arena commander 2.6.1B

humanevil

Posted:
Posted: -
i dunno if its due to the flight changes or if its a bug with ESP but the pips seem to dance around the ships again when your trying to target them . are any of you experiancing this ??
"Who has time to read these days? Spreading FUD is way easier. "
iN12tB.jpg
  • Rum

Posted:
    Posted:
    One of the devs already confirmed there is a problem and they will look into. I hope they really do it.
  • humanevil

Posted:
    Posted:
    Rum | Rum said:
    [hide]

One of the devs already confirmed there is a problem and they will look into. I hope they really do it.

ah ok thanks
    iN12tB.jpg
  • Mister_Blastman

Posted:
    Posted:
    Did they address the 300i's lateral thruster bug?
  • humanevil

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I've not checked what was the bug? (I don't own a 300i)

iN12tB.jpg
  • alienwar

Posted:
    Posted:
    I wonder why ESP so easily bugs out. It has done it for a few patches now, and it has been fixed a few times now.
    CpG0fXM.jpg
  • humanevil

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I wonder why ESP so easily bugs out. It has done it for a few patches now, and it has been fixed a few times now.

Could it be to do with changing the speed of the ships ??
    iN12tB.jpg
  • Dizzy_Dalek

Posted:
    Edited: by Dizzy_Dalek
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

i dunno if its due to the flight changes or if its a bug with ESP but the pips seem to dance around the ships again when your trying to target them . are any of you experiancing this ??

Oh yeah, I do. I've always been a bad shot but I'm hitting whole new levels in this regard right now. Flying is way too easy, aiming is far too hard for my liking.

Edit:
    Rum | Rum said:
    [hide]

Great news. :)
    j5gamtiq5/sig_sabre_small.jpg
    Space is a dangerous place, Kevin.
  • BumbleB

Posted:
    Posted:
    @humanevil
    I filed a report on that issue (SC-37496 in the 2.6.1 Issue Council). There is a video filed also showing I think exactly what you are reffering to.
  • Jezzail

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I found it works better with TLI.
    Read all my posts in a loud and angry voice, as if I were writing in all caps, bolded and underlined. Your's sincerely, the worldeater.
  • Dizzy_Dalek

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Flying is way too easy, aiming is far too hard for my liking.

Too easy but a whole lot of fun. My first impressions have been mostly positive.
    j5gamtiq5/sig_sabre_small.jpg
    Space is a dangerous place, Kevin.
  • K-C

Posted:
    Posted:
    Mostly positive on 2.6.1 from me for a change. Those damn gimbals are still way to easy though. Oh and if anyone at CIG reads this. Regional servers are a godsend, it's changed the game for me completely! 260+ ping down to 30! Thank you!!!
  • D-Fives

Posted:
    Posted:
    Glad to see I am not the only one who's lag pips are useless. The ships fly great, but aiming with an unpredictable yoyo as a pip is a whole new level of infuriating.
  • Mr-5

Posted:
    Edited: by Mr-5
    Posted:
    Edited:
    1hr to wave 8 in PS.
    No deaths and I just... quit.

IhVEN5U.png
    "All of these worlds are yours. Except Yela. Attempt no landing there. Use them together. Use them in caution." ~ Anonymous

• Exedore

Posted:
    Posted:
    Played for a few hours in a few ships. Flying an M50 showed me that ESP is actually decent. ESP's goal is to help you keep your sights where you want them and it is doing this. The problem seems to be that placing the pips where you want them does not land shots where the pips are. At a range around 300-500 meters I had to aim my lag pip a whole ship length ahead of a Vanduul to land hits on it with a pair of fixed badgers. Once I calibrated myself to this was a little easier to land hits.

I also noticed that setting a flat curve for a joystick (setting of 1) is way too twitchy. I left roll at 1, set pitch and yaw to 1.8 and strafing to 2.1. This worked really well for me. If you are running a quality joystick you should also remove any dead zone. This will improve your response time significantly.

I am liking the balance if the flight model much better though. It is greatly improved over the last patch. Ship speeds and rotations feel much better balanced for their appropriate roles.
    The best way to not loose your head... is to not loose your head.
  • Solgarmr

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Oh yeah, I do. I've always been a bad shot but I'm hitting whole new levels in this regard right now. Flying is way too easy, aiming is far too hard for my liking.

Edit:
    Rum | Rum said:
    [hide]

Flying should be hard, aiming should be harder. Otherwise we'll end up in a (superhornet/Vanguard .. etc) slugfest of who has the biggest boat and the biggest guns
    Wrarr

Posted:
    Posted:
    Abandon all joysticks ye who enter here...

I played 4 matches with the joystick in arena commander. I couldn't hit anything. 1 kill in 4 matches and close to last positions in all of them.
    I switched to mouse for one match. Ended up being top scorer and winning it, despite spending half the match in the menu setting up the keys. I haven't played with the mouse for well over a year and i was never that good with it, even when i used it.

The difference of time on target between the two controllers is huge.
    Referral Code: STAR-9ZFH-KQG2 1 2 3
  • PhotonPulse

Posted:
    Posted:
    Didn't play much but I noted they added a counter mesure camera. just like the missile camera, but for counter mesure.
    Meh.
  • humanevil

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

@humanevil
    I filed a report on that issue (SC-37496 in the 2.6.1 Issue Council). There is a video filed also showing I think exactly what you are reffering to.

i dunno if it was your post but i managed to find a report that match my issue and i contributed to it
    iN12tB.jpg
  • humanevil

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Edit:
    Rum | Rum said:
    [hide]

Flying should be hard, aiming should be harder. Otherwise we'll end up in a (superhornet/Vanguard .. etc) slugfest of who has the biggest boat and the biggest guns
    well m8 as far as im concerned you can use the pips that run away from the target and the rest of us can use a fixed version then we can talk about having aiming be hard and how great it is
    iN12tB.jpg
  • Mister_Blastman

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

I've not checked what was the bug? (I don't own a 300i)

If you left boost in the 300i even barely, you'll be stuck in permanent left drift because your right lateral thrusters lack the thrust required to slow you down and reverse your course.
  • Jezzail

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Edit:
    Rum | Rum said:
    [hide]

If you're trying to take on a superior fighter your only option to win is to fly better. Achieving this in the SC Newtonesque FM is almost impossible, at least in the fighter class. I have no experience with Multicrew dogfights but I imagine them very boring, must be exclusively jousting.

Making aiming harder doesn't balance anything except nobody hits anymore.

Read all my posts in a loud and angry voice, as if I were writing in all caps, bolded and underlined. Your's sincerely, the worldeater.
  • Malestro

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I played 4 matches with the joystick in arena commander. I couldn't hit anything. 1 kill in 4 matches and close to last positions in all of them.
    I switched to mouse for one match. Ended up being top scorer and winning it, despite spending half the match in the menu setting up the keys. I haven't played with the mouse for well over a year and i was never that good with it, even when i used it.

..seems they made a good balance right now....GJ CIG!

N85pXpz.png

• Capt_Space_Ghost

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Didn't play much but I noted they added a counter mesure camera. just like the missile camera, but for counter mesure.
    Meh.

?? That's a joke right ?

• El_Furious_Gato

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Good to know I was not going crazy after all. The flight changes are good but boy is ESP screwed the hell up. I guess all we can do is hope they fix it. Right now it absolutely suck flying with a joystick in 2.6.1B PTU.

LTrsqso.jpg
  • PorkyPine666

Posted:
    Edited: by PorkyPine666
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

@LockeD The top 5 pilots in BR in PTU 2.6.1b right now are all joystick pilots...
    "We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training." - Archilochus
  • Kidnyshotz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Couldn't tell, one shot from the s5's and there space dust. :p
  • Corwinsk

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Edit:
    Rum | Rum said:
    [hide]

How hard should it be, you reckon? Pips not aligning with targets and us having to fire at arbitrary spots around the targets to find where the REAL target is, probably isn't enough. How about we remove the pips altogether. And of course make the most efficient lasers possible, which would have no scattering and are practically invisible in vacuum. Ballistic should be invisible too, because of course they are irl. How about that? Would that be hard enough?
    pTeTvSi.jpg

• El_Furious_Gato

Posted:
    Posted:
    This is exactly what I experience.

LTrsqso.jpg
  • Jezzail

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

This is exactly what I experience.

0.jpg

SC is band-AIDS-positive.

Do you play Rocketleague? Feel like I saw you the other day.
  • Lexx_HF

Posted:
    Posted:
    Video is exactly what I experienced. I just stopped playing...painful.