DiscoLando-CIG

Developer

Posted:
Posted: -
We're back! Take a look behind the scenes of the making of the Multi-Crew Demo.

Jared Huckaby
Community Manager, Cloud Imperium Games
  • Glacier

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good show. Could the new backer vid be published seperately? Would be something nice I think a lot of backers would like and could make use of in their vids.
    There is only us against them. Humanity versus Vanduul. Admiral Bishop
    qKDYv9j.jpg
  • D_Virtuous_Hero

Posted:
    Posted:
    Just to let you know mate i noticed Ben said at 9:24 the magazine, it should have accompanied a link underneath the vid - checked and it's not on youtube either.

VentureDeals
  • Bardas

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks for the show and HOOYA to the first pilot to complete the swarm for the Aggressor Badge - nice touch awarding the Glaive!
  • Ryler

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thx Disco
    R5UTpJS.jpg
  • Beret

Posted:
    Posted:
    May suggest more emphasizes on the Social Module since that is what's coming out next. So Get the dev's and or producers to tell us what's going to come ,what they want tested etc.. what is coming in on later versions
  • Nalfaine

Posted:
    Edited: by Nalfaine
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Thanks for the continued posting of these cool videos. :)

Though sometimes I really wish you guys would actually follow up with some of those stories in the empire report lol.
    photo Sig 12.gif
  • BadWolfCoda

Posted:
    Posted:
    Good show! Gamescom was spectacular!!!
    Polaris "JARAH" | Carrack "T'POL" | Merchantman "VERY BAD CHILD" | Cutlass "CLAUDIA BLACK" | Herald "DEAD LINK" | 85X "CAREFUL SHOUTING" |

The day is my enemy.
  • Nalfaine

Posted:
    Posted:
    Oh and could you guys possibly idk sell something like that poster that only had a thousand made? with all those signatures?
    photo Sig 12.gif
  • xXsplashXx

Posted:
    Posted:
    How can we use that gamescom2015 code? dont find anything on the website
  • magnificus

Posted:
    Posted:
    Ok usually don´t comment but
    Go behind the scenes Gamescom 2015, this segment had epic cutting, it was definitely an improvement above previous segments. It felt really natural and not forced cuting between the interviewee, gameplay and office/whiteboard scenes, it felt right.

The road scene at the start was a little gimmicky but the rest great!
    Always look for more...
  • MarcusPerry

Posted:
    Posted:
    This was an excellent show, very well executed. The best so far. Ben is at his best when he is alone, he has really come a long way as a presenter. The Behind the Scenes segment was excellent - thats how its done.

Just the Ship Shape replacement was a letdown. As much as I enjoy Darian talk, by now GOST has been explained to us about a dozen times by just as many people.
    "Gravity is a harsh mistress"
  • kayumust

Posted:
    Posted:
    it was acctually great ! now for the studios its just tooo boring to watch unless you really need the specifik info .. so i suggest spicing that up
    rSjRliF.png
  • WardenWolf

Posted:
    Posted:
    Watched directly on YouTube, with quality set to HD 1080P - but some parts looked like they were interlaced. It was especially noticeable on parts showing in-game content from the Gamescom demo, and the special effects looked wonky with interlacing effects on top of them. Not a huge deal, but I figured I'd mention it :)
    God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us (Romans 5:8)
    330077282.png
    Intel Xeon E3-1240 V3 | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | 32GB DDR3 | 400GB SSD | Windows 10 Pro
  • Tokomi

Posted:
    Posted:
    As I said in the Dispatch.
    Well put together, all.
    Very nicely done, Ben.
  • Micha

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

How can we use that gamescom2015 code? dont find anything on the website

They removed the info message on top of the website in favour of patch announcement. Go to http://SCFLYfree.com
    HornetScimitarFreelancer
  • Valundras

Posted:
    Edited: by Valundras
    Posted:
    Edited:
    This was a great episode to watch! I can only agree with @magnificus, this was great work on the gamescon special! I enjoyed this one quite a bit!
  • Drewman182

Posted:
    Posted:
    Really enjoyed this episode. But maybe should've been called the Darian Vorlick show? :) Many thanks all at CIG for making this game! Gamescon really made me look forward to AC 2.0
    My famous last words "I've picked one up, I can't shake him."
  • ArikCross

Posted:
    Edited: by ArikCross
    Posted:
    Edited:
    This was probably my favorite ATV to date. Ben nailed it. Was professional and clear on what he wanted to talk about. The excitement and enthusiasm could be heard in his voice. The studios all offered great info. The Dev interviews were a really cool touch. The only thing I could say I missed about it were of course Sandi and the cringe worthy Ben puns lol. Ive started out ignoring them, then kind of grinning at them, now I really enjoy them haha. Well done though, great episode guys.
  • Telarius

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Ok usually don´t comment but
    Go behind the scenes Gamescom 2015, this segment had epic cutting, it was definitely an improvement above previous segments. It felt really natural and not forced cuting between the interviewee, gameplay and office/whiteboard scenes, it felt right.

Exactly my opinion. I like the music, the cutting .. "gute arbeit" ;).

I like the show, i missed Sandi, but Ben did a great job. Can it be that Ben is about little bit gray? So much stress ? Or is simply passed so much time? No matter, great show !! Please more in that quality !!

Telarius-FKRBV.png
  • Alnour

Posted:
    Posted:
    Great show as always - more more :) pls
    Reliant - 325A - Vanguard
  • wolferblade

Posted:
    Edited: by wolferblade
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I always love watching ATV at the end of the week, and have done so for quite a while now. I usually don't comment, but will make an exception this time. This one was so well done... it was snappier than previous ones, with heaps of info and new footage, etc. Very professional. Thanks guys for all your efforts with these, they really are a core part of what makes this game special! :)

You guys having more material is going to be the case after Gamescom, because there is a fair bit of material you produced for that, but still, I thought it was excellent seeing all the new stuff so succinctly put together. The team are really taking it to the next level. Sound levels were great, the cutting between segments was great, the behind the scenes stuff was shot well, told a good coherent story, and was cut together well. Good work guys!

But, um... just a *small* niggle I really need to mention. The new backer video looks nice and shiny, but before you start showing it off everywhere (already too late I guess), you should maybe spell check... "unparalled" is NOT a word. We all know what you mean; but still, its not a word. It's been mentioned in the forums, but not sure if anyone read those comments? The wrong spelling is easy to miss, I guess. Especially if you have watched it many times over, you probably won't notice it. But I'd suggest someone looks into fixing it.
  • Grisu

Posted:
    Posted:
    Great episode. Without a co-host this show has a much smoother flow.

Or maybe it's Lando's editing power... ;)
  • Chmee

Posted:
    Posted:
    I see Ben's point about the choice for in-game movement for the Gamescom vids and it is better for the majority to see where things are at right now. I'm sure there'd have been an outcry if it was just a flythrough.

It's very clear that the majority enjoyed the presentation and felt no nausea when the character drift issues occurred. The reason why I speak up about the motion sickness issues some of us feel is because I want to enjoy presentations and walking through a ship as much as the next guy and with such unanimous support you might, as devs, be tempted to dismiss it as just hating on the game due to all the tactlessly delivered feedback you get on every little thing. I try to be tactful though I'm sure I've put my foot in my mouth regardless...

Anyhow, please do show more of the gas giant... After the stellar cloud displacement work on the AC map, I've been dying to see that applied to the surface detail at a grand scale.

Kudos for the Connie explosion, btw. I am totally blown away (pardon the pun). All those particles!! :D
    Banner.png?format=1
  • Vicblau

Posted:
    Posted:
    SAMSONSHELTON:
    [hide]

Good show! Gamescom was spectacular!!!

+1

3QNiFRw.gif
  • Wiborg1978

Posted:
    Edited: by Wiborg1978
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Hello,
    i like this show very very well.
    I like that Ben declared what this show is for new viewers/backers. I noticed that even at 10 for the Chairman and found it very good. Even that all the people imagine themselves at ATV, RTV and so on. That´s the right way. Go ahead!

Well, i like to get more of the Empire Report...i always thought how is this story continue...

Nice view at the hightlights of the gamescom show, so we can see a little insight on how much work was behind it. I mean the biggest highlight was missing...when i meet Alexis, Ben and Chris ;)

And yes, i really enjoyed the gamescom show. All you guys and volunteers did a great job. Thank you for a great time.

You talking about an open devolopment for Mad Catz/Saiteck Hotas, Joysticks, Keyboards, Mouses and Headsets @wcloaf
    Does it mean i can buy some stuff like a Headset as a concept sale with LTI? Just one thought on that: The Joystick with the touch screen...if i have my hand on the joystick i couldn´t see the screen at all or use it...

Feedback for the new video for new backers...the scripture is going way to fast (in the show, at homepage it´s fine)...you always think that all the people around the world a native english speakers/readers...

I´m still looking for a link for the 3dcreative issue...where´s it?

The flight-free thing with the gamescom2015 code...that need to be at front-page very very big and has to be there for a longer time!

The sound for "around the studios" was much better this week. everyone was cleary understanding.

Go behind the scenes was very interessting for me. I knew there were a lot of work behind it but it was much more than i have imagined.

@patterned: Thanks for the information about the subsriber flair this month. Just a short feedback for the gamescom throphies at all:

a2v7qi88.jpg

Like you see the trophy for the subsribers (on top) is very bad illuminated and therefore hard to see. It's the same with the old gamescom trophy (middle left). Mabye there can be something fixed. At other hangars there is much more bad illuminated and you can see almost nothing.

@wcloaf: i really missed your singing happy birthday at all ;))))

Ship Shape was good, was interessting to hear about the ghost-system.

@wcloaf: you talking about the modules system for "some" of the ships...well everybody wants to know which ships are going to have a module-system...and are you going to offer at concept sales like for the endeavour a modules system from the beginning?

I pre-order already my track jacket...but i guess that´s something that belongs to alexis segment with subsriber flair and merchedising at all? I would like to see at Alexis segment more informations/announcements that comes in the future...a week BEFORE it´s in the store. Like in the old episodes where the stuff is shown up before it´s in the store.

Congratulations for MVP for all gamescom volunteers. You really deserve it.

Sneak Peek: Well, cool clothing at all. I´m just wondering if in the future there are only handsome slim people there, genetic manipulation for all? I missed some (maybe) crazy new ideas for hair cuts or something like that.

Best,
    Wiborg1978
    Cloud Imperium GameR
    5,000 UEC Bonus by use this Referral-Code: STAR-QLYZ-7M5H
    d2t9qpt6shsl1j8od.gif
  • Saoldian

Posted:
    Posted:
    @discolando unsticky this please.