NOT HAPPY!!! Polaris Pre-sale

Iron-Axe

Posted:
Posted: -
Now, maybe my fault for not reading the small print, but it should have never been small print!

The fact that store credits couldn't be used should have been made a lot clearer, very disappointing to see CIG make such a major mistake.

I can not afford to put extra money in atm, so I melted quite a bit to get some cash together just to find it was all in vein!

So now I have just my original pledge ship left!!

I have never been disapointed with CIG, but this is disgraceful!
tile

• Borcha

Posted:
    Posted:
    All you have to do is wait till Sunday. Then I believe you can store-credit to your hearts content at list price.
  • Syphen

Posted:
    Edited: by Syphen
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I agree it should have been much bigger print and in bold as I too missed it. I will just have to pick it up Sunday and fork over the extra cash.

Really would have been best stated in bold 24 point font in the email IMHO.
  • randbodhi

Posted:
    Posted:
    PreSale Blues...
  • CaptMal

Posted:
    Posted:
    1. It wasn't small print.
    2. Just wait until Sunday and use your credits.
    MRU1IFH.png
         I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.    grafton for MVP
  • DarkMyth

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

All you have to do is wait till Sunday. Then I believe you can store-credit to your hearts content at list price.

Yes it says because of the discount you can't use store credit but come Sunday if you want to pay full price you can use store credit for that.
    ADIClan
  • Logicsol

Posted:
    Posted:
    They are only disallowing store credit because they are giving the pre-sale a 125 dollar discount.
    CiG told you last week what the Polaris would cost, and it wasn't $625.

It was $750. And you'll still be able to get it for that much. On sunday, and until the 17th.
    Lhl72jE.jpg
  • Syphen

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Who reads all the nitty gritty text before hitting buy?
  • The_Ez

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yeah, not being able to use credit demands a discount! At least 125 bucks off!
  • Antinov

Posted:
    Posted:
    I agree, there should have been a big warning about this. Too easy to miss in all the excitement.
    24N.png Do us both a favour, use this code when creating your account: STAR-95N4-4M9L You get 5k UEC, I get RP!
  • Dfox

Posted:
    Edited: by Dfox
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Now, maybe my fault for not reading the small print, but it should have never been small print!

The fact that store credits couldn't be used should have been made a lot clearer, very disappointing to see CIG make such a major mistake.

I can not afford to put extra money in atm, so I melted quite a bit to get some cash together just to find it was all in vein!

So now I have just my original pledge ship left!!

I have never been disapointed with CIG, but this is disgraceful!

CIG offering you a discount is a disgrace? Wait until Sunday to use your store credits, etc.
    [hide]

Lol, exactly.
    vin34hk.png
  • Warptrooper

Posted:
    Edited: by Warptrooper
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

This.

It is NOT a $625 ship. That's just the EXCLUSIVE BONUS for VIPs (Concierge, Subscribers) who are bringing in NEW MONEY.

If you want to melt and / or use store credits, you can buy it on sunday for the regular $750 (which is STILL cheaper than it will be later not to mention LTI will go away after)
    Become a Star Citizen and get 5,000 free Credits. http://tinyurl.com/zqjl4sj. Feel free to message with any questions!
  • Quicksilver

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

For me even with the 'cash only' discount it would actually cost me MORE to buy, thanks to 21% VAT. :P

Sub-total:$625.00 USD
    VAT:$131.25 USD
    Total:$756.25 USD
    oYkaBNE.png
  • Zanmor

Posted:
    Posted:
    I see it this way, it's their way to get people's cash instead of credits. Come on they already have your money, so why not slap a discount on it and say you can't use credit. This way they get new income coming in instead of credit. So to keep they flames down in the forum so you can use credit but pay full price. Credit should be as good as cash.
  • SMG001

Posted:
    Posted:
    I"M ENTITLED! :)
    Brand new?

#PIRATELIVESMATTER #SIGNALBOOST #NOTALLPIRATES
  • ZZs

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

Who reads all the nitty gritty text before hitting buy?
    anyone that doesn't want to be surprised when they find out they should have read ALL the description.
    if you can't be good at what you enjoy.
    Learn to enjoy being bad at it.
  • Logicsol

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

For me even with the 'cash only' discount it would actually cost me MORE to buy, thanks to 21% VAT. :P

Well you could always commit tax fraud. I here that goes well for people.
    Lhl72jE.jpg
  • Liudeius

Posted:
    Posted:
    It's not a mistake, that's exactly the point. Incentivize spending new money.
    If you're not spending new money, you can buy it for $750.
    Brand new?
  • Wolfram

Posted:
    Posted:
    This is nothing new. This is how these sales have been handled in the past. Noobs need to research better before showing that they can't be bothered to understand how these things work.
    iKydxR3.png
  • TacticalAce

Posted:
    Posted:
    I think we can get it with store credits, for $750... Which in all actuality I was prepared to pay the $750 so it doesn't really bother me. The fact that they are offering it for cheaper is just a bonus for people willing to pay such as people that want to put some real money down or never put that kind of money down but can now. So I cant knock it, its a good business move... Its not like they didn't tell us $750 before this came up...
  • AdamTwelv

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

They are only disallowing store credit because they are giving the pre-sale a 125 dollar discount.
    CiG told you last week what the Polaris would cost, and it wasn't $625.

It was $750. And you'll still be able to get it for that much. On sunday, and until the 17th.

• AdamTwelv

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

This.

It is NOT a $625 ship. That's just the EXCLUSIVE BONUS for VIPs (Concierge, Subscribers) who are bringing in NEW MONEY.

If you want to melt and / or use store credits, you can buy it on sunday for the regular $750 (which is STILL cheaper than it will be later not to mention LTI will go away after)
    THIS. And think about it - they were looking to bring in new money (thus the reduced price incentive) from those who have already spent a lot. This in no way hurts new backers or anyone else. I have spent double Concierge level - can't do the cash right now, and will be getting it Sunday.

• Schutzengel

Posted:
    Posted:
    I have bought a Constellation Andromeda package (275USD) with new money prior to the sale and melted it and an LTI Reclaimer (350USD) to free up credits for use (+coupon). If I had known about the pre sale I would not have bought the Andromeda and melted the Reclaimer. Instead I would have bought the pre-sale without second thought, simply because of the discount offered. Now I have the needed credits for the Polaris anyway and could not care less but the knowledge of the Polaris pre sale would have net more cash for CIG in my case. Bad move. Pre sale should have been known the moment the Polaris concept sale was introduced, like:

The Polaris will be sold in unlimited numbers beginning sunday and lasting for ... days. Prior to the sale on sunday the ship will be offered at a discount in a pre-sale, purchaseable only with new money.

Something like that. For me its not about the discount offered, but with the 'almost too late' mentality by CIG :(
  • SMG001

Posted:
    Edited: by SMG001
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

This.

THIS. And think about it - they were looking to bring in new money (thus the reduced price incentive) from those who have already spent a lot. This in no way hurts new backers or anyone else. I have spent double Concierge level - can't do the cash right now, and will be getting it Sunday.

Hit the nail on the head
    Brand new?

#PIRATELIVESMATTER #SIGNALBOOST #NOTALLPIRATES
  • Arunsun

Posted:
    Posted:
    Gee whiz reading must be hard

Bod699's Twitch Stream
  • Agronox

Posted:
    Posted:
    As we say in the business.... Ida George Mary :D
    My super hornet runs on pirate's tears.
  • NadiusMaximus

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

To think, one of the "causes" of the revolutionary war was a tax WAY less than that. 21%, that's nuts. I feel sorry for you guys. I'm not joking or anything, ever time I hear that Vat tax mentioned, I cringe.
    One Out of Every Seven Retaliator Crew Members Is Dissatisfied with the Number of Escape Pods.
    logo.png?49
  • avengingangel

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

This.

well i was gonna but with credits and just by other ships back cause already several in melt i wanted back

We live in space, But it is our destiny to die by fire.
  • Somanuse

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Rn1MIac.gif
  • Third

Posted:
    Posted:
    Kraiklyn's warning of "be wary what you melt" for the Polaris comes into a bit more context now.
    ht_zpsodwpasdc.jpg
  • TBenz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Kraiklyn's warning of "be wary what you melt" for the Polaris comes into a bit more context now.

Yeaah. They knew exactly what was about to happen, and did very little to mitigate it.
    What's the deal with starline food?

BMM.gif