• Nomad-Soul

Posted:
    Posted:
    love it, thanks!
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Well I dunno if they had this previously since I did not know about them until I found this thread...

CIG has continued the series with a timeline at the bottom of each link so yours stops at 2920 here is the next one with remaining ones at bottom of page in timeline (I will not link all of them just the next in series)

Hi, I know it, but still you don`t find all information in it, most of the recent but mostly not a compact view.

• sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    I pushed up an update, more graphics and correction of some lore typos.
  • Typooni

Posted:
    Posted:
    Really great way to get to know "history" of the future, thanks for the site!
    Proud owner of Origin Jumpworks 325a Fighter Craft. Owner's manual missing :P

Kickstarter backer #15650
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Edited: by sOLARiZ
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Updated with the latest Origin Lore Update and fixed some typos.

Unfortunately it`s hard to get a sticky here :( Post was now on page 9 :(

Thanks for bumping.

http://citizen-history.com/#33
  • Slicerjen

Posted:
    Posted:
    First there was darkness, then came light. Then the heaven and ocean. Then wing commander. Then paradise lost as first person shooters came along. Then the apocalypse of Eve and all was lost. No really, when you lose a mom or titan, all is lost. Then the second coming of Star Citizen.

Disclaimer- all biblical parallels are on purpose, but with humility as God must have a sense of humor to have invented us.
    In space, nobody can hear you scream...except maybe on teamspeak. If your friends don't mute you. Because you scream like a girl.
  • FunnYFreaK

Posted:
    Posted:
    Great Work!

+1 for sticky
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks, wish sticky for some days would be easier. But I do not blame anybody because for sure tehre are some rules we dont know :/
  • Irishdude

Posted:
    Posted:
    You could always just post every time you add new update =) free bumps of sorts

• Samsonator

Posted:
    Posted:
    How did you make that website???
    What program did you use to code it?

I'm impressed and inspired.
  • LeeMarvin

Posted:
    Posted:
    Outstanding work!

Bookmarking
    Lee_Marvin_Imperium_Sig400.png
  • Eschatos

Posted:
    Posted:
    This is amazing, thanks for putting this together.
    The Convoy™7Txqb5L.png est. 2943

NOLI OBLIVISCI MIRABILIS ESSE
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

How did you make that website???
    What program did you use to code it?

I'm impressed and inspired.

Thanks. You can have a look on the page if you click "about" i wrote a small part about how it was done.
  • Will42

Posted:
    Posted:
    Nice work, Ill give it a thorough look tomorrow
  • Dvergar

Posted:
    Posted:
    Just awesome!
    I am sure CIG will be inspired and include something similar on the Galactapedia.

And +1 for sticky.
    Newcomers are having enough trouble as it is finding specific info about the game and universe, and stuff like this really helps :)
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks. Exactly this was the intention behind it. I tried to persuade some friends not to wait with their pledge but mostly in return I received a "Uh oh, the lore is so splittet and hard to find a general overview". This was the reason to create a short summary of the known "historic" dates and point to the source whenever possible.

I will for sure continue to maintain the content as more and more get`s public. That was a reason to choose the timeline display because you can easily zoom in and out. Even if it gets more and more crowded you can, as a backup, go until a daily level.

Until now only some people visited the site, but most of the visitors (80%) also adds a bookmark which is pretty good :) So spread the word.

Thanks for the support in keeping this topic pushed.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Corrected some typos, thaks "Bivca" for hint.
  • FunnYFreaK

Posted:
    Posted:
    What about includig the Events of old WingCommander Games? I would love to see an "all in one" timeline ^^

Just an Idea, you've done really awesome work and I allready send your URL to some of my friends :P
  • Charza

Posted:
    Posted:
    I think it's well done !
    I too really missed a comprehensive timeline on the RSI website, so this is great !
    Sex in space is not just a good idea, it's survival.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

What about includig the Events of old WingCommander Games? I would love to see an "all in one" timeline ^^

Hmm not really, would mix up everything to much because it at the end are two sperate storys.

• sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Updated some images to the actual used in the CommLink.

• Sunfire

Civilian

Posted:
    Edited: by Sunfire

Civilian

Posted:
    Edited:
    Theres an error in the 2075 tech entry, 1/100 Lightspeed from Sun to Pluto takes way longer than 50 hours.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    @Sunfire Quite an argument.
    [hide]

Theres an error in the 2075 tech entry, 1/100 Lightspeed from Sun to Pluto takes way longer than 50 hours.

Guess thats one of the little "unkown" storry twists. It was mentioned in the official Writes Guide.

2075: Roberts Space Industries introduces Quantum Core Engine Technology. This new engine allows humanity to travel to the corners of our solar system with relative ease. The sun to Pluto in 50 hours.

And the 1/100 Lightspeed is from the official CommLink.

Dr. Scott Childress and his team had completed the first self-sustaining quantum drive engine, capable of achieving 1/100th the speed of light. For the first time, humanity could explore the solar system with unprecedented speed.

Guess this is a little distraction. But could be interpreted that maybe the first test flight was 1/100 Lightspeed but later it was faster... Well. Interpretation :/

What do you think?

• sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I did a bit of calculation, even in Light speed it would take 184 days from earth to pluto :(
    It would require nearly 4x Lightspeed to get there in 50 days.

distance-pluto-earht.png

correct me if Im wrong.
  • Sunfire

Civilian

Posted:
    Edited: by Sunfire

Civilian

Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

I did a bit of calculation, even in Light speed it would take 184 days from earth to pluto :(

distance-pluto-earht.png

correct me if Im wrong.

Way wrong, with lightspeed it takes only about 5-6 hours.
  • Bacchus

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

distance-pluto-earht.png

correct me if Im wrong.

Way wrong, with lightspeed it takes only about 5-6 hours.
    That's what I'm thinking. It takes light about 4 hours to reach Neptune.

Proud member of Nemesis. Join me on a fact finding mission to uncover Tevarin sleeper cells and stop their covert activity.
  • Ryoken

Posted:
    Posted:
    Looks good, but but I had some trouble viewing on my tablet. Swipe navigation was unresponsive in Chrome for Android on a Tegra 2 device. I would wager it is probably the heavy use of graphics and scripting.

Aside from that the I found was very nice to see laid out in a very intuitive and easy to understand way.
  • GreatBallsOFyre

Posted:
    Posted:
    Amazing...we really needed something like this to pull things all together!
    LGC_sigs_fyre_zps2b8f4a87.jpg
  • dunadin777

Posted:
    Edited: by dunadin777
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

distance-pluto-earht.png

correct me if Im wrong.

Quite wrong. First of all, the distance from Pluto to the sun is quite variable due to Pluto's eccentric orbit, so you should speak of Pluto's perihelion (closest approach to sun) or aphelion (farthest approach to sun), or average distance to the sun. The distance from Earth to Pluto is even more variable, because earth's orbit around the sun can put it farther or closer to Pluto than the sun.

Looking at your numbers, you way way WAY overestimated Pluto's distance from Earth--Pluto is never more than 50 astronomical units (AU in english abbreviation) away from Earth, and sometimes as close as 28 AU. My hunch is that you took your number from an American source, where a . means you are entering into decimals--31.744 AU should be roughly 4,761,600 km (in American notation).

So, reworking the numbers with more accurate terminology, using the following formula: Distance(Sun-Pluto) / Velocity(Light) = Travel Time
    Pluto's perihelion: 7,311,000,000 km / 299,792 kps = 24,386 seconds from Sun to Pluto, or roughly 6.8 hours
    Pluto's aphelion: 4,437,000,000 km / 299,792 kps = 14,800 seconds from Sun to Pluto, or roughly 4.1 hours

So light traveling from the sun takes anywhere from 4.1-6.8 hours to reach Pluto, depending on where it is in its orbit. Light takes only a matter of minutes to reach the earth from the sun, so you can say that a lightspeed trip from Earth to Pluto will take anywhere from 4 to 6.9 hours.
  • Lonestarr

Posted:
    Posted:
    hey man, awesome contribution to this website, keep up the awesome work man!
    So I drink tang. That means technically, right this minute: I'm more of an astronaut than you are.