QUESTIONS NEEDED: Esperia Prowler

discolando

Developer

Posted:
Posted: -
Greetings Citizens!

Another Concept Sale, another Q&A series.

We'll collect your questions here, and post answers in comm-links on Wednesday and Friday of the coming week.

Thanks all,

Jared
Jared Huckaby
Community Manager, Cloud Imperium Games
  • RockBracken

Posted:
    Edited: by RockBracken
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Will there by any more Tevarin reproductions, filling other roles such as mining, exploration, or combat (dogfighting/anti-capital work)?
  • Strider-KJIN

Posted:
    Posted:
    Is there any more ways it can be used besides boarding?
  • CaptainCypher

Posted:
    Edited: by CaptainCypher
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Can you describe in general or at least comparative details the Prowler's low signature?
    What rough range might it be in? Anything else related to that or its "stealthier" qualities?

Thanks in advance!
    Looks amazing!
    ADIClan

• Kanpai

Posted:
    Posted:
    in which UEE ship hanagars does the Prowler fit? (Polaris, Idris, Javelin?). Or can it dock outside those capitals in order to transfer crew?
    53026781.png
  • Kanpai

Posted:
    Posted:
    is there a difference in the role between the Prowler and the Vanguard Hopelite? e.g. Prowler Stealth, Hoeplite Range?

or is it more that the Prowler is "higher tier": more crew, better loadout?
    53026781.png
  • Rhodie

Posted:
    Edited: by Rhodie
    Posted:
    Edited:
    - Is it possible to fire the rear laser in parrallel, synchronised with the two frontal facing guns at the same target? The armament, consists of two gimballed S4 ballistic cannons- one under each wing and a single Size 5 laser cannon on the back, that can be remote controlled by the pilot or co-pilot, according to the brochure it's got 360° of coverage. It looks like there is a small "hump" in front of it, that might prevent the gun being aimed low enough to fire in parrallel with the others.

- What is on the upper deck? There seems to be a seperate room, right behind the pilots seat, that can be accessed by a ladder. Is that maybe a small living area with bunks and a toilet, for the crew? Or did the Tevarin use their Air Sield door technology for toilets?

- Is there any chance to retrofit the floor with cargo panneling? The Prowler is quite large inside, for not having any dedicated cargo space at all. It would be a shame not to use the Prowler for trading and/or smuggling. I think, that a stealthy hauler can be quite useful in certain situations.
    Who will be first at Tannhauser Gate?
  • HexKoda

Posted:
    Posted:
  • Boraxx

Posted:
    Posted:
    Will Esperia/Tevarin one way looking glass become available as an aftermarket product for other ships manufactured under the various brands?

Purple replies are Moderator replies. click for forum rules
    boraxx-sig1.png

• Boraxx

Posted:
    Posted:
    Can we expect Tevarin NPCs to be better skilled to fulfill key positions in the Prowler?
    Will Tevarin NPCs be at all available?

boraxx-sig1.png

• Boraxx

Posted:
    Edited: by Boraxx
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Could you describe the pros and cons when comparing the Prowler to the Redeemer and the Hopolite?

boraxx-sig1.png

• Blood78

Posted:
    Edited: by Blood78
    Posted:
    Edited:
    1. Should I trouble myself a second time a contest is up, considering the fact that hours of work and thought apparently meant nothing at all, since lots of great artwork were swept aside, while favoring a pasta concept instead?
    2. Is this how a Tevarin looks like under the armor?
    HQX9dMs.jpg

EDIT: Sorry for the rant. :\
  • Leader_One

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

in which UEE ship hanagars does the Prowler fit? (Polaris, Idris, Javelin?). Or can it dock outside those capitals in order to transfer crew?

^ This. Thank you for asking.
    leaderone.gif
  • Dawnstealer

Posted:
    Edited: by Dawnstealer
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [QUESTION] Will it be possible to have alien NPCs as crew? So a Tevarin Bodyguard, a Xi'an co-pilot from the Turtleverse, etc?

[QUESTION] The description for the Prowler state it's fast, but the engines on it seem...less so. Are all the thrusters going to combine to push this thing faster?
  • nrfarf

Posted:
    Edited: by nrfarf
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Will the Prowlers "Grav Levs" allow it to act similiar to a Hovercraft (turning it into a "ground" vehicle of sorts)?

referencing quote from the manual: "Grav Levs project docused gravitational beams to create a cushion, allowing the Prowler to traverse uneven terrain."
  • Deradevil

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Can we expect Tevarin NPCs to be better skilled to fulfill key positions in the Prowler?
    Will Tevarin NPCs be at all available?

[hide]

Could you describe the pros and cons when comparing the Prowler to the Redeemer and the Hopolite?

i would like to know the same questions!!!
    Hamsters
  • TheDeadlyKenny

Posted:
    Posted:
    Will it come with a Jump drive or will owners have to purchase one separately and add it to the ship?
    Check out my Sketchfab https://sketchfab.com/DeadlyKenny
  • Drugh

Posted:
    Edited: by Drugh
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Guys, I love the Tevarin Prowler look. My only issue is that you chose to make a dropship out of it. *sigh*
    Ok, let's roll some questions:

1. Why would I need a dropship, mission-wise? Will there be specific PVE missions or is the dropship functionality intended PVP only?
    2. What is the advantage of a dropship over, say multiple single seaters? Why would my 16 friends not fly in in their Sabres, Hornets, Freelancers and Constellations, with the assault troops in armor in the loading bay?
    3. How is space boarding intended? Must the target be crippled and unable to flight? Would the dropship land on top, lock itself onto the hull, unload the boarding party and then fly off? Would I not be better off with several Drake Dragonflies which allow for more flexible inserts and exiting?
    4. Will Esperia also show other ships in similar fashion? I would have instantly bought a scout, light freighter, heavy fighter or S&R ship based on the Prowler design. Alas, it was a drop ship and I don't see myself flying in 16 of my friends in medium to heavy armor.

TL;DR: Why, oh why is the Prowler a dropship.
  • Foxmoor

Posted:
    Edited: by Foxmoor
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Will the Prowler be able to be viable in any other role besides being a dropship?
    Will a solo player without 15 friends get any viable use out of it?
    Steep price for a ship that can just do one thing.
  • Victura

Posted:
    Posted:
    What kind of (reliable) operational range will it have, once it is underway?
    Who Dares Wins
  • Belzoth

Posted:
    Posted:
    As a boarding vessel, how would the prowler keep prey from flying away as your men eva over to it?
    Belzoth-banner.jpg
  • Shooterguy13

Posted:
    Posted:
    The Prowler in the lore is described having amazing and unrivaled stealth capabilities. Can we expect the reproduction from Esperia to be just as good? Does the reproduction differ performance wise in any way?
    sig6.png?ssl=1&w=450

• reddot24

Posted:
    Edited: by reddot24
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Hey guys, awesome design

(1) Will there be living quarters on the upper deck of the ship?

(2) Is the land speed of the Prowler while using the ground runners intended to be faster, slower or similar to the Dragonfly?

(3) Will the troop area be configurable for other mission types like in the Redeemer?
  • Grak

Posted:
    Posted:
    If I wanted to facilitate a Tevarin insurrection, would this be the ship of choice?
    go4ngck
  • Hound-1

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Will the Prowler be able to be viable in any other role besides being a dropship?
    Will a solo player without 15 friends get any viable use out of it?
    Steep price for a ship that can just do one thing.

^ This please.
    I love this ship and would buy it if it could do anything else. My guess is the majority of players will not need a drop ship that cant do anything else. Unless this turns into a whole new role in the game, since we now have 4 drop ships.
    XPLOR SALVAGER
  • Biter

Posted:
    Posted:
    Can the infantry docks in the rear of the ship be removed to allow cargo to be transported.
    A lone crusader in a dangerous world
  • Biter

Posted:
    Posted:
    When exiting the ship how do you EVA across to another ship if its speed is greater than yours.
  • Theoretician

Posted:
    Posted:
    1) Is the state of technology in the Prowler roughly equivalent to that of the universe several hundred years ago? Is the prowler another case, like the civilian Scythes, of the ship not being exactly competitive in a combat role and intended just for collections? This question is analogous to building a kit-car vs buying one from Toyota - the kit car isn't going to have direct injection and thousands of hours of development in computational fluid mechanics to optimize the aerodynamics, but the kit car would be valuable as a replica of some historic vehicle. It might also be highly effective in a particular niche but outside of that niche downright painful to use.

2) Assuming that it is competitive with current ships from other manufacturers, how do the various characteristics compare? Faster than a connie, slower than a superhornet? Maneuverability? More armor than a super hornet, but less shielding than one? Shielding focused toward the front, with little in the rear/sides? More range than a fighter, less than a connie? How do the sensors rate? Stealth?

3) How much risk is one of these intended to present to something like an Idris? Is it going to be a significant threat by itself, or will it generally need a distraction from someone else in order to play its hand?

4) There were lots of references to surgical insertion of ground troops on a battlefield in the sale literature. Is this an intended game function?

5) Why would someone buy the Prowler over a Redeemer or Retaliator?
  • Hound-1

Posted:
    Posted:
    Do you expect a new role for Drop Ships Only to be introduced into the game?
    We have 4 drop ships now and that seems like a lot. For example; an enemy stronghold is discovered, the request goes out for a drop ship owner to pick up a team of marines and bring them into the hot zone. This would also make sense because only a drop ship could pick up npc's vs. real players just piling into a Cutlass Black.
    XPLOR SALVAGER
  • I_MIKE_I

Posted:
    Posted:
    1. Will we be able to purchase the Prowler for UEC once the Game goes life or is it supposed to be as rare as the Vanduul Ships?

2. Can we PLEASE have a Q&A for Banu Merchantman?

3. The Prowler was marketed as a Boarding Ship, but what makes it better for boarding than something that's not even defined as a boarding Ship, like the Redeemer, Constellation, Caterpillar, Freelancer etc.?

4. Is the look of the Tevarin race final or something that may be adjusted based on feedback?
    TEST

• Biter

Posted:
    Posted:
    The sales pitch says the Prowler is fast. How will it compare to other ships such as the Vanguard, Redeemer or Cutlass.
This discussion has been closed.