LTI/Insurance void in NULL SEC areas? Free Hangar for everyone?

Zephyr

Posted:
Edited: by Zephyr
Posted: -
Posted: 8:07am Jul 27, 2013
Edited: 8:08am Jul 27, 2013
On the note of LTI it seems to be even less useful than the little that was previously assumed.

By the looks of it LTI will NOT cover your ship in all situations anyway. There are UEE military zones (and maybe NULL SEC areas) where you will lose your pledge ship no matter what as no insurance covers you. (As Stated by Rob Irving and seemingly confirmed in chat by him).

PEOPLE WITH EXPENSIVE SHIP PACKAGES SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL.

This should be born in mind when pledging for ship hulls or packages to prevent disappointment.

Just saw this at:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/23576/one-copy-of-game-per-account-multiple-pledge-packages/p29

This raises a lot of Concern(TM).

CIG Please help us clarify. If Rob Irving correct or is CR's prior AMA (see below) answer correct?

Last AMA
[–]CommanderRoberts[S]

The non insurance in very high risk areas only applies to the upgrade and cargo insurance policies and potentially the normal hull policies. LTI is good everywhere.

Also, for folks who don't follow the Dev threads religiously, this was spotted:

wcloaf said:
« hide previous quotes
WarthogSmurf said:
Hi Ben,

I was asked to put this in this thread.

From this thread http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/forum/showthread.php?24853-Lifetime-Garaging/page2[/url]

There is a rumor going with the first hangar. Will veteran backer also have the option to have the first hangar on a free basis as the orginial backers would have ? I get two different ansers in the thread which kinda confuses some ppl and would be nice to see an official answer.

Your initial hangar is free for everyone. It comes with your ship pledge. Additional hangars will have to be rented/purchased in-game (with credits.)
Qq0NcTk.jpg
  • Mongoose

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yeah right. The day someone loses an idris LTI ship in space is the day chris roberts sprouts a pecker out of his forehead.
    mongoose241.jpg
  • Tomflex

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'm a veteran backer and I've got a "HANGAR FEES REWARD" with "free hangar fees on the starting planet" in my hangar - so yes - they have the first hangar on a free base.

I talked with an original backer about the differences between the rewards of original and veteran backers (RSI SPACE SUIT REWARD, ORIGINAL AND VETERAN BACKERS REWARD) and we didn't find one.

So I think it's still the same for both - but maybe some other rewards are different depending on the date that you have pledged and the million dollar goals.
    | A ship for every need - C u in the verse! |
  • lezantas26

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hull is always covered * , you are confused with cargo/modules insurance .

* LTI or ingame hull insurance are EXACTLY the same .
    Valaska said:

"There are as many women on this game as they want to be"

best damn quote ever !!!
  • Mhyth

Posted:
    Posted:
    Everything said right now is just talk about the current thinking - no matter who says it - still a very long way until the start of beta and probably more than a year past that for release.
    QwPjxSJ.png
  • Farseer

Posted:
    Posted:
    Always trust Chris Roberts' answers above all others, whatever anyone else says.

So:

"The non insurance in very high risk areas only applies to the upgrade and cargo insurance policies and potentially the normal hull policies. LTI is good everywhere."
  • APOC

Posted:
    Posted:
    Threadnaught: BEGIN
    WE. MELT. NOTHING.
  • Zephyr

Posted:
    Edited: by slowreflex
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Mod Note: Removed subscriber only content
    Qq0NcTk.jpg
  • Legion-Geth

Posted:
    Posted:
    How can this detail restricted to subscribers appear in the general chat I wonder? That is interesting now.
    D9Op5Ea.png%22%20alt=%22D9Op5Ea.png
  • IamMaestro

Posted:
    Edited: by IamMaestro
    Posted:
    Edited:
    *** Edited for the sake of being entirely wrong :-D ***
    --- The man with no plan ---
  • Legion-Geth

Posted:
    Posted:
    why not just spread the whole jumppoint all over. We must be really totally retarded to pay 240 USD per year instead of just asking you to send a copy.
    D9Op5Ea.png%22%20alt=%22D9Op5Ea.png
  • Mobax

Posted:
    Posted:
    Calm down. Really.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13150-Package-Re-Sale-Policy

Lifetime Insurance is a small token aimed at rewarding early backers, not something which will have a huge impact on the final gameplay.

• Tosk

Posted:
    Edited: by Tosk
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Always trust Chris Roberts' answers above all others, whatever anyone else says.

So:

"The non insurance in very high risk areas only applies to the upgrade and cargo insurance policies and potentially the normal hull policies. LTI is good everywhere."

That was from the reddit postings a while back, wasn't it? I hope this is still true.
    Aurora // Avenger // M50 // 350R // Freelancer // F7A-M Super Hornet // Gladiator // Starfarer // Retaliator // Constellation // Vanduul Scythe // Idris-M // Xi'An Khartu // Gladius // Herald // Redeemer // Carrack // Mustang // Orion // Hull A, B, C
  • Glabro

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

lol
    Here we go!
  • Tosk

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

lol
    Here we go!
    I've got the popcorn, have you got the soda?
    Aurora // Avenger // M50 // 350R // Freelancer // F7A-M Super Hornet // Gladiator // Starfarer // Retaliator // Constellation // Vanduul Scythe // Idris-M // Xi'An Khartu // Gladius // Herald // Redeemer // Carrack // Mustang // Orion // Hull A, B, C
  • Dimididales

Posted:
    Posted:
    It won't help to discuss this up and down. If somebody really has to know it, just ask CIG and wait for their answer. As far as we know LTI is valid where every kind of hull insurance is valid. If there are places where this is not the case this also is true for LTI. As this might occurrently be the case - just think about not flying there - no matter whether you payed $$$ or harvested in game credits for months to finance your ship. Problem solved. (The area we talk about is not a "high risk high reward" area, more a place for suicide without any realistic chance to survive. So you miss nothing (but dying and loosing your ship) by not going there. And if you really have to try it out, capture a Vanguul fighter and take it for a ride. Not being able to insure it won't matter in that case :) ).
    NoamLoop2.png
  • Irishdude

Posted:
    Posted:
    Crap...ate the popcorn in another thread..need to repop some....

• IamMaestro

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

So:

/thread
    --- The man with no plan ---
  • Industrial

Posted:
    Edited: by Industrial
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I am the ANGEL of LTI DEATH...

BeiPu8U.gif

I HAVE COME FOR YOUR PLEDGE SHIPS.
    "Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.”
    ― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
  • Glabro

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

How can this detail restricted to subscribers appear in the general chat I wonder? That is interesting now.

What are you talking about? It's just an opinion of OP that is posted here.
    *secret handshake*
  • Lordarius

Posted:
    Edited: by Lordarius
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Like i said on the other forum... a member of my crew could jump inside the lti black hole... while i am afk 25 minutes... or talking with friends inside an Idris. We need clarificarion about this.... Is true ? Xan we lose lti ? Can i set a password to my computer ship to prevent someone jumps and destroy my lti by purpose ? I hope soon they Ill explain Lti is still for life and can not be canceled !!!!!
  • JazAero

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Crap...ate the popcorn in another thread..need to repop some....

I will bring the butter and the red hots.
    JDdetul.gif"A picture may be worth 1000 words, but a 3-D model is worth 1000 pictures." -- JaZaero
  • Windar

Posted:
    Posted:
    Just going to toss this out, ive already made a personal inquirrey to devs in ask a dev about LTI.

NOTHING VOIDS LTI CEPT INSURANCE FRUAD. Thats it, Basic insurance for hulls will also be for EVERYONE PIRATES INCLUDED.

All this fearmongering, I wont budge on this BECAUSE I HAVE ALREADY ASKED THIS QUESTION DIRECTLY AND HAD IT ANSWERED.

Also im not going to search for it in the ask a dev, its there go look for it, somewhere around page 20.
    Ships: 300i Cutlas Aurora LX.

Pirate? Nononono.....opportunist...Really...

But for a small fee we can keep this area pirate free...
  • Irishdude

Posted:
    Posted:
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/528386/#Comment_528386
    For the answer on LTI replacement..douche move not linking it..took over an hour to find it

• Nicodemus_MM

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/528386/#Comment_528386
    For the answer on LTI replacement..douche move not linking it..took over an hour to find it

It seems that post has nothing to do with LTI being voided or exceptions to insurance coverage. It's about whether LTI gives a newer model ship for the loss of an older model. I don't know if I missed something or am looking at the wrong comment, but the one linked seems unrelated.
  • Tosk

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

This post really makes me made. I think I should be able to spend credits to upgrade my policy to a newer model.
  • Coal_Morgan

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hull insurance is for everyone, everywhere. There are multiple levels of upgrade and cargo insurance.

LTI and Baic Hull Insurance is always and everywhere.
  • Irishdude

Posted:
    Edited: by Irishdude
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Blaarg seems linked the wrong one...sorry...dont really feel like digging again
    Exactly why they need to hurry up with the damn FAQ already

Edit: the only OFFICIAL faq about lti so far that I have found....on the old site we used to enforce linking to prove facts from responses by devs...alot less confusion would be had if peeps started doing that again when saying they got a response from devs...
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12986-Lifetime-Insurance-Clarification/#div-comment-33529

Another faq (may be outdated but so far looks legit it also spells out the different security zones for ins on cargo etc)
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12820-Insurance-FAQ-And-Update

Respnse posted in another thread from Rob Irving
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/34684/clarification-on-lti-it-is-no-different-from-regular-insurance

And the official Rob post
    https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/496333/#Comment_496333

• Luger

Posted:
    Posted:
    My opinion, this is actually a good thing. They want us to think 3 or 4 times before going in. What's to stop a swarm of LTI enabled maniacs from trying to take out the UEE Military over and over with no penalty? Keep your nose clean = keep your LTI.
    "Welcome to Sol Sector, Lieutenant."
  • Bloodbolt

Posted:
    another LTI thread be prepared people :P
    fluttershy__s_siege_tank_by_foxi_5-d57oc
    There will be some things in Star Citizens game design that WILL take people out of their comfort zone. Thats a good thing

Vigilia Pretium Libertatis, Latin for "The Price of Freedom is Vigilance".
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

My opinion, this is actually a good thing. They want us to think 3 or 4 times before going in. What's to stop a swarm of LTI enabled maniacs from trying to take out the UEE Military over and over with no penalty? Keep your nose clean = keep your LTI.

Inability to dock at UEE-controlled ports? Huge bounties against them? More stuff?
    Join the 73rd!
    Without Victory, there can be no Survival! Bishop for Imperator!
This discussion has been closed.