Did you bought/backed the game for the Sandbox Sim Universe or SQ42 ? (1000+ Votes)

CaptainFalcon07

Posted:
Edited: by CaptainFalcon07
Posted: -
SQ 42 aka "the $15 intro to the PU" for some or "The spiritual successor of Wing Commander" (or any other Chris Roberts game) for others, is worked on by a large portion of the CiG employees.

The "imminent™" (<- mountain of salt with this one please) completion of SQ42 will shift of those people in the "next year" (<- subject to change) to finally concentrate on the PU/sim/sandbox.

According to those panels :

NHfngw0.png
OtaIcxv.png
2pC1CTv.png
hCBEA1N.png

The shift will really speed up the PU "completion" (Note : the PU will supposedly be in constant expansion for 10+ years, like WoW, so never really "complete" as per the Oxford dictionary definition)

Simple poll really :

Did you bought this game for the Multiplayer (Go where no one as gone before in your Carrack, Orgs, Spectrum™, Operation Pitchfork, Org Wars with multiple Javelin/Idriss/Polaris on each side, multicrew, 30+ professions, planetside interests, PvP fight, Fps universe and the billion other things you can do)

Or for the "Cinematic" SQ 42 campaign, supposedly true narration of an adventure, 1500+ pages of script, Mass Effect style storytelling (every dialogue as repercussion on the story and will probably affect how it ends) and all the awesome things I missed.

-SQ 42 is pretty much seen as a useless tens-of-million dollar money pit, and principal reason most of the PU is still "Pen and Paper" stage for some of the citizen (I know most people don't even start the campaign while playing a multiplayer game such as CoD, BF, or StarCraft)

-The SC PU is seen as a useless bloating of feature, constantly pushing back the release of SQ42 that should have been completed X Years ago for some of the early backer

Disclaimer : please see "bought" and "backed" as whatever please you to see, if you see it as a "donation" then consider it's what's written.

PS : The poll doesn't have a third "I like/want them both exactly equally" option on purpose.
Pretty much straightforward :
  1. Why did you bought/backed/donate to this game ?1011 votes
      I bought this game for the PU
      82.99%
    1. I bought this game for Squadron 42
      17.01%
Do not /thread your own post.
Do not quote OP if you answer in the first page.
jEkwlSd.jpg
  • Lerouge

Posted:
    Posted:
    PU all the way, with SQ42 as a bonus :)
    All Empires are meant to fall
  • Soziopath

Posted:
    Posted:
    I backed this game to get a modern version of Privateer, so none of the two options apply to me.
    Aegis Avenger - DV Bronco Buster // Aegis Retaliator - HMAV Bertha // Aegis Vanguard - FSM Oboro
    Drake Cutlass Blue - MTS Super Donkey
    Origin 350R - HSC Röhrl
    Vanduul Glaive - Cut Less
  • Damiv

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    No one paid thousands of dollars for ships they can't even use in SQ42.
  • Somanuse

Posted:
    Edited: by Somanuse
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Backed in 2013 for PU, not Sq42. Sq42 is just a bonus to me.
    [hide]

Nailed it.
    Rn1MIac.gif
  • MaddogK

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

+42
    copy-cft-banner-dotless.jpg
    Sorry CIG, Homey don't play golf
  • Whiplash-1

Posted:
    Posted:
    Want both, I refuse to vote.
    Proud Wing Commander pilot since 1995. Also proud owner of an Aurora LN. Yes, I fly an Aurora. Your pity is wasted on me...
  • CitizenPanda

Posted:
    Posted:
    Neither apply for me. I bought it for multiplayer spaceship combat. An updated x-wing vs tie. So I picked s42 as the closest choice
  • Piratex

Posted:
    Posted:
    Oh look. Another one of these threads that conveniently forgets to have a "both" option in the polls.
    Commander James Redoubt
    X.O. Jaguar's Dragoons PMC
    Veteran Backer
    ANVL Carrack LTI & DRAK Caterpillar LTI & AEGS Avenger Titan Renegade LTI & CNOU Mustang Delta LTI & ORIG 85X LTI
  • Vemaster

Posted:
    Edited: by Vemaster
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Of course PU, SQ42 alway was only thing about some playable content to easier wait of PU release. Not a first priority thing.
    Its just a nice bonus.
    [hide]

This^^
    My God, it's full of stars!
  • McMadderson

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well, considering there's no both option (because I honestly am exactly equally excited for both :P), I voted on the PU, mainly because on the Kickstarter, that's what caught my attention. Then when I found out about S42 in the mix, that got me backing in 2012.

But yeah, in general, I can't wait for an amazing, single-player, cinematic story experience. And I also can't wait for the awesome, open world, multiplayer experience.
    Star Citizen Sig
  • VictorVector

Posted:
    Posted:
    Broken poll. You missed out the "Both" option.
  • Anora

Posted:
    Posted:
    The PU.
    I really don't think they would have made any where near the amount of money they have for just SQ42.
  • Kaedan

Posted:
    Posted:
    Mostly for the PU. SQ42 is a nice bonus.
    3MZl9Cd.jpg
  • Jarac_Rassen

Posted:
    Posted:
    I backed it for Star Citizen/the MMO portion. SQ42 is just a bonus to me.
  • Longcut

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I backed this game to get a modern version of Privateer, so none of the two options apply to me.

&
    [hide]

Want both, I refuse to vote.

• Cyclic

Posted:
    Posted:
    Couldn't care less about Squadron 42. I probably never touch it, but I backed pre split.
  • Ibly1

Posted:
    Posted:
    100% for the MMO. Over time though SQ42 has grown on me so I'm pretty eager to play that now.
  • Alki

Posted:
    Posted:
    PU.
    I probably would have bought SQ42 after release, but I would never have pledged in advance for a simple single player space game, no matter how good.
    MfGCpoa.png
  • Teslo

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I believe there is SQ42 package as well. And its 55$ or somewhere near it.

...Another Story is born...

• Ibly1

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

PU.
    I probably would have bought SQ42 after release, but I would never have pledged in advance for a simple single player space game, no matter how good.

Me too actually. I followed Star Citizen casually over the years but I never actually pledged until 2.0 came out. Basically I had no interest until there was some evidence there would legitimately be a PU.
  • angelarch

Posted:
    Posted:
    PU only for me

I don't care about sq42

TVfyvGZ.gif
  • flashback

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Of course PU, SQ42 alway was only thing about some playable content to easier wait of PU release. Not a first priority thing.
    Its just a nice bonus.

[hide]

THESE
    Wrong! The original pitch was Squadron 42 AND PU (which was a 'stretch goal')
    I originally backed solely for SQ42 but kept getting more ships so now I have to play the PU. lol
    Over 10k people signed up (on the first day!) before the SC concept was even revealed. Meaning, imho they all wanted a new Wing Commander.
    SWFr1YN.png

• Likasius

Posted:
    Posted:
    Pu sandbox sim in space more important then sq42.
    Sq42 is a nice high q. Addition.

But gib all the things.
    source.gifsource.gif
  • TheFace

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

That would be the PU :) Same for me...

O4uZhrB.jpg

• Khulgar

Posted:
    Posted:
    Mostly I look forward to Squadron 42 and Arena Commander. I like the vision of Star Citizen but I don't really expect the PU to be for me. I will give it a whirl but mostly just to be nostalgic about Privateer.
    Tournament mode for Arena Commander!
  • Anthares

Posted:
    Posted:
    i backed for "everything i ever wanted Freelancer to be, and some more"

i also backed "because space sim" - back then we didnt have many, and SC started an avalanche - in that regard its already a success
    MY8jcIT.png 4jdFKrc.png
  • Soziopath

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

That would be the PU :) Same for me...
    Well... not exactly the PU, but it comes close enough I guess. ^^

Privateer and Freelancer nailed it down perfectly: Universe + Story. But that never was part of the pitch for SC so I can't complain about that.
    Aegis Avenger - DV Bronco Buster // Aegis Retaliator - HMAV Bertha // Aegis Vanguard - FSM Oboro
    Drake Cutlass Blue - MTS Super Donkey
    Origin 350R - HSC Röhrl
    Vanduul Glaive - Cut Less
  • Ultior

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

bannier_web_SC_anime_zpshtqkxgpd.gif
  • Deep

Posted:
    Posted:
    Definetly Squadron 42!
    I loved WingCommander and Starlancer! I always wanted a spacegame like thiose again and there it is!

On the other side the PU is interesting, but probably I will not spend much time in there. To be honest I do not understand very well why so many people want the PU. Come on guys a spacecombatsimulation top of the line - thats awesome!
    krt_banner.jpg
  • CaelCat

Posted:
    Edited: by CaelCat
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Actually I bought spaceships to be able to get ships I could never earn as a single player in the mmo. Also I'm buying multiple accounts to multibox. Won't have time for SQ42 since I would get behind in the mmo Star Citizen though IF it was released first I will play it!

The same way you buy Rated Battleground rating for 250$ in WoW because you want the transmog and the same you buy the 500$ swift spectral tiger, because it's rare items and it's an mmo, no single player game matters.
This discussion has been closed.