shit OP i feel for you brother.....thats sad..
    keep fighting mate, i honestly think withing the next year and a half we will have sq42 and a real good lliving PU...not complete,but more than just stanton.

keep going with that excitement and fun attitude with the game...keep thinking positive....keep climbing up the ladder my friend.
    i wish you well

as rocky says...it aint how how hard you can hit,its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward...keep moving forward.

easier said than done,butt the alternitive is to wilt....and ect...

laugh and spit in its face and stick 2 fingers up to it mate....

whatever gods out there may exist or some higher power...help our fellow space game brother in this time of need.

edit-most importantly as others said...do things you have dreamed of doing mate,borrow the money if you have to...lol...

if it was me id be in amsterdam with a load of hookers and a bag of sand...but thats me.
  • KristovK

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Walk away from the forums for two years. If you're able to, and if you haven't travelled the world, make time to see one or two places you've always wanted to go.

Get a massage on a beach in Koh Samui or Phuket, then watch the sun set while eating Thai curry and drinking Singha.

Go be a tourist in Tokyo and Kyoto, then have amazing sushi while taking in the Japanese cherry blossoms of spring.

Take in Old Faithful and the other attractions of Yellowstone, before spending a few days camping out in Grand Teton National Park.

Then come back to the forums in two years if Star Citizen still seems important to you and play whatever CIG has managed to cobble together by then.

This...take this advice and go enjoy life while you can man, Star Citizen is just a video game after all.
  • Capt_Morgan

Posted:
    Posted:
    well 4.0 will add multiple systems and will have most professions and gameplay systems. My guess it that after alpha 4.x, we'll start with Beta 0.1...all the way to 1.0 which will be release version.
  • Gagarin

Posted:
    Posted:
    That sucks.

If true, then honestly... I don't know. I could easily see a solid beta not coming out for another 1-2 years.

By which point, I don't know what kind of condition you'd be in and how much fun you'd have playing.
    Around 75% of my posts are from an iPhone / iPad and auto-correct stinks. So my spelling and grammar probably stink as well.
  • Ozwulf

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good luck OP
    We are all on borrowed time. If the game doesn't make it out before we go out just enjoy what you have :)
    yjj49.jpg>

• Fain

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good luck krullgore, I hope that the next few years are the best of your life.
  • 6AnimalMother9

Posted:
    Edited: by 6AnimalMother9
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

sweet! ya even if its just like a final beta stage, that would be worth it. Ya ive been going through it for 2 years now. Already had two chemo's, radiation, multiple surgery. Nothing worked, so now I'm just accepting fate and trying to just enjoy all I have.

Has there been any discussion regarding immunopherapy? My sister's mother-in-law had 6 months, been undergoing the treatment, and they are now saying the cancer is shrinking.
    Are you sure you want a damage report, sir? It does mean breaking out the decimal point.
  • SirKyle

Posted:
    Edited: by SirKyle
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I'm going to guess 4.0 is going to be beta. And I'm calling next year for the 4.0 release date.
    "Thou shalt respect all weakness, and shalt constitute thyself defender of them" -3rd commandment of chivalry
    KyleSig_zpsfbdc0ezb.gif
  • Buddyboy

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Has there been any discussion regarding immunopherapy? My sister's mother-in-law had 6 months, been undergoing the treatment, and they are now saying the cancer is shrinking.
    Yeah, and I know of some other weird things that have helped cancer patients overcome. I don't know what kind of cancer you have, but maybe, just maybe this will help.

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/ketone-bodies-brain-cancer/
    http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/healthscience/2012/December/Starving-Cancer-Ketogenic-Diet-a-Key-to-Recovery
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/749855
    http://www.nature.com/bjc/journal/v89/n7/full/6601269a.html

Don't know if saying stuff like this becomes annoying or not. Sorry if it does. Just trying to help a fellow SC fan. :D
    Thinking of buying the game? Then use STAR-D9B6-4NBF as your referral number. You'll get 5,000 UEC and I'll get a sweet new toy! That's a win-win!
  • Valaska

Posted:
    Posted:
    My uncle was in the same state of you man, sorry to hear about it... But with my experience in development before, seeing where CIG is, their inability to deliver on a single deadline, we could be looking at most realistically 4+ years at least with CIG's own projections of 1 solar system per month... This makes them at 48 in that time, just under half for 100 planned systems.