Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about the aurora

AtomicHawk

Posted:
Edited:
Posted: -
1. Will the pilots chair swivel on command or when getting out?

2. When will we get to see more inside shots of the ship?

3. Legionnaire pictures soon?

4. Are all the aurora models sold separately or can you buy their different packages as an upgrade or downgrade to your existing model?

Answers would be appreciated and feel free to add more questions!
Aurora LX - Freelancer
http://i.imgur.com/KTLmxPq.png
  • SlashRaid

Posted:
    Posted:
    4. Batteries not included
    2kdNBV0.jpg
  • Spooner

Posted:
    Posted:
    I saw it stated somewhere today (don't remember where exactly) that the basic version of the Aurora that people had been pledging for since the kickstarter would be the Marque model. The Margue comes with two equipped class 1 guns while the Kickstarter description and ship document state that the basic Aurora that people pledged for only comes with one equipped class 1. My question is how many guns will the basic Aurora start with?
    CFT_banner.jpg>
  • Radial

Civilian

Posted:

Civilian

Posted:
    I have a question about the four missiles atop the Aurora. How are they reloaded? Do I have only four missiles? Do I have to come to a complete stop and space walk to reload from my cargo hold? Is there a fancy animation that lows into the hull and reloads? I just hope they don't magically respawn with all this talk of immersion.
  • Manic

Posted:
    Posted:
    Stin:

I saw it stated somewhere today (don't remember where exactly) that the basic version of the Aurora that people had been pledging for since the kickstarter would be the Marque model. The Margue comes with two equipped class 1 guns while the Kickstarter description and ship document state that the basic Aurora that people pledged for only comes with one equipped class 1. My question is how many guns will the basic Aurora start with?

It's been stated that the ship stats would be subject to update. Guess they just got updated.
    Purple=Mod Else=User Grammar Risk/Reward
  • BitBasher

Posted:
    Posted:
    RadialPower:

I have a question about the four missiles atop the Aurora. How are they reloaded? Do I have only four missiles? Do I have to come to a complete stop and space walk to reload from my cargo hold? Is there a fancy animation that lows into the hull and reloads? I just hope they don't magically respawn with all this talk of immersion.

Typically external racks are reloaded at a space station. That's part of the decision of whether to use a consumable like a missile or save it because you may need it later this trip. The Aurora doesn't even actually have an airlock to do an EVA as far as I can tell.
  • Radial

Civilian

Posted:

Civilian

Posted:
    @ Thanks for the reply BitBasher. This makes perfect sense and some mission to mission tactics, very cool idea. I found the airlock odd asswell, not going to depressurize the interior for space walks or stranded pilot pick up in the Aurora.
  • AtomicHawk

Posted:
    Posted:

Typically external racks are reloaded at a space station. That's part of the decision of whether to use a consumable like a missile or save it because you may need it later this trip. The Aurora doesn't even actually have an airlock to do an EVA as far as I can tell.

Maybe you can put on a space suit and vacuum all the atmosphere into a tank? Then exit and when you come back in represurize?
    Aurora LX - Freelancer
  • BitBasher

Posted:
    Posted:

Maybe you can put on a space suit and vacuum all the atmosphere into a tank? Then exit and when you come back in represurize?

Theoretically, I don't see an issue with that. I wouldn't count on it being an option though.
  • Drakoslayr

Posted:
    Posted:
    I had a question about the aurora as well, just as a formality since I will probably buy either way.

in the brochure page withe the comparison to the connie, it either doesn't seem to be the right size OR the little starter ship is chugging along with a larger docking port than my multi-crew ship...

I know they added a little guy there for size comparison but I'm wondering how these things dock? am I crazy?

they even mention them being the "standard" model port for all their ships...can someone tell me why the port sizes are different in the brochure?

also it seems we're paying for a leather seat upgrade...I'm almost waiting to see if they want to charge me for switching to the legionaire when it comes out. I just want the "best" version, as far as value if i'm spending money on it. any helpful thoughts?
  • Reach

Posted:
    Posted:

The docking hatches are air locks.
    Simon "SkyKiller" Reach

F7C-M Super Hornet
    Aegis Retaliator - The Ellie Day
    Rogue Squadron | WWW.SC-ROGUES.COM
  • BitBasher

Posted:
    Posted:

I had a question about the aurora as well, just as a formality since I will probably buy either way.

in the brochure page withe the comparison to the connie, it either doesn't seem to be the right size OR the little starter ship is chugging along with a larger docking port than my multi-crew ship...

You aren't crazy. I'll repost this from the other thread for which I made the following:

On page 18 of the Brochure the scale of the Aurora is very wrong.

By pixel count compared to the Constellation it is almost exactly 25 meters long. I have attached an adjusted comparison making the silhouette exactly 18.5 meters long, which is it's stated length in the brochure, compared to the Constellations 51. The image int he Brochure has the Aurora a good deal bigger than it actually should be.

In other news, the Constellation is HUGE.

The docking hatches are air locks.

Those a docking collars. An airlock has two doors, an inner door and an outer door. The area between the two doors is pressurized and depressurized to allow the exit of a craft.
  • Drakoslayr

Posted:
    Posted:
    @bitBasher

Thank you very much, I'm glad I'm not crazy (^.^); do you have an opinion on if the LX will be more well rounded than the legionnaire? that's pretty much the only thing holding back my purchase at this point, lest they ask me for more than I've already spent on a minimum wage salary...
  • Kyuu

Posted:
    Posted:

On page 18 of the Brochure the scale of the Aurora is very wrong.

By pixel count compared to the Constellation it is almost exactly 25 meters long. I have attached an adjusted comparison making the silhouette exactly 18.5 meters long, which is it's stated length in the brochure, compared to the Constellations 51. The image int he Brochure has the Aurora a good deal bigger than it actually should be.

Thanks for that, BitBasher. I knew that scaling had to be wrong. Too bad we don't know how long the 300i is supposed to be (at least it isn't listed on the ship doc). I'm curious how it is size-wise compared to the Aurora and the Constellation.
  • TheBursar

Posted:
    Posted:

@bitBasher

Thank you very much, I'm glad I'm not crazy (^.^); do you have an opinion on if the LX will be more well rounded than the legionnaire? that's pretty much the only thing holding back my purchase at this point, lest they ask me for more than I've already spent on a minimum wage salary...

Unless something is very weird, what you see for the various options are basically all 'pre-installed factory packages' - kind of like a car (got serious deja vu when looking at the brochure) the hulls are all basically the same. I think you could install most the legionaire equipment into a LX model - plus you'd keep your leather seats :)
    TheBursar needs to fill out a new sig and take his dried frog pills.
    bursar banner
  • Razimus

Posted:
    Posted:
    Can I buy tie fighter wings and attach? Not regular tie fighter wings, Vader tie advanced x1 wings, kthnx.
    signature_zps22bae450.png /// THE CURRENT YEAR IS 2943 /// vanduul.tumblr.com
  • AtomicHawk

Posted:
    Posted:

Can I buy tie fighter wings and attach? Not regular tie fighter wings, Vader tie advanced x1 wings, kthnx.

Haha! They should put cosmetic upgrades in!
    Aurora LX - Freelancer