StarCitizen History Timeline Overview

• sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Edited: by sOLARiZ
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

My hunch is that you took your number from an American source, where a . means you are entering into decimals--31.744 AU should be roughly 4,761,600 km (in American notation).

Yeah guess it was a total mix of US and Metrical System. Also I looked on the conversion between AU and km/s which was totaly wrong in my calc. Thanks for the correction.

To get back to the topic where it acutally start, the estimated 1/100 Lightspeed from the Comm Link then would take in Worst case
    7h * 100 / 24 = 29,17 days

But I do not know enough about Light speed to say if I can calc it like that or if it should be degressive or progressive.

Official Answer from Dave Haddock
    L_Writer:
    [hide]

Hi Solariz,

You're right. The first one was a misprint, it was corrected in the errata of the second issue.

As for the second, I'm not sure. I was running off the idea that it takes light around 5.5 hours to get from the sun to Pluto (depending on it's location in orbit). I could be wrong though.

Thanks for writing in,

Dave

• mookie

Posted:
    Posted:
    Very nicely done. Saved to my bookmarks for reference.
    Asus X99 Deluxe - Intel 5930k OC'd to 4.3-
    Corsiar Vengence LPX 2800 16GB
    Asus STRIX GTX970 4GB OC'd to 1425
    Crucial MX100 512GB SSD. All with Windows 10
    Should work for now.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks, hope to get this topic a bit pushed and to get in some peoples bookmarks. I will keep the page updated.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Recently I got the information that some people have problems with the page loading at all. The actual webserver is located in germany but I added cloudflare support so I hope it's fine now also for US visitors.

How does the page load at your browser and where are you from?
  • soontm

Posted:
    Posted:
    Very nicely done. This is just fantastic. Thanks for doing this project. :D
    dragon_gif.gif
  • ShadowLight

Posted:
    Posted:
    @sOLARiZ

First off excellent job in setting up a nice easy to navigate timeline.

Your site was brought to my attention during a Tevarin history discussion. There needs to be a small correction made.

For the 2541 date your summary states: (each Tevarin planet is its own entity with very little interaction with each other, similar to warring tribes) there is no official documentation of this claim. I think you might be confusing Banu government setup with Tevarins.

Then you state: (UPE decides to annex them to prevent them from attacking us and to ‘civilize’ them in the process.) yet in the official story which you link to it states: (The UPE reached out to the Tevarin. They weren’t interested in establishing diplomatic relations or even our technology. They were interested in our systems. So the first interspecies war began as most wars begin, over territory.)

Hopefully you see this post thanks for the site.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi,

thanks for the input. Most parts of the timeline were taken from official source, so I did with the Tevarin but also the official source had been "wrong" or varied on several points.

For this case:
    [hide]

Your site was brought to my attention during a Tevarin history discussion. There needs to be a small correction made.

For the 2541 date your summary states: (each Tevarin planet is its own entity with very little interaction with each other, similar to warring tribes) there is no official documentation of this claim. I think you might be confusing Banu government setup with Tevarins.

I took it from the Writes Guide Comm Link:

- Year 2541

This is the same for the UPS dicision. So Guess there is something odd in the official part but Dave Haddock is very responsive regarding those small problems. During building the timeline I already noticed a several odd points I pointed out.

So best thing to explain to him in his "Ask a developer" thread.

• Herne

Posted:
    Posted:
    Very well done, I really like the "want to know more?" I loved Starship Troopers
    “The Eleventh Hour
  • ShadowLight

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Hi,

I took it from the Writes Guide Comm Link:

- Year 2541

This is the same for the UPS dicision. So Guess there is something odd in the official part but Dave Haddock is very responsive regarding those small problems. During building the timeline I already noticed a several odd points I pointed out.

So best thing to explain to him in his "Ask a developer" thread.

Ah i see the follow up timeline was (created by Zane) who i think is the website designer, while original story posts were done by Haddock. So there is some conflicting info nice catches.
  • NeuroKnight

Posted:
    Posted:
    Very nice timeline, loads well from Texas (10:00am CDT (GMT-5))
    ~ REDACTED BY ORDER OF THE UEE ~
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    @ShadowLight Will you or should I hint Dave about the small conflict? :) You discovered it hehe
  • ShadowLight

Posted:
    Posted:
    @sOLARiZ Go ahead talk to Dave about it I am sure you have a list if items. Plus iI will forget to follow up while you have vested interest.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    I put it into Dave`s forum thread maybe he can clear the things :)
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    @ShadowLight got a response from Dave so it will be corrected, nice to see that my little timeline helps to discover those small glitches :)
    L_Writer:
    [hide]

Hi Solariz,

You're right, there is a disparity. I think that text might have been from an earlier draft. That's my error. I'll change it on the time line to this (taken from the Writer's Guide Part 7):

The UPE first established contact with the space-faring civilization in 2541. While not as technologically advanced as us, the Tevarin were beginning to strike out into the universe. A proud, martial society, the Tevarin wanted what we had and struck first.

Thanks for pointing it out,

Dave

I will fix it in citizen-history.com records later today.

• sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Corrected the Timeline entry about the Tevarin:

http://citizen-history.com/#16

• sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I added a second Tab to the page now showing also IRL (In Real Life) Events. This contains major Events in the Company history of CIG and major release steps. Not complete yet but a way to start. One rule: No source no content :)

You find it directly by adding /irl to the URL so here it is: http://citizen-history.com/irl

Please give me a comment here, what do you think?
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Update the javascript should be now more responsive on mobile devices.
    Added more IRL Information.
  • ShadowLight

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

@ShadowLight got a response from Dave so it will be corrected, nice to see that my little timeline helps to discover those small glitches :)

Yup i saw that Dave updated timeline in Writer's Guide pt 2 and took a section from part 7.

In writer's guide part 2 the old timeline said:
    2541: In the leedward systems, humanity discovers a war-like race called the Tevarin (about 150-200 years behind Earth technologically) who have control over several systems. Each Tevarin planet is its own entity with very little interaction with each other, similar to warring tribes. UPE decides to annex them to prevent them from attacking us and to ‘civilize’ them in the process.The First Tevarin War begins.

Now in writer guide part 2 the revised timeline says:
    2541: The UPE first establish contact with the Tevarin. While not as technologically advanced as us, they were just beginning to strike out into the universe. A proud, martial society, the Tevarin wanted what we had and struck first. The First Tevarin War begins.

It cool that we were able to influence the official document Dave completely replaced that section of the timeline.

Now to for the part that you might dislike me for. In your timeline summary you still use "Each Tevarin planet is its own entity with very little interaction with each other, similar to warring tribes."

Now in writer's guide part 7 it states:

POLITICAL SYSTEM (Former)

The Tevarin were somewhere between a feudalistic society and an oligarchy. The military ran everything. The only way to upgrade your station in life was to distinguish yourself in combat. That being said, those not in the military weren’t ignored — since everybody contributed to the system, everybody was cared for. Some fought, others farmed.

The highest title was Warlord. It sounds much more violent than it is. The Tevarin were not a bloodthirsty race. They simply honored the art of war.

Based on the description it sounds like the few high ranking military leaders would decide both battlefield orders as well as civilian policies.Such a regimented structured society would no really fit with little interaction/warring tribes description.

Oh final thought the Tevarin link leads to wiki page which has very little useful information better off directing them to Writer Guide part 7 it gives a whole break down of Tevarins.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Yep you're absolutely right. I change that with Dave`s new update and it is really good to see that there is real interaction with the dev team not just bla bla.

I replaced the old:

In the leedward systems, humanity discovers a race called the Tevarin who have control over several systems. Each Tevarin planet is its own entity with very little interaction with each other, similar to warring tribes. The UPE first established contact with the space-faring civilization in 2541. While not as technologically advanced as us, the Tevarin were beginning to strike out into the universe. A proud, martial society, the Tevarin wanted what we had and struck first. Colonel Ivar Messer, a brilliant and ruthless strategist, distinguishes himself in the Battle of Idris IV. He quickly becomes the pride of the military and the face of the War.
    want to know more?

With a combination of "Awfully Crowded in my sky" and the new WG7 Update:

In the leedward systems, humanity discovers a race called the Tevarin who have control over several systems. The UPE first established contact in 2541. While not as technologically advanced as us, they were just beginning to strike out into the universe. A proud, martial society, the Tevarin wanted what we had and struck first. The First Tevarin War begins.

Colonel Ivar Messer, a brilliant and ruthless strategist, distinguishes himself in the Battle of Idris IV. He quickly becomes the pride of the military and the face of the War.
    want to know more?

http://citizen-history.com/#16
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    So, finally back after Gamescom. I updated the IRL Timeline with several contents. Later on I will add a summary about the hangar event as well.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Another Update on the Timline:

In Game
    - Voyager Direct founding in 2899

IRL
    - Hangar Event Cologne
    - 16M Goal
    - Hangar Release
    - Voyager Direct Release
    - 17M Goal

http://citizen-history.com

Missed anything happened else in the past 2 weeks? Was so much stuff hehe :)
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Another Update:
    - Added latest updates to IRL Graph
    - Some CSS Fixes for low res devices, thanks for all reports.
    - Some JS Fixes for low res Devices, thanks for all reports.
  • Cucobr

Posted:
    Posted:
    This is pure gold.

Thanks for the link.
    gk93.jpg
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks,

just help to spread the word and if you like it push this thread.
    Unfortunately the forums are to crowded today for a thread like this to stay long enough. Even if the project was launched month ago alot of people see it for the first time.

Thanks for Pushing time to time.
  • vanguardian

Posted:
    Edited: by vanguardian
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Great timeline, thank you.

Would you consider a third tab ? History of Ancient Rome ( actual event summary )

or even - breakthrough events in recent history which have changed our world ( and brought us closer to the stars )
    eg. http://wadsworth.cengage.com/history_d/templates/student_resources/0155074997_greer_lewis/100events.html
    recon
  • ArrghhScott

Posted:
    Posted:
    I have your site bookmarked and scan through it all the time (only on breaks when at work of course!).
    It is an excellent site and I wanted to say thank you for sharing such a labour of love.

“Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.” - Pablo Picasso
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    vanguard911:
    [hide]

Great timeline, thank you.

Would you consider a third tab ? History of Ancient Rome ( actual event summary )

or even - breakthrough events in recent history which have changed our world ( and brought us closer to the stars )
    eg. http://wadsworth.cengage.com/history_d/templates/student_resources/0155074997_greer_lewis/100events.html

Hehe Guess that will blow the whole project up, I would rather prefer to stay in the Citizen Verse.
  • Jolly

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well put together, with good references set up. I love it.
    Ad Astra, Cum Honore
  • xela

Posted:
    Posted:
    Congrats, this is really great!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Killing rampage: ANVIL Aerospace Super Hornet
    Roadrunner mode: ORIGIN Jumpworks M50
    Paying for ammo: BIRC Merchantman
    Getting lost in space: RSI Constellation Aquila
  • ShadowLight

Posted:
    Posted:
    @sOLARiZ
    In the real life timeline there was the bomber sale from oct 10 to oct 14.