What are your favorite systems and what will be your home system?

TheOutrider

Posted:
Edited: by TheOutrider
Posted: -
I have found myself learning a lot about the various systems in Star Citizen. It has gotten to a point where I like too many and I need to pick favorites for future reference as a home system. I'll list a few and why I like them!! YOU CAN DO THE SAME :DDDDDDDDD

Helios
I like to mention this one a lot because it really has some interesting planets in it. One to take note of is Helios II, a planet covered in water! I love this because I get Interstellar and Subnautica vibes just from looking at concept art and what they're trying to accomplish with system. Helios II could be a great base of operations. Waking up and gazing out the window to an enormous wave looming far away would look so cool!

Tamsa
I have a knack for black holes because they are explored so differently in all times of science fiction. We have no idea at all what is inside them and I hope Star Citizen does a great job at explaining what they think it is like. We also have 2 planets that are steadily orbiting their FORMER parent star as they wait for their ultimate doom. I'd love to land on the closest planet and potentially make that my base of operations. If I'm an Outlaw, I'll be there. It'd be a little lonely though.

Pyro
Now I love this system because CIG has already shown how beautiful it MAY look. Remember dying star? Yeah, that planet you see with its core open could be in the games PU. Even if it isn't, the idea of a star ripping apart its orbiting planets in a final bang before all out supernova is just TOO BAD ASS! Getting an asteroid hanger kinda like the one found of the map dying star would really be something. Here would be a great hideout for ship stealing. I imagine myself getting an entire hangar full of stolen ships to show off like a trophy room.

Banshee
This is a relatively new system and it reflects my home system in Elite Dangerous! There is a pulsar in the center of this solar system and it will most likely really look dandy! Good station placement and some hefty planets and I have myself a place for a spy!

Hades
There is one thing that I like about this system and it's the planet torn in half. Devs also talked about ghosts or something and I really like paranormal stuff (SPACE GHOST LOLOLOL).
spaceghost_0.jpg

What are your favorite systems and why?? @Grafton, how about you?
NO ONE SLEEPS WITH MY GRANDMOTHER! - Space Ghost
256187-space-ghost-coast-to-coast-space-
  • Connor_Hudson

Posted:
    Edited: by Connor_Hudson
    Posted:
    Edited:
    all depends on when and how we can choose our starter planets. But I'd be spliting my assets around. And depending on when we and how long it takes to make enough cash to be able to get extra storage/hangar space on other systems later on. But I'd be at Arcorp and Dalemar at the start. Then take it as I progress later I guess... see what my options are and what I explore and fall in love with for a Kuhlin's fortress of solitude. Stick tot he placves I know for now.. Maybe Ashana in the Null system.. too many possibilities.. Plus I could find something else later on that I like even more. Never know.
    My odds of navigating through an asteroid field are WAY better then 3720 to 1...Just sayin'
  • Kefeinzel

Posted:
    Potential home planets are Helios and whatever the exclusive original backer planet is.
    890 Jump, Vanguard, Hurricane, Gladiator - Site Beta tester - Org tester - Original 250 DFM tester - Golden Ticket holder - http://web.archive.org/web/20121229173010/http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/the-pledge
  • Nooice

Posted:
    Posted:
    It's hard to know what any of them will be like or what we can do there, I mean... who is Grafton?
  • Midnight_Wolf

Posted:
    Posted:
    I keep changing my mind every time a new video gets released. XD

The Banshee System definitely looks like a good place for space truckers, what with all that mining going on.
    Starfarer Gemini (x2) │ Andromeda │ Vanguard │ Gladius │ Freelancer MIS
  • MaddogK

Posted:
    Edited: by MaddogK
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Banshee FTW, been waiting for over 2 years for info on this world.
    copy-cft-banner-dotless.jpg
    Sorry CIG, Homey don't play golf
  • grafton

Posted:
    Cheers for the callout, @TheOutrider! I don't know that I've picked a favorite system or even several. I'm waiting to experience them in game before I decide. I like something about almost every system CIG have told us about, though, and that's a good sign in my book. Even good, ol' Sol will have some interesting features to explore and since I will likely start on Earth, that's excellent news for me! I am looking forward to Min, though, the rogue planet “system”:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap?location=MIN.PLANETS.MINI&system=MIN&camera=102.07,-2.7,0.0003,0,0

and Nul, Nul should veeeeeeery eenteresting! ;)

Cheers!
    In all the wide 'verse, there's none like me.
    (image courtesy of Aeonmoon)
    Grafton%20Logo%20from%20Aeonmoon_zpscf49
  • Manowars

Posted:
    Posted:
    Cathcart, duh...
    PURGE THE HERETICS, KILL THE PAGANS!
  • Connor_Hudson

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'd be sticking to UEE and neutral space till I get to know more of the galaxy. Then start venturing out to the unknown.
    My odds of navigating through an asteroid field are WAY better then 3720 to 1...Just sayin'
  • CenturionC4

Posted:
    Posted:
    Haydes sounds really cool. I want to experience space ghosts!
    "United we stand, Divided we fall"
    Referral Code: STAR-3V3K-6B54
  • FH042

Posted:
    Posted:
    I hope I will be able to do a lot.
    I intend to some trading as well as salvage combined with combat maybe even S&R Planetside. I'd like to be part of a mining crew at least as well and I would like to visit a endeavour.

As for the systems I can't really answer as I didn't care too much about them. I don't want to spoil myself you know ? I know there are certain things out in the rim but I don't recognise them by name.
  • Dizzy_Dalek

Posted:
    Edited: by Dizzy_Dalek
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Born in Cathcart (Spider), raised in Terra (Prime). Home will be my Endeavor.

Edit: Can't name my favorite system yet. Need to visit them all first.
    Sig_Buccaneer.jpg
    Space is a dangerous place, Kevin.
  • Scian

Posted:
    Posted:
    I guess Hades sounds the most interesting to me. Flying around it in a Terrapin doing science and discovering the mysteries of a vanished race in a hazardous system could be fun. Caliban in a Vanguard might also be fun depending on how the resistence is structured.
  • Skynight

Posted:
    Posted:
    Home is Terra...

Favorite system? Havent decided yet... Either that pulsar system or the one with blackhole... Something I can study.
    hcnJ0gK.jpg
    UEE Citizen Record #14729
  • JRCrichton

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hades system. I have a feeling we as players will be adding a lot more corpses to this graveyard of a star system.

I know the system my first character was born in but I have no idea where I'll be based out of.
    bvcsorF.pngaBIG3k3.png
  • GrimJim

Posted:
    Posted:
    I aim to be the traveling Nomad my ship is my home. I have ties to my Org and friends but yea i hope the Banu MM has enough facilities to live out of for the traveling man. If not we're going to f,king mars dude.
    Death to all who oppose us.
  • 0bscure

Posted:
    Edited: by 0bscure
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I've got my eye on Magnus. It's a strong central location with jump points to Elis, a massive trade lane, Terra, a major core system of the UEE, and Stanton, a wealthy system with a big economy. It's a system in which criminals will frequently go to ground on Borea. Not saying I'll call it home, but I'll likely keep rent on a grimy studio apartment there to use as a safe house filled with plenty of guns, armor, and ammo to do whatever wet work the Empire commands.

It may not be my home, but for a blood thirsty Bounty Hunter, it's going to be teeming with pay days.
    32391793291_989a87c56b_o.png
  • ForgerOfEmpires

Posted:
    Posted:
    Horus. Just a jump away from a couple of the most interesting Xi'an systems, and featuring a tidally locked habitable planet where everyone lives along the eternal twilight zone of the terminator line.
    omjSmi5.png; title=
  • Klix

Posted:
    Posted:
    That's for me to know and you to find out. :)
  • Skytide

Posted:
    Posted:
    I will likely avoid human and pirate systems like cancer. Anything alien or dark fringes of space would make my cup of soup.
    1454341667-reclaimer-railgun.png
  • SuburbanFox

Posted:
    Posted:
    Vega is my home system. I spent my entire childhood on Aremis, went to naval college and did all of my training and studying there. First time I left Vega was when I was posted to a squadron. That reminds me, I need to get back in time for the next cargolympics!

Stanton is where I've been spending most of my time post-navy. I met a guy from there who told me about its potential for freelance work, so I've been staying at Port Olisar, renting a hangar for my new ship.

Sol is definitely on my list of places to visit. It's the ancestral home of our kind, who wouldn't want to see it at least once?

Might be worth seeing some of the first discovered systems as well, like Croshaw etc, simply for their historical value.

Ellis, that's another one... I'm planning to go and see the races at least once.

As for Terra... I'm not going anywhere near that system. Although I'm sure it would be nice if there weren't any Terrans. :-p
    Ludacris fools!
  • AlanFord

Posted:
    Posted:
    Rihlah, you ley.
    Novhag_zpsokashio3.jpg
  • Horus

Posted:
    Edited: by Horus
    Posted:
    Edited:
    @TheOutrider
    Horus of course. Although it seems kinda empty, could also be because it might not be fully explored?
  • Wraithwing

Posted:
    Posted:
    Nemo & Oya for me

Nemo is host to a habitated waterworld "Ergo", covered completely in oceans.

Oya, is host to a sovereign Xian world, within and still controlled by the UEE.
  • Mortain

Posted:
    Posted:
    Geddon
    if you complain about my Grammar Or lack there Of im going to stop Using spaces
    html>
  • TheOutrider

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Nemo & Oya for me

Nemo is host to a habitated waterworld "Ergo", covered completely in oceans.

Oya, is host to a sovereign Xian world, within and still controlled by the UEE.

Ergo isn't better than Helios II
    NO ONE SLEEPS WITH MY GRANDMOTHER! - Space Ghost
    256187-space-ghost-coast-to-coast-space-
  • KeithStorm

Posted:
    Posted:
    Most interesting Home worlds to me are Vega, Corel, Kiel, Croshaw and Elysium
    Most interesting are Lier, Oberon, Hades,Tyrol, Gurzil, Yulin, Tal, Helios, Orion, Tiber and Geddon
  • HouseOrdos

Posted:
    Posted:
    I cannot recall the name of it, but I enjoyed the system which has that neutron pulsar sun. I like pretty lights and colors.
    Before you spend money on the game, use a Referral Code to receive a free 5,000 UEC (in game money).

Here is my own code if you do not have one, STAR-CSW3-DJCQ
  • Thylbana

Posted:
    Posted:
    latest?cb=20130420010504
    Terra. My home.
    9BTAGc2.jpg
  • InZtinct

Posted:
    Posted:
    Could someone give me an answer where I find a design post or something similiar, that gives me a look on how the placement of the hangars in your home world works? Especially on the VFG Industrial. I want to have a hidden base in the depths of an asteroid field and I am looking for a place to start. I would be glad to get information therefor. Thanks in advance!