LTI/Insurance void in NULL SEC areas? Free Hangar for everyone?

• Dart

Posted:
    Posted:
    Great post, need more of these around some other topics I think :)
    eZQ4Z3X.png
  • HardRock

Posted:
    Edited: by HardRock
    Posted:
    Edited:
    BRooDJeRo:
    [hide]

are the extra modules with LTI ship packs actually insured with that same LTI? From what i found sofar, it's most likely not. Once shot, modules are gone. I could have missed something and be wrong though.

To me, Rob's post imply that the LTI for pledge ships cover everything, including the modules. If not, then just dock with a station and after that it should. :)

EDIT: Just realized that you meant the modules individually. As far as I know, you can repair individual modules if they get damaged. Insurance only come into play if your ship is destroyed.
    Unofficial Star Citizen Soundtrack: http://goo.gl/TJgHun
  • Ciudadano_Uno

Posted:
    Edited: by Ciudadano_Uno
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Any module different from original ones is not covered by LTI. You've got to buy an tandard insurance for it.

Salu2 :)
    Star Citizen's hispanic community
    ciudest_logo.png
  • PoloniumFist

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

As Chris has said before, particularly on the original FAQ

To people with questions; Read the FAQ! Rather unsurprisingly it contains answers to frequently asked questions, such as this the one this thread asks. There is also the Guide to Star Citizen (aka summary of lore interviews and everything) 2.0
    [hide]

original parts (not overclocked parts) .

I void warranties
    [hide]

(It takes much longer to get your check for running your car into a bridge than it does for getting hail damage on the same car...)

I crashed by car into a bridge. You could say I'm generally pretty apathetic about the whole thing.
    [hide]

Thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm,

Rob

Thanks Rob
    May the Light guide you
  • TheNamelessOne

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

As Chris has said before, particularly on the original FAQ

To people with questions; Read the FAQ! Rather unsurprisingly it contains answers to frequently asked questions, such as this the one this thread asks. There is also the Guide to Star Citizen (aka summary of lore interviews and everything) 2.0
    [hide]

original parts (not overclocked parts) .

I void warranties
    [hide]

(It takes much longer to get your check for running your car into a bridge than it does for getting hail damage on the same car...)

I crashed by car into a bridge. You could say I'm generally pretty apathetic about the whole thing.

They did too. But I'm getting the impression they don't care. I think they still love it though.

0.jpg

Must be a coincidence.
  • Owosci

Posted:
    Posted:
    BRooDJeRo:
    [hide]

It's most likely been answered somewhere already. Search returned with negative results, but are the extra modules with LTI ship packs actually insured with that same LTI? From what i found sofar, it's most likely not. Once shot, modules are gone. I could have missed something and be wrong though.

If you buy a 350r (racer version) of the 300 series for example, the LTI/insurance is for a 350r and not a 300. So when your ship gets blown up it you will get a new 350r. Generally all of the modules the ship hull comes with are covered. Any upgrades above and beyond that will not be.

• TethRazor

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

[hide]

I could have sworn the devs already stated that Hull insurance (standard or LTI) will be in effect in null-sec areas / lawless space / etc.

That the only difference between standard hull and lti-hull is that LTI is not paying a nominal fee every month or whatever.

And that going into lawless space will merely mean your weapon/gear and cargo insurance will not work. So you can't insure those awesome guns + shields before going into lawless space: if you blow up there then that kit is gone.

This, a thousand times this. They have said it, you can't lose your hull if it is insured with LTI or regular hull insurance.
    Get a subscription and stop talking like an ignorant.

I just don't like CIG changing the rules without telling the community. WE all trust Chris to a large extent but some of these shady shiftings should be more publicized, such actually having an official FAQ section. Because people are pledging their hard earned money based on shifting sands, and that is just not right.

Please read more about this here:
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/23576/one-copy-of-game-per-account-multiple-pledge-packages#latest
    You Sir Mr. Zephyr are the ignorant here. Leaking subscriber content in the general chat and then also... as if this was not enough yet:
    [hide]

Well, maybe you should subscribe to JP8... or get them another way since some ppl have been distributing them illegally. And read the big read box noting/warning of an exception to the rule.

Permadeath of a character is inconsequential really in this game, because as CR said. your character is your SHIP. that is why insurance is so importance. u can always get more characters, but ur equipment loss is permanent.

This reminds me of old text based MUDs where if u die, u suffer a small % loss to stats, but lose all of your characters equipment.

encouraging people to get subscribers content wether it being illegal or not. Are you aware what you are doing here?
    Wasting my time and money. Stirring up stupid discussions about hard earned money.

Why should the game for the people with LTI be different than for those without LTI? Why should someone with LTI be allowed to ram and terrorize other players, why should LTI allow you to ride your vehicle into the sun without consequence and why is it necessary for someone with LTI to fly into a no fly area? WHY?

If LTI isnt handled like a normal (just free) insurance, I see griefing and abuse since even the OP isnt able to keep things restricted to subscribers area but prefers to act like a kid freaking out because mum took his console away, what will happen ingame if someone with unrestricted LTI doesnt get his ways? He will in the end just use the ship as a ramrod because he can. He will get his ship back, while the poor guy who was probably the better pilot but with no LTI will look like an idiot.

What will stop this abuse you are worried about is the time it takes to get your new LTI ship. I cant remember where I seen this, but I read that when you get blown up in a LTI ship there is a waiting time before you get a new one. This wait time is deferent for each ship, a smaller ship has less of a wait compared to a larger ship, but a wait none the less.

This adds a consequence to your actions and stops people from instantly undocking to ram you with a new LTI ship.
  • TigerClaw

Posted:
    Edited: by TigerClaw
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Thank you, Rob, for clearing things up(Not that it wasn't already clear, despite peoples' desire to add endless speculation where it wasn't needed). With all the thousands of details you have to keep track of, we appreciate you taking the time to clarify this point(again).

It just shows we backed a great team that cares enough to create something truly original and shares its creation with all of us.

So, please guys, think(and read) before you post.
    sc_bwcsigs_solaria.png
  • Fluffinator

Posted:
    Posted:
    It has been confimed that the article was just fiction for fun. That place will not void your hull insurance.
  • KineticImpulser

Posted:
    Posted:
    I view hull insurance as a "ship death penalty" mechanic.

I spawn in my hangar. I tweak my engines, swap out some guns, load some cargo. I take off. The game logs my loadout.

I spawn in comfy space. I pilot my ship through space and trade my cargo for some credits. I point my ship to a jump point to un-comfy space. The game logs my loadout.

I spawn in un-comfy space. I get blowed up real good. The game logs my loadout.

The "spaceman death penalty" does its thing and I wake up somewhere with robot fingers.

The "ship death penalty" mechanic goes to work. The algorithm has at least three different loadout logs it can pull from. It can apply scaling factors for condition and quality of gear, type of cargo, original spawn location, location at death, in-game warning about travel conditions in effect at the time of death, proximate cause of ship's destruction, in-game likelihood of an NPC "insurance agent" recovering a black box (HINT HINT MISSION DESIGNERS), ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Bottom line: the final output of the algorithm is a number or set that dictates where you are in the queue for a replacement. That's the motive to keep your nose clean and fly on the straight and narrow.

Other Bottom Line: The insurance mechanic contains HUGE amounts of raw gameplay possibilities. I only gave a tiny hint at the possibilities above. I'm sure the guys that do this for a living have many more ideas.

• Stitch

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Hi, folks. A lot of contention here, so I just wanted to step in and clarify a few things, since this post has generated a lot of traffic.

First of all, let's get one thing clear. Lifetime insurance is the same as regular hull insurance, with the added benefit that you don't have to re-up it when it expires, because it doesn't. Lifetime insurance gives you something that newer players won't have: insurance that you don't have to worry about renewing. It doesn't give you anything that they cannot get by purchasing normal policies. (Thanks to Roquen, Moses Baxter and others for pointing this out...)

As Chris has said before, particularly on the original FAQ, hull insurance does work in any situation, even dangerous areas. As also stated, this is the replacement value of the original hull and original parts (not overclocked parts) in the condition that they were last docked.

That being said, insurance policies (lifetime or otherwise) will not be instant "get out of jail free" cards. It takes time for ships to be replaced, particularly larger ones. So treating a ship like something special that you have worked hard for is a reasonable approach. Continued abuse of insurance coverage could very well result in longer replacement times, as the insurance company needs to verify that no abuse is taking place. (It takes much longer to get your check for running your car into a bridge than it does for getting hail damage on the same car...)

Sometimes things get put into our fictional pieces that get people concerned. In this case, the post talks about a planet that has no landing zones and no value for approaching, and the fiction was just amped up to emphasise the danger of a world that is really just set dressing in the midst of our universe. We always try to be careful with our words, even in fiction, but sometimes we just get a bit carried away.

We apologize if this made the situation unclear.

Rob

Thanks for clarifying that for us, greatly appreciated =)

Stitch
    bild.jpg
  • HardRock

Posted:
    Edited: by HardRock
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

It has been confimed that the article was just fiction for fun. That place will not void your hull insurance.

That's probably only kinda true. While those system won't void our hull insurance (LTI or limited), Rob did link to the old insurance FAQ, so I guess it still serves as a good source of information.

That FAQ has some details about a risk system that comes into play for ship upgrade and cargo insurance and it also says that in systems above risk level 5 we won't be able to insure those parts of our ship. I think the mentions of uninsurable space in the fictions are really about this risk system. The reason why I think this is that in JP2 the [REDACTED] system is explicitly said to have a risk level of 6.

Or it's all just fiction... Nevertheless, I'd still very much like to see a system like this in-game, because I think it will be an economic necessity.
    Unofficial Star Citizen Soundtrack: http://goo.gl/TJgHun
  • Armin

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Just peace out everyone and next time you get an inkling of something you're not sure about .... ASK. Then wait for an answer. Don't assume and argue against your assumptions. :-)

Some people just want to watch the world burn...even if it is virtual.
    Actually, it's not that bad. People just always want to be right and have a hard time backing down from an argument and can't refrain from proselytising their point-of-view.

Just look at public institutions which closely resemble such a forum. Like a parliament, or a court of law, or some form of tribunal. The people who voice an opinion there are typically subject to a set of rules in regards to how long and how much they may voice that opinion. Otherwise you'd never get anything done!

So because an internet forum enforces no rules about discussion length, frequency or quantity, some people think it's okay to ram their more-or-less useful opinions down everyone else's throat and/or filibuster the discussion until the sane few give up and are forced to concede by virtue of sheer hopelessness and despair.

Personally I think it's pointless to try to argue much on here past a first post. I trust that the devs will grant the sane few to sway them a little in areas of contention but overall are true to their and CR's vision which I believe will yield us a product to entertain us for years to come.

-Armin

• Fai

Posted:
    Posted:
    Finally this has been adressed properly by CIG. If anyone else brings this topic up again I am going to throw myself off a cliff yelling "Faith in humanity — LOST!" :P
    Imperium Recruitment
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Hi, folks. A lot of contention here, so I just wanted to step in and clarify a few things, since this post has generated a lot of traffic.

First of all, let's get one thing clear. Lifetime insurance is the same as regular hull insurance, with the added benefit that you don't have to re-up it when it expires, because it doesn't. Lifetime insurance gives you something that newer players won't have: insurance that you don't have to worry about renewing. It doesn't give you anything that they cannot get by purchasing normal policies. (Thanks to Roquen, Moses Baxter and others for pointing this out...)

As Chris has said before, particularly on the original FAQ, hull insurance does work in any situation, even dangerous areas. As also stated, this is the replacement value of the original hull and original parts (not overclocked parts) in the condition that they were last docked.

That being said, insurance policies (lifetime or otherwise) will not be instant "get out of jail free" cards. It takes time for ships to be replaced, particularly larger ones. So treating a ship like something special that you have worked hard for is a reasonable approach. Continued abuse of insurance coverage could very well result in longer replacement times, as the insurance company needs to verify that no abuse is taking place. (It takes much longer to get your check for running your car into a bridge than it does for getting hail damage on the same car...)

Sometimes things get put into our fictional pieces that get people concerned. In this case, the post talks about a planet that has no landing zones and no value for approaching, and the fiction was just amped up to emphasise the danger of a world that is really just set dressing in the midst of our universe. We always try to be careful with our words, even in fiction, but sometimes we just get a bit carried away.

Rob

Thanks for the clarification! I hope the rest of your week goes without forum-blowy-uppy incident! =D
    Join the 73rd!
    Without Victory, there can be no Survival! Bishop for Imperator!
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

uh, the number one reason people pledged was to give Chris Roberts the money he needed to make the game he wants to make.

However, "some" people here are saying that the number one reason they pledged was for LTI.

To those people i say, What have you done to help this community other than discuss LTI endlessly.

It is and is used as a selling point and incentive in packages. The OB/Vets have used it to exclude others and it is their attitude and the gimmie gimmie you owe me that is the issue.Until it is removed as an incentive from the package it will remain a contentious issue.
    The toxic attitude is causing harm. and you are right the game doesnt need any more money and any reason to pledge should be removed.

WHEN have OB's/vets used it to exclude people? Show me examples. And not just a single outlier. I need lots. I need to see a consistent pattern from around a hundred thousand people.
    Join the 73rd!
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I spawn in my hangar. I tweak my engines, swap out some guns, load some cargo. I take off. The game logs my loadout.

I spawn in comfy space. I pilot my ship through space and trade my cargo for some credits. I point my ship to a jump point to un-comfy space. The game logs my loadout.

The "spaceman death penalty" does its thing and I wake up somewhere with robot fingers.

The "ship death penalty" mechanic goes to work. The algorithm has at least three different loadout logs it can pull from. It can apply scaling factors for condition and quality of gear, type of cargo, original spawn location, location at death, in-game warning about travel conditions in effect at the time of death, proximate cause of ship's destruction, in-game likelihood of an NPC "insurance agent" recovering a black box (HINT HINT MISSION DESIGNERS), ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Bottom line: the final output of the algorithm is a number or set that dictates where you are in the queue for a replacement. That's the motive to keep your nose clean and fly on the straight and narrow.

Other Bottom Line: The insurance mechanic contains HUGE amounts of raw gameplay possibilities. I only gave a tiny hint at the possibilities above. I'm sure the guys that do this for a living have many more ideas.

You, sir, think! One internets for you!
    Join the 73rd!
  • Watchdog

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

As far as I understand it, you are not entirely right.

When you lose your ship, the replacement will come in the same condition as when you last undocked. Not jumped. Undocked.
    I support PvA: Player vs All (PvP and PvE seamlessly and dynamically combined together).

Image Descripton
  • Alexander_Sixx

Posted:
    Edited: by Alexander_Sixx
    Posted:
    Edited:
    ...so... seems there will be 2 prices on ships sold between players in the game: ships with no insurance, and ships with LTI coverage... also (relating to the EVE analogy in the headline), scamming said ship prices might be viable.
  • TRush

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Hull is always covered * , you are confused with cargo/modules insurance .

* LTI or ingame hull insurance are EXACTLY the same .

too much to read, suffice to say that there are numerous threads on this. Developers have stated that insurance wont cover all areas of space. I'm going to find those links
  • Astron

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

too much to read, suffice to say that there are numerous threads on this. Developers have stated that insurance wont cover all areas of space. I'm going to find those links
    Except hull insurance, which they have clarified is always valid. Everywhere.
  • SilverBullet

On Probation
    Posted:
    Edited: by SilverBullet
    On Probation
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Except hull insurance, which they have clarified is always valid. Everywhere.
    Exactly, already mentioned by a developer that the lore was taken out of context and that every insured ship entering Cathcart etc will have their hull (and I think the original weapons set-up from the LTI packages) reimbursed if you lose your ship.

Very understandable that people get confused, goes to show that not everything you read or see can be believed.
  • Captain_Harlock

Posted:
    Edited: by Captain_Harlock
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Rob

Re-posting this just in case anyone missed the official answer.

• Dudu

Posted:
    Posted:
    omg..... not again.......
    I troll better than a blonde.
    And for your info, blondes are PRO trollers
  • Owosci

Posted:
    Posted:
    Some Insurance References

There is an insurance section in here

This is about LTI

Highlights below.

Lifetime Insurance
    *Replaces your ship hull in the event of destruction or theft.
    Hull is replaced with an identical model in equivalent condition.
    Effective indefinitely with no additional in-game fee.

Standard Hull Insurance
    *Replaces your ship hull in the event of destruction or theft.
    Hull is replaced with an identical model in equivalent condition.
    Effective for a set period of time: currently one, three or six months.
    Must be renewed with in-game credits once expired.

* Insurance claims may be denied in cases of proven fraud.

Some of the additional policies like upgrade or cargo insurance will be rated based on risk levels. Risk level 1 being the safest systems and risk level 5 being the most dangerous system that is insurable for cargo or upgrades. Any risk level over 5 is un-insurable. A risk 3 policy for cargo will cover you for all cargo losses in a risk 3 system or below. The higher the risk level of the policy the more it will cost. As with the base insurance this will not be crippling financially but instead be a reasonable running cost that relates to the risk / reward profile of the systems flown.

What will you do to combat insurance fraud?

A ship cannot be sold without a legitimate hull id code. Claiming on the insurance policy invalidates the hull code on your previous ship, so if it was captured or stolen the new owner will be unable to sell the ship at a regular ship dealer. Additionally if you have claimed on a policy and someone is flying the stolen ship in a well policed system, the hull id will mark it as a stolen ship, the law will be after you and landing privileges will be denied on any lawful planet. You will be able to fly a “hot” ship to the less savory parts of the Star Citizen universe, where you will probably be able to land and may be able to purchase a fake hull id code, but it will take effort and not necessarily be cheap.

Finally the Advocacy takes insurance fraud very seriously. If it can be proven that a player has colluded with another player to defraud the insurance company, that hull’s lifetime insurance will be invalidated and the player may have to pay a large amount of credits to keep their record clean and not be marked as a wanted criminal.
  • EctarQIntarra

Posted:
    Posted:
    Do you guys know when LTI offer ends if ever ?
  • Kog

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Great 4th post
  • dbo

Posted:
    Posted:
    some grave digging here. yuck. doesnt matter when it ends, but it does and you're account cannot get it.

/thread
    X1qMpZm.gif

• Liudeius

Posted:
    Edited: by Liudeius
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I did not realize this thread was a zombie.
    [hide]

Please just ask in the Q&A forum, don't revive a thread which has been dead for two months.

Purchasing LTI ends for OB and VB on November 26.
    Brand new?
  • BowerickWowbagger

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Rob

I may be daft, but I did search for the answer to this question and your comment came closest to answering it. Question: If I have LTI on a ship and I add better parts to it and it is lost, does the policy only replace the original ship as originally equipped? I assume this would be the case but want to make sure. I am not talking overclocked parts but just better parts.Or is overclocked the same as upgraded?

ogZsebT.gif
This discussion has been closed.