Hey!

Jared Huckaby
Community Manager, Cloud Imperium Games
  • R3D4_Rhalgamaziel

Posted:
    Edited: by R3D4_Rhalgamaziel
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Deception... thinking that this was the cockpit of a retaliator remake... but not... Vanguard...
    Hebergeur d'image
  • SanTech

Posted:
    Posted:
    Very nice Show.
    THX <3
    !!! Signature !!! YAAAAAAAAY!!! Ich habe eine!! ;)
  • sanctus_Paulus

Posted:
    Posted:
    I waited for that kind of art section (helmets and stuff) since the first ATV. It was great. Too short though (: We need more process details.
    No more space planes WIP
  • dragonslayer4w

Posted:
    Edited: by dragonslayer4w
    Posted:
    Edited:
    so when is this ship pipeline forum going to be ready for use..? i really love this idea..when will we be able to track are ships?
    edit- never mind i found it, its in this same category..and we can track them now..
    (heaven don't want me and hell is afraid ill take over)
  • Taktiker

Posted:
    Posted:
    The faces in the "Empire Report" part are always very very yellow.
    Colorcorrection can fix that. Also some spill on darker colors (only finetuning with the spill supressor)

:)
  • Stadulator

Posted:
    Posted:
    Fantastic episode! TONS of information this week!
    GET BACK TO WORK DISCO!
    Vanguard Warden, F7A-M SH, Hurricane, Esperia Blade, Terrapin, Reliant SEN, Hull-B, Hull-C, Herald, CAT, Dragonfly, Crucible

Intel i7-6800 @4.0GHz, MSI Pro Carbon, GTX 1070 FTW (x2), 64gb Corsair Vengeance, 500GB SSD, WIN 10 64bit

• Nicirin

Posted:
    Posted:
    Those helmet designs look so epic!
    Imperium Recruitment
  • Celevra

Posted:
    Posted:
    4f361778_960px_shut_up_and_take_my_money
    SHErsbO.png
  • Moosebeard

Posted:
    Posted:
    The integration from James' interview to the Omar and the helmet reveal - taking us through the process- was just great.
    Thank you. This helped me appreciate the process and feel "part of it" simply by greater understanding and seeing what is happening. Really Really good.
  • Wiborg1978

Posted:
    Posted:
    First: English is not my native language, so i hope you understand it nevertheless.

@wcloaf: You told in a couple of episodes that Sandi and you would like to have a feedback and that you both read every comment. So here is mine:

Great episode, thanks everybody for your hard work on it!

I like to have a cup like Sandi and you! Put it to the store, PLEASE !
    l also like to have some SC-Tattoo-stickers like Sandi has on her arm...

zsrw3aqm.jpg

...and yes, i know you guys have a lot of SC-Tattoo-Stickers! By the way are the wine bottles a fan present or did you offered it?

zou8xrz6.jpg

I like the empire report very much. First i didn´t liked it much but now...i don´t want to miss it.

Nice statement from Lisa. Sounds logically and everybody have to cool down and wait for the unready ships because their is a lot of work to do. I´m also waiting a loooong time but i´m going to clean up my hangar for visitors in the meantime.

Just some sugesstions for ATV:

Because of the social module is coming soon™ maybe you could interview some devs about it with a little outlook to it, about if friends can visit your hangar, about different social hangar modules called the room system (like Ben talked about in ATV episode 4 - yes you talked about the room system before 53 episodes) and so on. I guess that would be very cool.

MVP: I like the MVP and what the fans are doing is amazing. What is reason for it that you announce it and not longer the Lead Moderator? I have no problem with that, just a question.
    Maybe it´s possible to make an own Thread under the "Star Citizen Community" section where all MVP winner threads were moved in? Please only the MVP threads and nobody else could open a thread there so there´s a good overview.

Maybe you can talk in the next ATV something about the Customer Service guys. I really miss that segment!!!
    I also missing some informations about who are our new guys from CS? Names, Faces, Locations. I guess Allie C is still one (hello Allie) but who are the other ones?
    Just some statement about the ticket delays at the moment because of gamescom, something like in ATV episode 23! So it´s clear for everybody whats going on.
    *Not for ATV but generally for this theme i´m missing an announcement in the Concierge-Forum at all. Who are our new Chelseas? What´s going on with the perk-polls and so on. It´s just silence their like on a churchyard since Chelsea left. Are we alone in the dark their?*

I would like to see anyway at ATV the Customer Service segment with informations about it. What´s going on, what are the plans for the future, what´s going on at merchedising (show and talk about the cool stuff what´s already in the store and what´s going to find their way to it / Please choose a week before it's in Store announced), flairs, whatever. Like in the old episodes! I didn´t saw anything about presents for the CS at all in the last couple ATV episodes. Do you haven´t receiced any more cookies, fan stuff and so on, or you simply didn´t show no longer what the backers send to you?

I already like to see that short segment "Dev quotes" with Calix Reneau and his guitare again. I found that pretty cool.

I like to see something funny like in episode 3. Not in every episode that would be too much but maybe just every 10th episode:

ecwny3wn.jpg
    @JPugh_CIG i just laught my a$$ off if i saw that. Great work, you and Travis.

At least i see a lot of cool stuff in the episodes (posters, wine bottles, are these crabs on the second picture?, and so on). Sometimes i´m just wondering if it´s fan stuff or productions from CIG. What about these crabs?

Well, i have a lot of other suggestions but for ATV i´m done...for today :)

See you next episode!

Best,
    Wiborg1978
    Cloud Imperium GameR
    5,000 UEC Bonus by use this Referral-Code: STAR-QLYZ-7M5H
    d2t9qpt6shsl1j8od.gif
  • Nelson01

Posted:
    Posted:
    Those were some sweet sweet looking helmets.
  • Gimpkid

Posted:
    Posted:
    i was confused by the part about the gamescom free fly. it gave me the impression that i would be able to rope a friend or two into arena commander for a bit to get them hooked.
  • Newt51

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good episode...my biggest dislike currently is the quality of some of the videos from the other studios and the animation for the office visiting segment...this is an ongoing peeve but if i had to name anything bothering me thats it. Great show overall though especially love the concepts etc of the helmets that was awesome!
    m4GNCpR.png
  • MPcdn

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good show but illfonic should not have people typing in the background the sound is distracting.
  • Tali_Zorah

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Good show but illfonic should not have people typing in the background the sound is distracting.

yeah I found that a bit distracting
  • Boraxx

Posted:
    Posted:
    ouch my wallet... vanguards hurt not just in space

Purple replies are Moderator replies. click for forum rules
    boraxx-sig1.png

• Bardas

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

ouch my wallet... vanguards hurt not just in space

haha - yeah - I've been hoping I could find a point of hangar saturation before the Vanguards resurfaced... Darn you CIG - darn you to heck!!! (raises fist - quietly reaches for wallet so wife doesn't hear)
  • Bardas

Posted:
    Edited: by Bardas
    Posted:
    Edited:
    What Lisa did in the Ship Shape intro - talking about the roles Sandi, Alyssa, and Ben own in the ship pipeline was pretty cool. It'd be good to hear a little more like that about others in CIG - understanding not everyone is going to get a dev interview. :) Maybe a spotlight on a CIG employee at the beginning of Ship Shape and their role as it applies to the game - that would be neat and well received, imo.
  • Beret

Posted:
    Posted:

Because of the social module is coming soon™ maybe you could interview some devs about it with a little outlook to it, about if friends can visit your hangar, about different social hangar modules called the room system (like Ben talked about in ATV episode 4 - yes you talked about the room system before 53 episodes) and so on. I guess that would be very cool.

+42

and I suggested something similar last week :)
  • MrVic

Posted:
    Posted:
    I rather enjoyed Omar's helmet and art break down. Very good job of laying out the process and folks he works with.

Actually was very interesting which normally I'm not big on clothes persay, but helmets I dig more. Anyway. I liked the whole break down start to finish.

Plus the helmets were pretty freaking amazing in detail and influences into them.
    Warning Posting via Phone often.....Incoming Typos!

• MtOjebogi

Posted:
    Edited: by MtOjebogi
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I like the ship status page. I been eyeing it, every so often.

But it seems it hasn't been updated for a month. I am guessing it's a monthly update. So it's due soon?
    OZlCER2.png
  • D_Virtuous_Hero

Posted:
    Posted:
    Liked when Omar mentioned Jeremiah's sketch and how it transformed into the helmet. Also liked what he actually does with the helmets, pretty good job!

VentureDeals
  • Capt_Whiteside

Posted:
    Edited: by Capt_Whiteside
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Omar should have his own segment on ATV , he could pester other artists and get them to give rundowns on processes from concepts to finished results , and we would get to see some more sweet content .You don't even need to ask CR .....he dosnt even need to know ... OK go .but seriously awesome work
  • Chaplain76

Posted:
    Posted:
    I never thought I led a dull life until I gave thought to how exciting some helmets and flight deck uniforms for a video game made me when I watched this video... Where's my rum?

Seriously... I need some rum.
    wi3SvHW.png
  • Bardas

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I never thought I led a dull life until I gave thought to how exciting some helmets and flight deck uniforms for a video game made me when I watched this video... Where's my rum?

Seriously... I need some rum.

Don't feel alone - I got so excited I looked up all the different jobs/color assignments for flight deck personnel as a refresher... Red and Yellow are just the beginning. XD

And if I may - something blackstrap should do the trick.
  • DisasMaster

Posted:
    Posted:
    An excellent episode as always, and I really appreciate the time and effort that goes into making these. Thank you!

When are we going to see the Frankfurt office as a part of the studio check-ins? We were introduced to them back in April and it would be really nice to get a quick five minute update from them every week to hear what they're working on, just like all of the other studios do.

I realize this is nit-picky, but Lisa regularly talks in the future tense in her introductions, when the her segment is right now, not sometime in the future. I'm not sure if she knows it's being prerecorded and feels like she has to talk about it as if it's going to air sometime down the road. For some reason her use of the future tense always breaks the immersion for me, whereas during other parts of the show I almost feel as if everything is live.
  • Mavy2143

Posted:
    Edited: by Mavy2143
    Posted:
    Edited:
    great episode .. as always ^^

more infos are always appreciated :-)
    maybe you can get saitek to create a small video you can include in ATV (or some screenshots and Links )
    so we can stay informed .. i dont know how many backers actually saw the Gamescom reveal of the HOTAS/+trackball

as to the MVP .. the lack of a common place to find them is somewhat .. well lacking ..
    maybe collecting them in a special part of the forum helps (as @Wiborg1978 pointed out)
    Launch, Crash, Repeat :D
  • Wiborg1978

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

great episode .. as always ^^

more infos are always appreciated :-)
    maybe you can get saitek to create a small video you can include in ATV (or some screenshots and Links )
    so we can stay informed .. i dont know how many backers actually saw the Gamescom reveal of the HOTAS/+trackball

as to the MVP .. the lack of a common place to find them is somewhat .. well lacking ..
    maybe collecting them in a special part of the forum helps (as @Wiborg1978 pointed out)

Well, the question for me is if all that saitek stuff comes out as a concept sale with LTI? :)
    5,000 UEC Bonus by use this Referral-Code: STAR-QLYZ-7M5H
    d2t9qpt6shsl1j8od.gif
  • Mavy2143

Posted:
    Edited: by Mavy2143
    Posted:
    Edited:
    if i'm supposed buy a 500$ hotas i wouldnt mind it coming with actual LTI :-D
    (ich hasse es jetzt schon die 19% für nüsse auszugeben wegen der MwSt.)
    Launch, Crash, Repeat :D
  • Doubleshot

Posted:
    Posted:
    Helmet question. In the helmet segment of ATV this week, August 17th, the helmets looked awesome. However, I've noticed that they don't have a flat screw on flange or twist latch on the bottom that attaches the helmet to the suit. The bottom of the helmet is actually made up of two or more different segments not in a plane to make a seal. How do the helmets make the air tight seal to our suits to make them effective in a vacuum?
    "True delight is in the finding out rather than the knowing." Isaac Asimov