2.6.2 - 2.6.3

Balth124

Posted:
Posted: -
Hi there..

So i was looking on Star Citizen Reddit and i saw a lot of people talking about patches 2.6.2 and even 2.6.3 .. I was wondering if there are official words about that? Are we really gonna have other 2.6.X patches after the 2.6.1? I'd hope to see the 3.0 schedule to be honest so i was just getting curious :)

Thanks
  • Animotion

Posted:
    Edited: by Animotion
    Posted:
    Edited:
    As far as I know a patch 2.6.2 is planned, but I haven't heard of plans releasing a 2.6.3 patch.
    Since megamap an regional servers (which were sheduled for 2.6.2) are already in 2.6.1 there might not even be the 2.6.2 patch.
    After that comes 3.0.
    Two things define your fate, your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.
  • scruffycavetroll

Posted:
    Edited: by scruffycavetroll
    Posted:
    Edited:
    2.6.2 yes...2.6.3 no

after 2.6.2 it should go right to 3.0 at least for us.

Avocado's may try other builds but everything might be internal past 2.6.2

2.6.2 isn't content...just more bug fixes...3.0 is THE content patch just about everyone is waiting for. That's going to be a huge deal. Hopefully we see it between may & august. *fingers crossed*
  • Balth124

Posted:
    Posted:
    Oh damn i really hoped to see the 3.0 schedule like tomorrow or next week. Now i guess i'll have to wait some more weeks then.. I thought the 2.6.1 was the last one!

Arg.. too bad
  • Kissamies

Posted:
    Posted:
    The main 2.6.2 points were supposed to be regional servers and the mega map. 2.6.1 already has regional servers and mega map for single player, so there is not much left for the next patch. Always room for bug fixes and work on other issues, though. 3.0 may take some time so it'd be nice to have a 2.6 that is pleasant to play while we wait.
    SigSWAnim.gif My ref code: STAR-GSZH-P94R
  • Anora

Posted:
    Edited: by Anora
    Posted:
    Edited:
    CR stated when he put out the 2.6.1 patch schedule that in a few weeks after he had a chace to get with everyone he would release the 3.0 and SQ42 schedule, those few weeks are over he is back in the US let's see if he can keep his word this time.
  • Dawnstealer

Posted:
    Posted:
    As others have said, but keep in mind that 3.0 isn't "just around the corner," either. There will probably be a 2.6.2, but 3.0 will likely be 3-4 months out from that. Maybe more, considering how much is in it (landing on planets, alone - just creating the assets; creating a working economy for trading, pirating, and bounty hunting; creating the whole system people can fly around in; and so on - all of that is going to take a long while.

The absolute earliest I'd look for 3.0 would be July.
  • Connor_Hudson

Posted:
    Posted:
    2.6.1 is not even live yet. LOL. But realisticly I can't see 3.0 being on the schedule report tomorrow since we're not even sure if 2.6.1 will be live today since it was patched again last night. There hasn't been word about 2.6.2 since 80% ended up being added to 2.6.1
    Since most of 2.6.2 was centered around the mega map and regional servers and better net code.

Now if we go right to 3.0 on this schedule, great. But don't hold your breath, Only they know when we're truly ready to be given 3.0.
    The year is still at it's beginning, half way through Feb does not mean we're in Q3 already.
    My odds of navigating through an asteroid field are WAY better then 3720 to 1...Just sayin'
  • Balth124

Posted:
    Posted:
    So i was right.. Chris told somewhere that they were going to release 3.0 schedule after 2.6.1..

Anyway i also think there is no need for 2.6.2 actually.. I think 2.6.0 just need much better sync and network/ping for Star marine and few other bugs.. which should be coming with 2.6.1. Also if 2.6.2 was planned for megamap and regional servers which are already coming in 2.6.1 i really think we should start seeing the 3.0 schedule!

That's what we want! :D
  • tom5598

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

CR stated when he put out the 2.6.1 patch schedule that in a few weeks after he had a chace to get with everyone he would release the 3.0 and SQ42 schedule, those few weeks are over he is back in the US let's see if he can keep his word this time.

this made laugh XD I dont think they will release 3.0 sq42 schedules, you know those are not polished enough yet.....
  • Ibly1

Posted:
    Posted:
    3.0 is a ways off (I think). My opinion is we are going to keep getting these little filler patches until they feel 3.0 is a reasonable (for marketing purposes) gap from the last patch. I'm going to wildly guess 3 months or less. I think they want to keep something coming soon at all times so they don't lose momentum with the hype.
  • tom5598

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

3.0 is a ways off (I think). My opinion is we are going to keep getting these little filler patches until they feel 3.0 is a reasonable (for marketing purposes) gap from the last patch. I'm going to wildly guess 3 months or less. I think they want to keep something coming soon at all times so they don't lose momentum with the hype.

it wouldn't be wise to do that 3.0 is already way off its original release estimate and they have already showed the demo for that november. They can't just stand there and pretend that 3.0 is a brand new update. Well it would be hilarious and sad if they did that.
  • Ibly1

Posted:
    Edited: by Ibly1
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

it wouldn't be wise to do that 3.0 is already way off its original release estimate and they have already showed the demo for that november. They can't just stand there and pretend that 3.0 is a brand new update. Well it would be hilarious and sad if they did that.
    It's not a decision. It's going to take however long it's going to take. The only real decision is what do you do in the meantime.
  • tom5598

Posted:
    Edited: by tom5598
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

It's not a decision. It's going to take however long it's going to take. The only real decision is what do you do in the meantime.
    No, dev time is not a decision. what i wrote is that it will matter a lot HOW they present 3.0.
    a;like a delayed update and they are happy to to hit their major milestone as soon as they can
    b;with a lot of marketing during an event (GDC,E3,etc.) and the horrible original release estimate swept under the rug
  • Sgtteddybear59

Posted:
    I think a good thing to remember is that: Development is not linear.

They have been working on 3.0 for a long time now alongside 2.6.1.

A lot of people are worried 3.0 will come at the end of the year, but I highly doubt that. I imagine Spring is more realistic. Summer if there are any delays. Even IF 3.0 came out at the end of the year, we will still have Squadron 42 keeping us busy until then. The wait wont be as long as people imagine.
    New? Use this code to get 5,000 UEC FREE when you sign up: STAR-YNM2-HJMH
    rF0cvDx
  • Anora

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

A lot of people are worried 3.0 will come at the end of the year, but I highly doubt that. I imagine Spring is more realistic. Summer if there are any delays. Even IF 3.0 came out at the end of the year, we will still have Squadron 42 keeping us busy until then. The wait wont be as long as people imagine.

Wow can I have some of the coffee your drinking?
  • Balth124

Posted:
    Posted:
    I know 3.0 is definitely not around the corner.. But since i'm getting used at how long Star Citizen needs to release patches i'm OK even with schedule updates.. at least i know what's going on.

So i'd be already quite happy to know at least a really raw estimate of when 3.0 could go live.. Without doubts especially considering the patch it's gonna be delayed who know how much time but still it would be exciting.

So i really hope we'll just skip whatever is after 2.6.1 because i'm not sure is really needed. The reality is that there isn't so much you can do on the PU after you did all the missions and a couple of awesome fights in the verse.. Then you can play 30-60 minutes a day in Star Marine (not more cause just 2 maps and 2 simple modes aren't enough to play more).. Then what?

So i believe 2.6 is a really good patch.. and seems like 2.6.1 is a really good one as well. So i'd stay with that and just go toward 3.0 which is where most of the fun will finally come.

Hopefully CIG will just release the 3.0 if not tomorrow (which i doubt) maybe next week.. Finger crossed
  • Krullgore

Posted:
    Posted:
    2.63,2.64,2.65,2.66,2.67,........2.74,2.75,2.76,2.77.......2.97,2.98,2.99, And then 3.0! woot
  • Connor_Hudson

Posted:
    Edited: by Connor_Hudson
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Lets get 2.6.1 out and live before we keep going on the 3.0 rants. And honestly though.. IT's not even like it's that late to begin with. They were estimating December for 3.0 when they presented it at Gamescon. We got 2.6 in late December. It's not like we got nothing. And it's been barely 6 months since we got 2.5
    2.6 needed some bug fixing.. Which is happening now since 2.6.1 is still in the PTU. Even if we have a few extra days of PTU and it goes live Monday next week.. It's not that big of a delay.
    3.0 doesn't need to be "polished" for us to get it. Since we're all alpha testers as backers. But I'd rather get a somewhat buggy 3.0 that was not rushed to the extent that it's not playable. I do expect some bugs and some polishing needed the first few weeks we play it
    It's not spring yet. The year is half way into it's SECOND month. People need to stop acting like we're already in Q3 of 2017 and just relax.

And a message to all my fellow Canadians . Tax season is coming soon. Treat yourself nice and get to know your new toy while you wait. Melt it down try something else. That's what I've been doing and plan on doing till I make my finale decision on what ships I want. Now is the time to do this. Set yourself up for how you want to start day one of 3.0
    My odds of navigating through an asteroid field are WAY better then 3720 to 1...Just sayin'
  • ElGranMamo

Posted:
    Posted:
    I just want a date for patch 3.0

And above all, let squadron 42 leave soon. It would be a big mistake to get the 3.0 patch out before the campaign
  • Falcrack

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

2.63,2.64,2.65,2.66,2.67,........2.74,2.75,2.76,2.77.......2.97,2.98,2.99, And then 3.0! woot

You forgot 2.991
  • tom5598

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I just want a date for patch 3.0

And above all, let squadron 42 leave soon. It would be a big mistake to get the 3.0 patch out before the campaign

here is a date-> First Fredas of First Seed this year.
  • Rivethead318

Posted:
    Posted:
    There are rumors that 2.6.2 will contain content (specifically, the Buccaneer). So don't rule out the possibility that 2.6.2 could be more exciting that just bug fixes.
    If you are new to Star Citizen, please consider using my referral code:

STAR-KP3S-XZ4M

Doing so will earn you 5,000 UEC! Which you can use to buy guns. Or something more practical like a......lamp.
  • RoadkillStew

Posted:
    Edited: by RoadkillStew
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

This is the same thing that was said back in nov\dec about 2.6 & 3.0... and as pointed out that SQ42 & 3.0 share dependencies, SQ42 is not going to be coming out before 3.0.

Lets get 2.6.1 out and live before we keep going on the 3.0 rants. And honestly though.. IT's not even like it's that late to begin with. They were estimating December for 3.0 when they presented it at Gamescon. We got 2.6 in late December. It's not like we got nothing. And it's been barely 6 months since we got 2.5

No...this repeated pattern of being 3-6+ months off each publicly stated 'goal' needs to end. If you measured properly, 2.6.1, which we are waiting on was part of 2.6, putting the complete '2.6' deployment @ 6 months, that'd be 3 months over their own 'corrected' projected cadence.
    photo 300i-ly_zpskwurlr7l.jpg
  • tom5598

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

There are rumors that 2.6.2 will contain content (specifically, the Buccaneer). So don't rule out the possibility that 2.6.2 could be more exciting that just bug fixes.

a new ship is not really considered content, i know it falls under that category technically but no that is not proper content.
    missions, events gamemechanics that is content.
  • Balth124

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

2.6 needed some bug fixing.. Which is happening now since 2.6.1 is still in the PTU. Even if we have a few extra days of PTU and it goes live Monday next week.. It's not that big of a delay.
    3.0 doesn't need to be "polished" for us to get it. Since we're all alpha testers as backers. But I'd rather get a somewhat buggy 3.0 that was not rushed to the extent that it's not playable. I do expect some bugs and some polishing needed the first few weeks we play it
    It's not spring yet. The year is half way into it's SECOND month. People need to stop acting like we're already in Q3 of 2017 and just relax.

And a message to all my fellow Canadians . Tax season is coming soon. Treat yourself nice and get to know your new toy while you wait. Melt it down try something else. That's what I've been doing and plan on doing till I make my finale decision on what ships I want. Now is the time to do this. Set yourself up for how you want to start day one of 3.0

I don't know why everytime someone talk about patches there is always someone pointing out that "we just have the new ones calm down.."

I perfectly know that indeed i'm not blaming or whining that 3.0 isn't alreaady here. I just wanted to know if we're going to have 2.6.2 or later before seeing the 3.0 schedule.

I'm also not complaining about delays of 2.6.1.. indeed i'm happy that this time the patch was almost on time. Can't wait to have it so we can move forward! Also i can't wait to play Star Marine with proper ping :D
  • Chompster

Posted:
    Posted:
    No official word on 2.6.3, that's a pure rumour.

2.6.2 is definitely happening. Mega map is only going to be for singleplayer in 2.6.1 (hangar, free flight), so the MP side of it still needs to be done in 2.6.2.
    |Cutlass|M50|Freelancer MIS|Saber|
    AwesomeCutlassIbackedforin2013.jpg
  • ConfusedMonkeh

Posted:
    Posted:

Also i can't wait to play Star Marine with proper ping :D

Star Marine on the current PTU is a much better experience. Animations have been smoothed and I haven't pinged over 40ms. The new grenade warning thing needs a tweak though, they show up from half a map away. Apart from that it's a much better experience than 2.6.
    k6FGSha.gif

• MaddogK

Posted:
    Posted:
    2.6.1 is to plug holes in the prematurely released 2.6, 2.6.2 is a prep patch for 3.0.

2.6.3 prolly isn't necessary unless 2.6.2 cripples the game prior to 3.0 drop.
    copy-cft-banner-dotless.jpg
    Sorry CIG, Homey don't play golf
  • Wyldshot

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I am getting sick and tired of people treating goals like they were sworn promises.
  • Oktorok

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

I am getting sick and tired of people treating goals like they were sworn promises.
    But he said he would ='(

if he said it, it's obviously a binding oral contract to whomever was listening.

Also:
    -everything should be perfect in it's first iteration, no more reworks, they're a waste of time and money
    -we need CONSTANT communication - we should get a schedule release every 3 hours
    -If CIG breaks any oral agreement, I get my money back, but still get to play the game
    -No more ship releases or art or anything until the game come out, cause obviously, the game doesn't need assets.
    -LTI, Flight model, and Golf swing scanning mechanics - These need to be addressed yesterday
    -Cutlass reowork is awful even though we don't have it yet

I feel like I'm forgetting a bunch, but this is a good start . . .
    /sarcasm (for anyone who may be confused)

P.S. Let me say this is not a personal attack, I'm just taking the worst of the forum stereotypes and making a fun list. If you're offended - i'm not terribly interested =)

29xauzb.png