Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB

is it run?

Thanks.
  • Kuroiken

Posted:
    Posted:
    I downloaded and ran last night on boot camp (waiting for final release before buying a dedicated game machine) and it was very laggy.

My system is i7 with the 4mb Radeon m395x so I would guess that yours will run but you'll need to set the graphics at their lowest and reduce the resolution.
  • HouseOrdos

Posted:
    Posted:
    Don't expect it to run well until about release time as this is a buggy true alpha with not much optimization.
    Before you spend money on the game, use a Referral Code to receive a free 5,000 UEC (in game money).

Here is my own code if you do not have one, STAR-CSW3-DJCQ
  • FeeSeize

Posted:
    Posted:
    It will run.

If you google User.cfg for Star Citizen you can find out how to turn off things like motion blur to improve the framerate, but the PU (Crusader) is limited by the netcode so you're not going to be able to get great performance.
    Shitposting uplifts the world. —Fee Seize : Discordorglogo.jpg
  • The_Space_Explorer

Posted:
    Posted:
    will run, expect a fps boost when 3.0 drops but before that ...
    ---> STAR-73VR-ZP5P <---
  • GreySix

Posted:
    Edited: by GreySix
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I've got two Mac Pros - one an older 2010 variant with upgrades (including two 1TB SSDs), and another the newer 2014 variant that looks like a cylinder. Can run SC both machines via Windows 10 on Boot Camp (the older variant with an upgraded GPU), and both run the game okay.

The newer one finds game-play in the cockpit to be unacceptably low in FPS, which against other players leads to one's quick and inglorious death.

The older one allows my character to fly fine in the cockpit, though some of the other graphics can be a bit fuzzy (character climbing out of the bunk or cockpit for example).

So, got an ASUS G752VM gaming laptop from a Navy Exchange, and the game runs beautifully in all aspects on the highest settings. Added an M.2 PCIe 1TB SSD, so the game is now smooth as butter.
    html>
  • master-young

Posted:
    Posted:
    Reginbeu:
    [hide]

CPU:

Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 3,4 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 4
    L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory:

32 GB | DDR3 | 1600 MHz

GPU:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 2048 MB

is it run?

Thanks.

Those specs are good to run it but just like everyone said dont expect it to be smooth till it is released but just enoy it for now!
    ADIClan
  • thingamajig

Posted:
    Posted:
    Generally speaking, virtual desktops are always going to have a decent amount less performance then a dedicated computer with the same stats.

I'm not sure which I5 specifically you have, cause generations definitely make a difference but most should be okay unless you have a very early generation one (like first or second).

Your graphics card is a little on the low side as well, so with a virtual desktop, you'll probably always experience some low fps. The netcode will improve overall performance, but it's also going to add a lot to the game so the requirements of our graphics cards have a possibility of increasing.

Overall it should play, but just take this into consideration before making a purchase.
    photo FracGamingRSIBanner.png
  • GOEI

Posted:
    Posted:
    I've checked it on the "old" iMac with the nVdia Chipset - you have to reduce the resolution (2560x1440 won't really work with the 775M) and the detail level.
    With the "new" iMac (i7 + 395X) it runs good but not on 5K.

With my "oldest" MacPro (Late 2012) it runs very smooth (2x Xeon 5690, 3x nVidia Titan X, 4x 2 TB SSD, 96 GB RAM).
    With the new MacPro (Late 2015) it runs good at 2560x1440 (1x Xeon i5, 2x AMD D700, 1x 2TB SSD, 64 GB RAM)
  • thingamajig

Posted:
    Edited: by thingamajig
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

I've checked it on the "old" iMac with the nVdia Chipset - you have to reduce the resolution (2560x1440 won't really work with the 775M) and the detail level.

With my "oldest" MacPro (Late 2012) it runs very smooth (2x Xeon 5690, 3x nVidia Titan X, 4x 2 TB SSD, 96 GB RAM).
    With the new MacPro (Late 2015) it runs good at 2560x1440 (1x Xeon i5, 2x AMD D700, 1x 2TB SSD, 64 GB RAM)

Sounds to me like you're trying to game off of a Mac server, not a MacPro, or at the very least one of those "server extenders" @GOEI

Either that or you made up specs to sound impressive.

Edit: talking about the "old" one listed here though btw, since the Titan X wasn't even a thing until March of 2015, and same with 2 TB SSD's
    photo FracGamingRSIBanner.png
  • TheNOOBIFIER

Posted:
    Edited: by TheNOOBIFIER
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I will say that it will throttle very quick and degrade.

MAC is not known for its cooling and that graphics card is not strong.

It will start out "OK" and then go to "Not ok"
    Click
  • GOEI

Posted:
    Edited: by GOEI
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

Sounds to me like you're trying to game off of a Mac server, not a MacPro, or at the very least one of those "server extenders" @GOEI

Either that or you made up specs to sound impressive.

Edit: talking about the "old" one listed here though btw, since the Titan X wasn't even a thing until March of 2015, and same with 2 TB SSD's
    Well, it is the "Tower" Mac Pro - and of course i use one of the Extenders (didn't i mentioned this?) and of course i upgrade all my systems regularly - there is neither the original CPU in it anymore nor the original HDDs with it's raid card (the apple raid card does not support SSD).

Edit: btw. that's the reason why this MacPro was one of the most flexible Mac Computers they build - you could more or less freely interchange and upgrade your system - an advantage the new one lacks.
  • Lord_Savage

Posted:
    Posted:
    Chris Roberts has criticized Apple for not being very PC game friendly.
    "I am the hope o' the universe, I am the answer to ALL living things who cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... a dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!"
  • Starlin

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Which is kind of hilarious now that they run intel hardware on Apple machines.
    "The ship stats page is always wrong. If for some reason it is right, then it will warp reality until it is wrong again." -Manic
    "An object at rest, cannot be stopped!" - The Evil Midnight Bomber (What Bombs at Midnight!)
  • Lord_Savage

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Which is kind of hilarious now that they run intel hardware on Apple machines.
    yup

http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gamers-guide-to-gaming-on-a-mac/

"I am the hope o' the universe, I am the answer to ALL living things who cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... a dream to some, a NIGHTMARE to others!"
  • WhiteMagic

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thread closed as the original question received answers and the thread is now turning into a generic discussion, which this forum is not the place for.
    "There is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Purple replies are moderator replies.

This discussion has been closed.