Patch 12.5 Update

wcloaf

Developer

Posted:
Posted: -
Hey guys! I'm creating this as a sticky'd thread to report on the patching process tonight. There isn't a change to report at this time: the team is hard at work on getting the patch out tonight and things are continuing to look good.

What's happening right now is that the public patch 12.5 is being built/uploaded to the servers. This process will take several hours. During those hours, QA will be running their own tests on the as-close-to-live-as-we-can-make-it version -- they download the same build from the internal CDN, patch just like you do and make sure it works. Ideally, they'll give the thumbs up and as soon as the public upload is complete we'll push the button and it will be available to everyone!

Risks are that we could find some previously unseen fatal bug during this last round of testing. As I said earlier, things look good... but you never know with a game at this point in development, and we've certainly overhauled a lot of code with this one! If the worst happens, I'll let you know... if not, I'll update this thread in a couple of hours to let you know it's a go!
  • Mohoc

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thank you Ben.
    TE.jpg
  • Veger

Posted:
    Posted:
    Cool, thanks Ben :)
    Exploring the stars and beyond with:

1-Idris Corvette. 3-Constellation, 1-Caterpillar, 1- Starfarer Tanker, 1-Cutlass, 1-325a Fighter, 2 V- Hornets, 1-Aurora Legionnaire, 1-Avenger Adv Hunter, 1-Gladiator, 1-Retaliator 1-Freelancer MIS

Aka "Veger"
  • wtfosaurus

Posted:
    [hide]

Hey guys! I'm creating this as a sticky'd thread to report on the patching process tonight. There isn't a change to report at this time: the team is hard at work on getting the patch out tonight and things are continuing to look good.

What's happening right now is that the public patch 12.5 is being built/uploaded to the servers. This process will take several hours. During those hours, QA will be running their own tests on the as-close-to-live-as-we-can-make-it version -- they download the same build from the internal CDN, patch just like you do and make sure it works. Ideally, they'll give the thumbs up and as soon as the public upload is complete we'll push the button and it will be available to everyone!

Risks are that we could find some previously unseen fatal bug during this last round of testing. As I said earlier, things look good... but you never know with a game at this point in development, and we've certainly overhauled a lot of code with this one! If the worst happens, I'll let you know... if not, I'll update this thread in a couple of hours to let you know it's a go!

Thanks Ben for keeping us in the loop, I know I speak for the large majority when I say Thank you for your continued effort and keeping us in the loop with whats going on< it must be frustrating and stressful to deal with at times, but we do all really really appreciate it!
    WTFOSAURUS LIVE 24/7
  • malogos

Posted:
    Edited: by malogos
    Posted:
    Edited:
    full/partial patch notes?
    Imperium
  • Captain-Crowbar

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks for the update Ben, looks like a few hours isn't worth staying up when its already 4:30am over here!
  • DustyLens

Posted:
    Posted:
    XcM3t.gif
    QGPqCbB.gif
  • wcloaf

Developer

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

full notes?

Expect full notes with the patch (and a front page update walking you through changes.)
  • cocoloco

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thank you for the update Ben!
  • ryuto

Posted:
    Posted:
    Great to hear, Ben! Good luck to everybody!
    “ I have learned the secret, my dear nephew, and I may traverse the trackless void at my will...”
    -John Carter, Gods of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs
  • malogos

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Expect full notes with the patch (and a front page update walking you through changes.)

Imperium
  • Grimstein

Posted:
    Posted:
    Creating this thread was a great call thank you Ben
    Devs,

Paper OP, scissors fine.

Rock,
  • RedPrime

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks Ben.
    Primerus Redmane
    casrbanner photo 2syJ3WL_zpsvo8</div></body></html>
  • qLu

Posted:
    Posted:
    Awesome, thanks!
    cc51ESu.png
  • Murder_Fist

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

XcM3t.gif

LOL! I'm doing that with coffee in the dropper.

Fuck sleep, thx Ben.
  • U_Stormcrow

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thank you Ben. Try and grab a quick nap if you haven't been roped into testing. We'll see you for the update in a few hours, and maybe grab a nap as well (with our fingers crossed!) Hopefully, there will be reason not to sleep tomorrow.
    html>
  • Primal

Posted:
    Posted:
    Lol Ben, how do you remain so optimistic against the forum horde of trolls and naysayers.

I would of leveled a 12 block radius by now.
  • Korren

Posted:
    Posted:
    When I see you people going above and beyond like this, I don't just respect you, I am in awe. :)
  • Veger

Posted:
    Posted:
    Doppelbock:
    [hide]

[hide]

XcM3t.gif

Fuck sleep, thx Ben.
    How about "RockStar" Energy Drink :)
    Exploring the stars and beyond with:

1-Idris Corvette. 3-Constellation, 1-Caterpillar, 1- Starfarer Tanker, 1-Cutlass, 1-325a Fighter, 2 V- Hornets, 1-Aurora Legionnaire, 1-Avenger Adv Hunter, 1-Gladiator, 1-Retaliator 1-Freelancer MIS

Aka "Veger"
  • Cyco-Dude

Posted:
    Posted:
    wow, really burning the midnight oil with this one.
  • DustyLens

Posted:
    Posted:
    Doppelbock:
    [hide]

[hide]

XcM3t.gif

Fuck sleep, thx Ben.
    tumblr_n2stg2pBWv1saz9meo1_400.gif
    QGPqCbB.gif
  • Brasidas

Posted:
    Posted:
    awesome ben! you da man!

the community thanks you for all of your efforts!

and... sry about all of the impatience...
    SXeUUjj.png81QczAg.gifT7654mo.gif2K372J0.gif
  • AdmlBaconStraps

Posted:
    Posted:
    Cheers Ben.

You are the man. The gracious, dancing man.
    Redback Company: First ones in, last ones out.

Star Citizen org page: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/AUSREDBACK
    Star Citizen Recruiting: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/47998/aus-redback-company#latest
  • Reev_Jax

Posted:
    Posted:
    This should be mod post only so we dont have to swim though 50 pages of "Thanks, Good job!!!" posts.
    html>
  • Xist

Posted:
    Posted:
    Excellent communication Ben. Whether or not the patch goes live tonight, thanks very much for listening to the community and fine tuning the way you guys go about notifying us of potential updates. Much appreciated.
  • doublefall

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks Ben! You're the best!
    Imperium Recruitment
  • KitBash

Posted:
    Posted:
    Man... right as I'm recovering from my head cold. Off for two days, no patch. Feeling well enough to go back in tomorrow and already downed my Nyquil, patch incoming late!

J/k. Never sad about the arrival of a patch. Especially not one that's been katamariing additional fixes and features for weeks while one stubborn bug kept it from release!
  • Ergodemon

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

This should be mod post only so we dont have to swim though 50 pages of "Thanks, Good job!!!" posts.

I'm sure he'd update the first post if there were something important enough to note.

lB15H97.png

• CptUnderpants

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

I'm sure he'd update the first post if there were something important enough to note.
    But how will we know it has been updated without hammering F5?
    CptUnderpants
  • OldRed

Posted:
    Posted:
    I nominate Ben for 'Most Valuable Post'!
    su8o.png
  • Ircghost

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks for the update, great to hear you are working so hard! :)
    REn6Mvb.png