Pirates Code

Kidnyshotz

Posted:
Edited: by Kidnyshotz
Posted: -
Do we need some kind of code? Something to "guide" our blackhearted brethren? Or do we just use guidelines? Or do we just let them rob and pillage their hearts out until there's nothing left? I will personally be taking everything in sight, unless the person/persons in question are unwilling and in that case need to be taught some manners! Because most pirates just want loot, they don't want blood on there hands. That is the honest ones anyways.
Pirates Code
  1. Do we need a pirates code?166 votes
      Argh, take what you can give nothing back!
      51.20%
    1. Argh, thar be "guidelines"!
      48.80%
  • RUIIN

Posted:
    Posted:
    Who's to respect pirates either way whether there is a code or not? Just my two cents..
  • Profit

Posted:
    Posted:
    Considering 9 out of 10 targets will be NPC, give no quarter.
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Who's to respect pirates either way whether there is a code or not? Just my two cents..

We'll obviously not law abiding citizens, I'm quite sure of that. Maybe other pirates perhaps?
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Considering 9 out of 10 targets will be NPC, give no quarter.

AI yea blow them to hell....other players though? That's where interesting situations arise like in EVE :p
  • SirKyle

Posted:
    Posted:
    If pirates had integrity they wouldn't be pirates in the first place. Pirate codes of honor are a waste of time.
    "Thou shalt respect all weakness, and shalt constitute thyself defender of them" -3rd commandment of chivalry
    KyleSig_zpsfbdc0ezb.gif
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

If pirates had integrity they wouldn't be pirates in the first place. Pirate codes of honor are a waste of time.

To be quite honest most legit pirates live by the code that if they interdict you, demand a share of your cargo and you comply they won't just blast you to hell, they'll usually just let you carry on your way. Well, that is unless you decide to part with your loot then that's when things start to get ugly.
  • John_Terracoat

Posted:
    Edited: by John_Terracoat
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Peeps might keep lists.
    Piwate type A
    Piwate type B

Peeps who know type A can be bought to pass and are willing to pay give money.
    If you are on list B and attack anyway and listkeeper knows, expect a missilerain when still in chatmode making -demands- promises the other person knows you do not intend to keep.
    opwSI4N.pngJuH4b6L.gifeZN34Ru.png
  • Dawnstealer

Posted:
    Posted:
    The whole 9 out of 10 thing makes it rough: I'm hoping NPC pirates will at least attempt to parlay, extort, or, if the target is too big to take on - trade. If they're like the current pirates, who just shoot until either you or they are dead, well...that's kind of boring and unrealistic. If you have a rep as a trader who trades with this pirate clan, I'd hope the NPCs of that clan wouldn't attack you.

Not sure how smart they're going to be, but that's my hope.

For the player pirates, if they have a rep for stealing or extortion, but not outright blowing up every ship they meet, then sure - I'll make a deal, even if I could take them: a potential customer is worth more to me than a dead pirate.

If they have a rep for blowing up every ship they meet? I'll either fight or run - they don't leave me a lot of choice. And damn right I'll come back with some org mates and bounty hunters to clean out the nest.
  • Tsumiki-Akami

Posted:
    Posted:
    pirates shouldn't be glorified, they're nothing but sanctioned griefers. and the players should be regarded as such
    Easy does not mean better, Challenging does not mean impossible.
  • ViKingSmurf

Posted:
    Posted:
    Many have tried and all have failed, you can't try and impose guidelines on all pirates, this game is about freedom, why would I listen to you?

All orgs have their own rules and guidelines and that's the best we can hope for.
    3vnRBa0.png
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

pirates shouldn't be glorified, they're nothing but sanctioned griefers. and the players should be regarded as such

Now this is where I disagree with you. I'm not saying pirates need to be glorified but some pirates actually play the pirate role. Griefers are completely and utterly a different beast entirely. Pirates prey on merchants and traders and demand a share of what someone has worked hard to obtain in exchange to let this person/persons live. (Some people consider this greifing but I assure it is not) Griefers on the other hand find ways to exploit game mechanics to make life completely miserable for other players for no other reason than they think it's cool or funny. The griefers should always be banned and mechanics put in place to make the greifing stop as much as possible. Of course you can never cut out griefers entirely but the main thing is that something is done about it, CIG already knows people like this exist and will continue to try and wall these players off as much as they can. But let me be clear, pirates are not griefers and griefers are not pirates.
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Many have tried and all have failed, you can't try and impose guidelines on all pirates, this game is about freedom, why would I listen to you?

All orgs have their own rules and guidelines and that's the best we can hope for.

Can't ask for much more than that.
  • Tsumiki-Akami

Posted:
    Edited: by Tsumiki-Akami
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

Now this is where I disagree with you. I'm not saying pirates need to be glorified but some pirates actually play the pirate role. Griefers are completely and utterly a different beast entirely. Pirates prey on merchants and traders and demand a share of what someone has worked hard to obtain in exchange to let this person/persons live. (Some peop Pl e consider this greifing but I assure it is not) Griefers on the other hand find ways to exploit game mechanics to make life completely miserable for other players for no other reason than they think it's cool or funny. The griefers should always be banned and mechanics put in place to make the greifing stop as much as possible. Of course you can never cut out griefers entirely but the main thing is that something is done about it, CIG already knows people like this exist and will continue to try and wall these players off as much as they can. But let me be clear, pirates are not griefers and griefers are not pirates.
    grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal
    (in an online game or community) a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment.
  • Hanthos_Taal

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

lol .... respect? pirates are filth, people who play pirates are filth. code or no code .... filth, trash, scum

I hope you never get stuck with multiple pirates demanding your hard earned lootz and the only answer you have for them is "you're trash, get out of my way you filth!"
    lol typical, "wahhh she called me filth .. i need to prove that I'm bigger and badder" ... you're all laughable filth ... deal with it. spawn on my hope ... you get a bullet to the brain, appear infront of my vanguard. ... you get a few nice big missiles in your face, I find your ship in my reclaimer ... say hello to the grinder ...
    Noone said anything about trying to be bigger or badder, I'm just saying that if someone is unwilling to part with cargo then 9 out of 10 times they will get shot at. Which is all in good healthy fun as I don't expect every single citizen out there to part with there hard earned cargo/lootz. But yea, wolves travel in packs don't expect to solo 10-15 pirates, remember itseeing going to take time to move that cargo from your hull into another ship. ^_*
    who said anything about solo? ... or all in good fun? .. lol no ... you try to play nice ... and 'fun' no still getting a bullet to the brain .. anyone who finds their fun and enjoyment at the expense of another .. is filth. there might be game mechanics that support your choice, but you still made that choice, and you should fully expect to be regarded as such. 0 respect is all you'll ever get
    From some people yes, but you'd be surprised how some people react. I'm not trying to play nice, I'm trying to take from someone and expect them not to shoot back? No, but some people prefer to avoid shootouts as do I, I'm fully prepared for an all out fight but if I can turn a profit without wasting a bullet or a life then that's the "choice" I make, there's no money to be made from a dead mark, but not everyone agrees with this style of game play and you seem to be one of them. I look forward to seeing you on the other end of my gimbals.
    Probably should have done a little more research among the hundreds of threads about this nonsense before trying to raise the black and share a rum with Jack Sparrow.

Almost all law abiding are just waiting to blast you into atoms and laugh while they fly off, and the non-law abiding nation care not for any "code" and will chop your bucket up for parts and sell you for beer money to the first slaver they find on Spider.

Good luck...
    E5nKtal.jpg
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Now this is where I disagree with you. I'm not saying pirates need to be glorified but some pirates actually play the pirate role. Griefers are completely and utterly a different beast entirely. Pirates prey on merchants and traders and demand a share of what someone has worked hard to obtain in exchange to let this person/persons live. (Some peop Pl e consider this greifing but I assure it is not) Griefers on the other hand find ways to exploit game mechanics to make life completely miserable for other players for no other reason than they think it's cool or funny. The griefers should always be banned and mechanics put in place to make the greifing stop as much as possible. Of course you can never cut out griefers entirely but the main thing is that something is done about it, CIG already knows people like this exist and will continue to try and wall these players off as much as they can. But let me be clear, pirates are not griefers and griefers are not pirates.
    [hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal
    (in an online game or community) a person who harasses or deliberately provokes other players or members in order to spoil their enjoyment.
    pi·rate

noun

a person who appropriates or reproduces the work of another for profit without permission, usually in contravention of patent or copyright.

a person who attacks and robs ships at sea.

rob or plunder (a ship)

• Tsumiki-Akami

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal
    pi·rate

a person who appropriates or reproduces the work of another for profit without permission, usually in contravention of patent or copyright.

rob or plunder (a ship)

Stealing goods earned by the player becuase "I are piwate and I can" .. is having your fun while spoiling the enjoyment .... that sounds a lot like griefing to me ... game mechanics in place only makes you a Sanctioned Griefer. meaning you are no less a bully ... you're just hiding behind your "waahhh they said I could" nothing more nothing less
  • Menulac

Posted:
    Edited: by Menulac
    Posted:
    Edited:
    nah. pirates.. just talk a lot of smack. some of them call it ''Demanding Cargo'' or similar bullshit

folk gets retarded nowdays, watching too much mangas
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

lol .... respect? pirates are filth, people who play pirates are filth. code or no code .... filth, trash, scum

I hope you never get stuck with multiple pirates demanding your hard earned lootz and the only answer you have for them is "you're trash, get out of my way you filth!"
    lol typical, "wahhh she called me filth .. i need to prove that I'm bigger and badder" ... you're all laughable filth ... deal with it. spawn on my hope ... you get a bullet to the brain, appear infront of my vanguard. ... you get a few nice big missiles in your face, I find your ship in my reclaimer ... say hello to the grinder ...
    Noone said anything about trying to be bigger or badder, I'm just saying that if someone is unwilling to part with cargo then 9 out of 10 times they will get shot at. Which is all in good healthy fun as I don't expect every single citizen out there to part with there hard earned cargo/lootz. But yea, wolves travel in packs don't expect to solo 10-15 pirates, remember itseeing going to take time to move that cargo from your hull into another ship. ^_*
    who said anything about solo? ... or all in good fun? .. lol no ... you try to play nice ... and 'fun' no still getting a bullet to the brain .. anyone who finds their fun and enjoyment at the expense of another .. is filth. there might be game mechanics that support your choice, but you still made that choice, and you should fully expect to be regarded as such. 0 respect is all you'll ever get
    From some people yes, but you'd be surprised how some people react. I'm not trying to play nice, I'm trying to take from someone and expect them not to shoot back? No, but some people prefer to avoid shootouts as do I, I'm fully prepared for an all out fight but if I can turn a profit without wasting a bullet or a life then that's the "choice" I make, there's no money to be made from a dead mark, but not everyone agrees with this style of game play and you seem to be one of them. I look forward to seeing you on the other end of my gimbals.
    Probably should have done a little more research among the hundreds of threads about this nonsense before trying to raise the black and share a rum with Jack Sparrow.

Almost all law abiding are just waiting to blast you into atoms and laugh while they fly off, and the non-law abiding nation care not for any "code" and will chop your bucket up for parts and sell you for beer money to the first slaver they find on Spider.

Good luck...
    All orgs are different I'm not speaking for anyone else other than myself, although I know many who agree with me. I'm not speaking without any kind of unfounded information, this game is about choice and freedom so I say bring it on.
  • Hanthos_Taal

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal
    pi·rate

noun

rob or plunder (a ship)

aka: Criminal, worthy of being shot in the face for possible claim of bounty and just general satisfaction.
    E5nKtal.jpg
  • JRCrichton

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal
    a person who harasses or deliberately provokes

So behavior not unlike what you're doing now.

bvcsorF.pngaBIG3k3.png
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal
    pi·rate

noun

rob or plunder (a ship)

aka: Criminal, worthy of being shot in the face for possible claim of bounty and just general satisfaction.
    Space is big , there are many places to hide in the deep black for all those criminal types out there. The bigger their bounty, the happier they are, I'm sure.
  • Tsumiki-Akami

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal

yes .. give the bullies more ammunition GG ... pray you never wake up on my Hope
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal

I'm not greifing, I'm just explaining my thoughts, how is that greifing please explain?
  • 0bscure

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Do we need some kind of code?

You mean a system of rules that a particular community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties?

...there's a word for that...

...it starts with an "L"...

...and rhymes with "Paw"...

...and there's already plenty I'm pretty sure you could use instead of coding yourself. The developers of them were kind enough to make them open source.
    32391793291_989a87c56b_o.png
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Do we need some kind of code?

You mean a system of rules that a particular community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and may enforce by the imposition of penalties?

...there's a word for that...

...it starts with an "L"...

...and rhymes with "Paw"...

...and there's already plenty I'm pretty sure you could use instead of coding yourself. The developers of them were kind enough to make them open source.
    We'll there's plenty of choice for everyone in this game, some people agree with some choices more than others. Guess most people will just go by the laws there ORGS set in place and go from there.
  • JRCrichton

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal

I'm not greifing, I'm just explaining my
    thoughts, how is that greifing please explain?
    Uh I was defending you. Read again.
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal

yes .. give the bullies more
    ammunition GG ... pray you never
    wake up on my Hope
    Whose behavior is more in line with bullying here? Whose bandying about words like scum and filth? Whose continuing to reiterate the same thing comment after comment?

bvcsorF.pngaBIG3k3.png
  • Manowars

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal
    pi·rate

rob or plunder (a ship)

Stealing goods earned by the player becuase "I are piwate and I can" .. is having your fun while spoiling the enjoyment .... that sounds a lot like griefing to me ... game mechanics in place only makes you a Sanctioned Griefer. meaning you are no less a bully ... you're just hiding behind your "waahhh they said I could" nothing more nothing less
    Now its taking their stuff because its the only way you know how to do things, you think that guy on the street mugging people is surviving off scraps and the few dollars he can steal while trying not to get shot when he could easily have a very high paying job in a nice air conditioned office with free coffee and lunch, he doesn't have a choice its the only thing he knows how to do.
    PURGE THE HERETICS, KILL THE PAGANS!
  • 0bscure

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal

How do you determine motive?

If you can determine motive, what if they're just apathetic to the enjoyment of other players or members? Are they still griefing if they don't care if it spoiled their enjoyment or not?

What if they're doing it in order to give them enjoyment, and are just really bad at doing that? Do good intentions count?
    32391793291_989a87c56b_o.png
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

grief·er
    ˈɡrēfə/
    nouninformal
    pi·rate

rob or plunder (a ship)

There's a fine line between greifing and pirating and no one will ever fully agree on this one way or the other because of different views on the subject but this game is about freedom and I fully expect plenty of orgs and players to hunt down scum like myself and make my/other pirates lives just as miserable. I'm sure I'll get just as good as I give, because it does go both ways, like I said it's all in good fun. To be clear I'm not trying to be toxic just trying to have a healthy/open discussion about a very "Greyed area" topic.
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

nah. pirates.. just talk a lot of smack. some of them call it ''Demanding Cargo'' or similar bullshit

folk gets retarded nowdays, watching too much mangas

Have you never played EVE online?