Your Chance to Be a Part of CitizenCon 2946!

discolando

Developer

Posted:
Edited: by discolando
Posted: -
Greetings Citizens.

We have an idea. We think it's a fun idea, but it can only happen with your help. We need videos. Lots and lots of videos in a short amount of time.

We'd like as many of you that are interested in participating to upload a 30-45 second video of yourself giving the following information on camera.

1) Your In-Game Name.
2) Where You Are From.
3) What does Star Citizen mean to you?
4) What makes the Star Citizen Community so special?
5) End with "I'm a Star Citizen."

If you'd like to participate, upload that video to YouTube (Public or Unlisted) and place the link here in a post on this thread. Only links included here can be considered (legal stuff.)

To be considered, your video should have the best picture and sound you can manage. Mobile phone video is okay, just go to a nice quiet place with decent lighting to record it. We have to start picking those that will be included by October 3rd, so get your entries in as soon as you can, and maybe you'll find yourself part of the CitizenCon 2946 broadcast on Sunday, October 9th!

EDIT #1: Videos should be in English, but we'd love for you to submit a second version in your native language. If there's time to source our own translation, we might just use it instead!

EDIT #2: Don't put music in your video. We'll do that. =)
Jared Huckaby
Community Manager, Cloud Imperium Games
  • norgeek

Posted:
    Edited: by norgeek
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Question: Is the "in-game name" my forum username (norgeek) which people see me as in the game now, or my intended in-game name (Aronn Cornwell) once we hit character persistency? Or is either fine?

Guess I'll dig out my DSLR in the morning :)
  • Silkinael

Posted:
    Posted:
    Another question !
    Videos must be in english ? Or other languages might be considered too ?
  • Alastrom

Posted:
    Posted:
    Great idea! I'll be putting something together soon.
  • kinshadow

Posted:
    Edited: by kinshadow
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Aye aye, sir

ZaE2Cbb.png
  • discolando

Developer

Posted:
    Edited: by discolando
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Another question !
    Videos must be in english ? Or other languages might be considered too ?

An excellent question we considered. The reality here is that we have to be able to know what you're saying, so English is the best option for that. We would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have videos in your native language, but we may run out of time to properly consider your video if we can't find our own translation in time. And no, we can't just take your word or your own translation for it. We have to be able to independently verify it ourselves, and there just may not be enough time for that with everything else going on. =/

So what I'd recommend here is that you provide the video in both languages if you can. It's your best shot at being included. I'd hate for you to miss out because we couldn't source our own translation in time, but will absolutely include your native language version if we can vette it before our deadline.
    Jared Huckaby
    Community Manager, Cloud Imperium Games
  • Specter768

Posted:
    Edited: by Specter768
    Posted:
    Edited:
    copy that Red one.

Banu Defender, Cutlass Black, Origin 350R.
    System: AMD R7 1800X, 16GB DDR4 2933, RX480 8GB
  • Alastrom

Posted:
    Posted:
    I know "get the video" is the main goal, but is there any sort of continuity you'd like us to aim for? Types of background, lighting color, location?
  • EremiticWolf

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'll try to get one this weekend.
    I NEVER LOSE, I either WIN or, I LEARN

Use my referrel code and get 5,000 UEC - code: STAR-HJL9-N7RM
  • Arrangingstars

Posted:
    Posted:
    Awesome opportunity for the community, thank you CIG!
    TEST

• Stoofolo78

Posted:
    Posted:
    Minor suggestion. I AM a Star Citizen would be a better finish than I'm a Star Citizen. I will be doing it my way. :).
    ZopTT9B.jpg
  • JohnnyBlue07

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'm so shy and nervous to do this. I feel so awkward in front of a camera.

@DiscoLando-CIG is it fair to ask how it will be used for CitizenCon? Will it be a quick montage of submitted videos or will you be focusing on the more interesting ones?
  • Fizzy_Amp

Posted:
    Edited: by Fizzy_Amp
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Updated: I'm too shy to upload the video. Sorry :/

• nuII

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good luck to everyone pursuing it!
    Imperium Recruitment
  • ArtiDee

Posted:
    Posted:
    I guess I will be the pioneer here:

• nojan

Posted:
    Posted:
    NOiCE to know!!
    3ic5.gif
  • SFLSpear

Posted:
    Posted:
    -Swordfish Longspear
  • Mr-FouineurduWeb

Posted:
    Posted:
    I am in! I will do that for tomorrow. ;)
  • Alloc

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    I'll get a video made tonight :)
  • Khan447

Posted:
    Posted:
    Whats Is Love, Baby Come Hurt Me
  • OlemFalla

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'm always behind the camera, I hate being ON camera... But for you... Why the heck not.
    What the hell did I just do???
  • Stumpy

Posted:
    Posted:
    Love the idea.. considering doing one myself. Maybe...

An observation:
    DiscoLando-CIG:
    [hide]

We'd like as many of you that are interested in participating to upload a 30-45 second video of yourself giving the following information on camera.

but 30-45 seconds ends up being currently 1:04 on the shortest video. Basically double the allocated time. Now imagine hundreds of people... Possibly time at the CitizenCon presentation will be infinite... I guess. :-p
  • Spectre-ZERO-1

Posted:
    Posted:
    Now I really need to fight off that cold cold quickly.
    "As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy."
    --Christopher Dawson
  • GTX1080

Posted:
    Edited: by GTX1080
    Posted:
    Edited:
    https://youtu.be/BmcCgGHJNQw

GREETINGS from China, the URL is 0.jpg
  • End-yo

Posted:
    Posted:
    How could I not?

• Dobakjang

Posted:
    Posted:
    will you pick only one or some several others too and show them together?
  • Wildgun

Posted:
    Edited: by Boraxx
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Now i have a Polaris HO HO HO
  • oldbloodandguts

Posted:
    Edited: by oldbloodandguts
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Hellos, Lando:

By chance, I had already posted a video along similar lines to your requirements within the past weeks. I have pictures of me/life stuff in here and I do the voiceover, let me know if I need to redo this with just me on camera to be eligible and I certainly could do so.
    I think I could cut this down to the time requirement (which I'm beyond) if I remove the Freelancer sequence and just redo the narrative.

I don't have a ton of views, but have pretty positive feedback so far from those who have seen it and I am interested in any feedback the community has in general. I wanted to relay my personal story for new folks regarding my project involvement, as it has been my pleasure to be part of this wonderful thing since October of 2012.

Thanks for reaching out to us for this and we are all looking forward to CitizenCon!

Here is my story:

Kind Regards
  • Alloc

On Probation
    Posted:
    Edited: by Alloc
    On Probation
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Think it's pretty safe to say this contest is for US citizens only ? anyways my video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK73ZmmDDqN/?taken-by=greatwildguns

How the hell, do you get to that? They just ask people to make a video in english, and you say its for US only? Lol....
    Also, where the hell do you see this is a contest??
    Says on reddit:

Your Chance to Be a Part of CitizenCon 2946

Just guessing it's a contest were winner could travel there, maybe i was wrong.BTW try to not make so much drama out of nothing.
    Dude, nowhere does it state that... Its clearly about being a part of their video they are planning to make...
    And reddit?

Jared clearly stated:

maybe you'll find yourself part of the CitizenCon 2946 broadcast on Sunday

• MoverMarcus

Posted:
    Edited: by MoverMarcus
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

Think it's pretty safe to say this contest is for US citizens only ? anyways my video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BK73ZmmDDqN/?taken-by=greatwildguns

How the hell, do you get to that? They just ask people to make a video in english, and you say its for US only? Lol....
    Also, where the hell do you see this is a contest??
    Says on reddit:

Your Chance to Be a Part of CitizenCon 2946

Just guessing it's a contest were winner could travel there, maybe i was wrong.BTW try to not make so much drama out of nothing.
    I think the more obvious thing would be that they show a compilation of video's at Citizencon

Edit: Ninja'd by Alloc (-:

I am Marcus and it has been 072 days since I last pledged / Video: SPACE PANTS!

p6xhefy
  • John_Zimari

Posted:
    Posted:
    i'm sorry about the 45 sec time mark, but in sweden we have no concept of time.

Live now, it's your only chance
This discussion has been closed.