StarCitizen History Timeline Overview

• El_Grande_Haxor

Posted:
    Posted:
    sOLARIS! This is awesome!

Well made! It's clean and easy to find the timeline stamps. Ye had a really nice idea here!

Thank ye very much for sharing ^^
  • Villaovi

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

So if I understand right, game starts at year 2942?

Nope, 2942 was last year.

Game time has been advancing on real time since then, if I'm not mistaken (including spectrum dispatches and similar fiction).

Latest Congress Now was dated 2943.7.15, for instance.
    Ok, thank you for clarifying that.

• sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Did anybody read something about how the relation of gametime to real time will be handled in future? I mean the story would pretty much stop if it will be real time 1year In reality = 1 year in Game.

Interesting question :)
  • DifferentDrummer

Posted:
    Edited: by DifferentDrummer
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Congress Now
    [hide]

Did anybody read something about how the relation of gametime to real time will be handled in future? I mean the story would pretty much stop if it will be real time 1year In reality = 1 year in Game.

No, as far as I know it will keep on real time.

Plenty of interesting things have been happening in the game universe (e.g., a planet blowing up, possibly due to government conspiracy) without the game even having started, so I'm confident they'll be able to keep it interesting... which, just with the Vanduul making trouble and the whole Earth - Terra conflict scaling up, shouldn't be very difficult, anyway.
    No comment.
  • Net

Posted:
    Edited: by Net
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Interesting question :)

It is going to be 1:1. it was said several times in the forums and chat and interviews. And you could figure it out from Spectrum Dispatch.
    fs5OSnv.png
  • Dragonfiremalus

Posted:
    Posted:
    Two things. It is now 2943 in the game universe. The game universe is set exactly 930 years in the future. So it will be 2944 when the game comes out (on the current schedule). Also, I think the entry about Commander Messer is in the wrong place. It references him dealing with both the Tevarin and the Xi'an before either of them were discovered.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Two things. It is now 2943 in the game universe. The game universe is set exactly 930 years in the future. So it will be 2944 when the game comes out (on the current schedule). Also, I think the entry about Commander Messer is in the wrong place. It references him dealing with both the Tevarin and the Xi'an before either of them were discovered.

Thanks, both is already corrected.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Edited: by sOLARiZ
    Posted:
    Edited:
    *moved from Den to the General Chat*

Guess that`s somewhat like putting it public. So have fun with this little Project. Please see my First Post in this Thread for Details or directly have a look at the Project:

• bigc00p

Posted:
    Posted:
    CIG should use this or incorporate it somehow, that was the best way to explore the Star Citizen timeline. Great work!
    Me > .*

Own: Aquila (LTI)
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks, please spread the word so maybe it get a bit of attention. I`m concerned that it will be missed by the other StarCitizens in those thousands new posts daily.
  • Twin-Shadow

Posted:
    Posted:
    Nice! Thanks for putting that together.
  • puffin13

Posted:
    Posted:
    looks awesome!
    EV
    Puffin13- Private - Recruitment Thread
  • LeinadGryphon

Posted:
    Bumping for sticky!
  • zorfmorf

Posted:
    This is awesome and just the thing the main site would need.
  • Extreme

Posted:
    Posted:
    This is absolutely brilliant! Makes it *much* easier for people to follow the events who cannot invest the time to bring it all in order for themselves.
    - Extreme -
  • BondKnight

Posted:
    Posted:
    Very nice.

Have you maybe considered using something like http://leafletjs.com/ to also host a clickable 'Known Space' map with layers and links to the planetary 'unlock' data?
  • AzraelDomonov

Posted:
    Posted:
    I really appreciate the visual layout of the timeline. It makes comparing the relative spacing of events so much more convenient. I wouldn't be surprised if RSI drew inspiration from this for an official feature on the website. You've done a great job and made a really professional product.
  • Tanrei

Posted:
    Posted:
    That was spectacularly informative on the lore of Star Citizen! I love it!!!
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." --Carl Sagan.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thank you all, in the text passages I took from comm-link or the jumppoint there are partly some errors like typos or things which needs to better formulated. I`m not a native english speaker, so if there is anybody who would like to help me looking over this Contents please contact me. You find my email at the page in the menu.

Thanks again for the praise. Would be great if this could be bumped or sticky for some days until more people know about it.
  • Meridius

Posted:
    Posted:
    This is awesome! Thank you sir
    Fear is not real, it is a product of thoughts you create
  • Crack-The-Quick

Posted:
    Posted:
    Kudos to you sire. Awesome work.

*clap* *clap*
    crackthequicksignaturezp.jpg
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Posted:
    Pushed in a update, site should now work on many smartphones too. Had some big troubles before but at least it should display correctly. Tested on Galaxy Note 2 and Nexus 4.

Next to come is a correction of some of the entries there are some typos.

Please keep it bumped :)
  • Irishdude

Posted:
    Edited: by Irishdude
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Year 2460 Masses leaving earth is missing the link to the page (breathe free) it is about here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/12691-2460-Breathe-Free

And why are the titles different on your timeline vs the commlink titles? Is it simply a descriptor for your timeline rather than actual titles?

Year 2523 title is misspelled? UPE founde(t)

Have not gone through whole thing yet but very nice so far..thx

• Coal_Morgan

Posted:
    Posted:
    Beautiful prsentation.
  • sOLARiZ

Posted:
    Edited: by sOLARiZ
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Hi,

thanks for feedback, let me answer your questions. The titles are partly just free interpreted descriptors because as as I started to collect the information not all commlink articles were present or linked. So it`s more of a description then actually 1:1 comm link. Some parts are from the writers guide, this articles displaying extracts of history story which were later posted into the comm link.
    [hide]

Year 2460 Masses leaving earth is missing the link to the page

As you can see many of the contents are still not perfect, same for the typos. I will correct them as soon as somebody notify me about it. My target is to get a good collection of all history sources, not just the comm link.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• Irishdude

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well I dunno if they had this previously since I did not know about them until I found this thread...

CIG has continued the series with a timeline at the bottom of each link so yours stops at 2920 here is the next one with remaining ones at bottom of page in timeline (I will not link all of them just the next in series)

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/spectrum-dispatch/12725-2928-Campaign-Promises

• IamMaestro

Posted:
    Posted:
    Excellent work. Thank you :-)
    --- The man with no plan ---
  • Lofty

Posted:
    Edited: by Lofty
    Posted:
    Edited:
    2013 ->
    Insert period of space exploration under different government names where humanity collectively shits on everyone else ->
    2795 ->
    Humans instate fair chance act and builds The Ark to improve public relations ->
    Continues to shit on everyone else, now also shits on own 'citizens', though you have to earn citizenship ->

Moral of the story: don't align with UEE.

(And yes, I already read every piece of background material so far)
    h01SIG.png
  • TheR34P3R

Posted:
    Posted:
    Nicely done! Thanks!
  • Temnis

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thank you for this website m8! Keep up the good work!