Bishop for Imperator!

Niarbeht

Posted:
Edited: by Niarbeht
Posted: -
His speech before the Senate has convinced me. He is the man needed to lead the Empire to victory!

nonMdxN.png

uf47GB6.jpg
Join the 73rd!
Without Victory, there can be no Survival! Bishop for Imperator!
  • Hippias

Posted:
    Posted:
    1000 year Bishop dynasty.
  • Tosk

Posted:
    Posted:
    He has my vote
    Aurora // Avenger // M50 // 350R // Freelancer // F7A-M Super Hornet // Gladiator // Starfarer // Retaliator // Constellation // Vanduul Scythe // Idris-M // Xi'An Khartu // Gladius // Herald // Redeemer // Carrack // Mustang // Orion // Hull A, B, C
  • FlightLizard

Posted:
    We are now officially on a war footing. Who do you want leading your Empire?
    Cé gur féidir liom a guí chun Dé , faigheann mo gunna meaisín fós ar an nod.

-Translation from Gaelic: Although I might pray to God, my machine gun still gets a nod.
  • Irishdude

Posted:
    Posted:
    He is the one we need?
    ;P

• Five_Sigma

Posted:
    Posted:
    Who would vote for him? The answer is

PQiOBY1.gif
    zn0mbXf.gif
    Cutlass 'Red'+'Blue' | Aegis Reclaimer | Anvil Terrapin | Constellation Phoenix | Drake Herald | Karthu Al | Reliant Tana | Esperia Glaive | Super Hornet | MISC Endeavor
  • FatToad

Posted:
    Posted:
    His speech was so awesome i ran down to the local recruitment center and signed up all 3 of my neighbors kids. That will teach them to stay off my lawn. :)

But yes strong and competent leadership is needed for these times. he has my vote.
    futurama-obey-1337x768-wallpaper-776849.
  • TBenz

Posted:
    Posted:
    Doesn't sound like he wants to.

ADMIRAL ERNST BISHOP

If he had any interest in playing politics, he would have easily been promoted to High Command by now, but he’s exactly where he wants to be and exactly where the Empire needs him; patrolling the dangerous front lines of Vanduul space, hunting for a foe that’s constantly probing for a weakness, any weakness, to cross that border and fight.

He who controls the pants, controls the galaxy.

BMM.gif

• FradinRyth

Posted:
    Posted:
    2442tt:
    [hide]

ADMIRAL ERNST BISHOP

If he had any interest in playing politics, he would have easily been promoted to High Command by now, but he’s exactly where he wants to be and exactly where the Empire needs him; patrolling the dangerous front lines of Vanduul space, hunting for a foe that’s constantly probing for a weakness, any weakness, to cross that border and fight.

Same thing could have been said about Julius Ceasar. Off in the frontiers waging war against Romes enemies, until he crossed the Rubicon...
    Never trust anything I say when I wink ';)' and only half of what I say when I don't. ;)Frad's Sig
  • Sutuul

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

2442tt:
    [hide]

ADMIRAL ERNST BISHOP

Same thing could have been said about Julius Ceasar. Off in the frontiers waging war against Romes enemies, until he crossed the Rubicon...
    Sometimes civilizations are better off with a tyrant than a corrupt senate.
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    Join the 73rd!
  • Dalriaden_Greywolf

Posted:
    Posted:
    The speech was good, but it didn't punch me right in the feels like this one:

• Ryoko

Posted:
    Edited: by Ryoko
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

1000 year Bishop dynasty.

iv_the_god_emperor_by_commissarmuskeg-d5

Pretty sure thats how warhammer 40k space marine lore started XD
  • suisen

Posted:
    Posted:
    2442tt:
    [hide]

Uh duh that's why he would be the best.
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

dNyTaQX.png
    Just added this.

EDIT: Not sure who I stole it from, can't give credit :'(

EDIT2: Found it again! https://www.reddit.com/user/dragmyr
    Join the 73rd!
  • suisen

Posted:
    Edited: by suisen
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I would literally post that on the wall

@wcloaf
    What do you think of having propaganda poster merchandise for sale?

Or posters in general.
  • WullieWullie

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

2442tt:
    [hide]

^ This.

It's usually standard policy to be at least a little wary of people who actually WANT to be politicians.
    inexcon_signature2_1_by_josh20131-d8a9iz4.png
  • Addict

Posted:
    Posted:
    Not as good as :

Referral Code: STAR-S77S-XYQQ

• WheeledWriter

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

0.jpg

I always find it amusing that people reference ID4 as an inspiring movie - it is a big ball of cheese :) As an Aussie, that independence speech comes across as corny as hell.

My point is without the emotional investiture that some people have for the 4th of July, the ID4 speech looses a great deal of impact.

I suspect this is what's happening for a lot of people watching the Bishop speech - we may be invested in CIG and SC in general but not much of an emotional connection to the universe or the people in it yet - so we go with meh... it doesn't have the meaning it would have to a person who grew up in the verse.

Just like Independence Day has a lot more emotional impact for Americans than anyone else because it's pushing certain emotional buttons that non-Americans may not have, Bishop's speech doesn't have the same impact for a lot of people that don't have the emotional buttons he's pushing...like us...
    Who needs legs, when you have Wings?
  • SonnyBoyIII

Posted:
    Posted:
    Gary Oldman is such a good fit for Bishop. Heil Bishop!
  • suisen

Posted:
    Posted:
    Are there going to be dynamic events?

Like what happened to Vega, only without warning. There'll be a few players trapped on a remote planet while vanduul swarm in and destroy everything; send out distress signals and for the rest of their time in game be like "YOU WEREN'T THERE PHIL. HIS BLOOD WAS ON MY SHOES" or some sort of ptsd
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

nonMdxN.png
    Added this. Oh, Internet, how I love thee.

EDIT: Stole it from @RenegadeTurtle
    Join the 73rd!
  • TBenz

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

2442tt:
    [hide]

Well of course.

BMM.gif

• k1ddkanuck

Posted:
    Edited: by k1ddkanuck
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

His speech before the Senate has convinced me. He is the man needed to lead the Empire to victory!

nonMdxN.png

dNyTaQX.png
    Oh God. That's another Messer era waiting to happen. I mean I like the guy and everything but damn... War heroes shouldn't be heads of state just because they're war heroes.
  • FradinRyth

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

nonMdxN.png

dNyTaQX.png
    ...War heroes shouldn't be heads of state just because they're war heroes.
    Lies, Powell/Huntsman 2016!
    You can just file this under things that would never ever happen or Frad's off his meds again and move along ;)
    Never trust anything I say when I wink ';)' and only half of what I say when I don't. ;)Frad's Sig
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

nonMdxN.png

dNyTaQX.png
    ...War heroes shouldn't be heads of state just because they're war heroes.
    Lies, Powell/Huntsman 2016!
    You can just file this under things that would never ever happen or Frad's off his meds again and move along ;)
    Who? What? And 2016 was 900 years ago, what are you talking about? You really are off your meds, buddy, better go see a doctor :P
    Join the 73rd!
  • Liudeius

Posted:
    Posted:
    Bishop is incompetent.
    Give him taxes from a hundred billion humans.
    Give him a population which is forced to join the military to vote (and therefore probably has a military billions strong).

And he still only sends a single Bengal after the Vanduul.

A child could command the military better.
    Brand new?
  • Niarbeht

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Bishop is incompetent.
    Give him a population which is forced to join the military to vote (and therefore probably has a military billions strong).

Considering he only commands the Second Fleet, and not the whole of the UEE Navy, I find your understanding of his position lacking.

The most notable assets under his command are the UEES Paul Steed, a single Bengal Carrier, and Squadron 42, a volunteer unit assigned to the Paul Steed. So, it sounds to me like if he's just bringing in a single Bengal Carrier, then he's fully committed. Would you care to try again, or are you really that much in favor of another Vega?

As the man himself said, Tiber, Orion, Caliban, and Virgil were all once UEE-controlled systems. The colonies at Armitage, in Orion, are desolate and abandoned, the surface of the planet scarred by anti-matter bombs. Tiber II is a massive graveyard after centuries of warfare, centuries of half-hearted attempts to stop the Vanduul fleets that stage there. Virgil I was once a thriving colony undergoing successful terraforming, and now it, too, sits abandoned.

The truth is evident to any willing to open their eyes. The time for retreat has passed. If we wish to survive, we must fight in earnest, as though our lives depend on it. They do. Ask the survivors of Vega. Ask the dead of Tiber, Virgil, and Armitage. Ask yourself what price must be paid for our future, for our lives, for our survival?
    Join the 73rd!
  • Dalriaden_Greywolf

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

0.jpg

I always find it amusing that people reference ID4 as an inspiring movie - it is a big ball of cheese :) As an Aussie, that independence speech comes across as corny as hell.

My point is without the emotional investiture that some people have for the 4th of July, the ID4 speech looses a great deal of impact.

I suspect this is what's happening for a lot of people watching the Bishop speech - we may be invested in CIG and SC in general but not much of an emotional connection to the universe or the people in it yet - so we go with meh... it doesn't have the meaning it would have to a person who grew up in the verse.

Just like Independence Day has a lot more emotional impact for Americans than anyone else because it's pushing certain emotional buttons that non-Americans may not have, Bishop's speech doesn't have the same impact for a lot of people that don't have the emotional buttons he's pushing...like us...
    I agree and I mentioned that in another thread, having not fought vanduul, having not been to the planet, having not played anything then AC, I have no investment in what happens, no emotional attachment to a location or character in the game. That makes it hard to view the speech as passionate and inflammatory. Once 2.0 comes out and we haz some brawls with the vanduul that will be a different story. That said, I'm going to back Rhona Mitra's character, lol.
  • Necromorph

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

2442tt:
    [hide]

^

We need strong central leadership guys.
    We need a Imperator! Bureaucracy is choking our Empire!

• TBenz

Posted:
    Edited: by TBenz
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

Bishop is incompetent.

He isn't in command of the entire military, so I don't see how you could judge him as if he were.

In fact, we know next to nothing about the details of the military response (how much time they had, what resources were available, how fast they could communicate, ect...) so making any judgement calls about management is kinda BS.

BMM.gif