Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Widow Company: Military-Style, Veteran-Owned

ConstantinValdor

Posted:
Edited: by ConstantinValdor
Posted: -
sc_recruiting_graphic.jpg

• Ulverus

Posted:
    Posted:
    Awesome gaming community. I Play Planetside 2 and some Mechwarrior: Online. In both games coordination, communication, and teamwork wins the battle. I expect that in Star Citizen it will be no different. This doesn't mean we don't have fun however, I enjoy all my play-time with the Black Widow Company.

Can't wait to launch with my current Black Widow members, and looking forward to meeting all the people signing on as a result of this post for Star Citizen. It's looking to be a great game.

Cutlass all the way (have you seen how beautiful the art is?) :p

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Russolini

Posted:
    Posted:
    I was initially drawn to BWC because of it being Veteran owned. I came to the company expecting high levels of coordination and was not disappointed. In addition to coordination and teamwork you will find we have training programs to bring everyone up to speed. I originally joined BWC to play Mechwarrior Online, I now play MWO as well as Planetside 2 and am very much looking forward to applying the BWC standards to Star Citizen. We have a pretty active forum and if the game went live today we would have more than 100 ships in out fleet.

If you are anxious about Star Citizen you should apply and give BWC a try. You may even find some other games to play until then.
    signature-RUSS_fs-v2.png
  • UFN

Posted:
    Posted:
    I first joined the BWC 8 years ago, whilst Planetside 1 was in its prime, and I have never found such an awesome group of friends, comrades and family anywhere else. I could list achievements, awards, the numerous games we've dominated in through our determination and shared skill, I could tell you about the time Black Widow Company banded together to bring me half way around the world to play paintball with them...But wouldn't you rather make your own story? Wouldn't you rather know than simply hear about it?

I've watched BWC Grow from strength to strength, I've helped BWC claim victory against all odds, and make no mistake Star Citizen will be no different.

If you are looking to be a part of a professional, yet exceedingly friendly community Then you just found your home.

If you are looking to carve out more than a meagre existence as a simple Citizen, then this is your calling.

Waste no time

Join Today

www.the-bwc.com
    THE BLACK WIDOW COMPANY

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MaddBomber83

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hello;

I've been in BWC since November 2012. Not very long compared to a lot of the outfit. I have to say, without a doubt, that this is the best unit I have ever served with in any game. I've been with several units in the past in different games, made a lot of friends, had a lot of fun.

What makes BWC different than those from my past? The organization and teamwork is beyond reproach. Somehow we are able to get things done and without drama. There is laughter, there is joking, but when it comes time for business, work gets done.

Next, BWC provides actual in game training. People take the time out of their day to actually coordinate and run a training program. I"m not talking about our best player randomly decides to run some training. I'm talking about trained instructors giving scheduled classes. A big push of this unit is turning average players into lethal killers. This is both through making them better players, giving them more knowledge of the game mechanics; but also integrating them into a very efficient team.

Pushing beyond this very organized in game unit, is an out of game family. I've been part of gaming families before, but nothing on the scale of this. My first taste was when Sandy hit the east coast. People are still waiting for help from the government, but BWC was able to raise thousands of dollars for our Brothers/Sisters in need. Our forums are full of posts about random topics and people helping each other out.

Here, is an outfit that will make you a better gamer. Here is an outfit full of joking and messing with each other, while maintaining absolute respect for your fellow gamer.

What will this game bring us? I don't know, but I do know with my fellow BWC Soldiers at my side good things will happen.

[HR][/HR]
  • Bearcat

Posted:
    Posted:
    It's good to see some military types around here. It sounds like you really have your stuff together.

Feel free to stop by http://forums.starcitizenbase.com/ if you ever want to shoot the **** with Imperium.

Also, bump.
    Hornet Driver
  • ConstantinValdor

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

It's good to see some military types around here. It sounds like you really have your stuff together.

Feel free to stop by http://forums.starcitizenbase.com/ if you ever want to shoot the **** with Imperium.

Also, bump.

Definitely. I'm checking the website out as we speak.
  • Ulverus

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Also, bump.

Checking it out, Bearcat. Luckily you have a thread dedicated to the Cutlass and Hornet on there, because I really needed the stress created from the internal debate of which to purchase.

On a more relevant note, nifty - good to have as many Star Citizen resources as possible. I'm starving for information :D

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Hotspur

Posted:
    Posted:
    Great to see this organization, I love the sound of it.

I'm with the Systems United Navy (S.U.N.), which is set up currently as a PMC focusing on military type missions while retaining a small logistics element to support ourselves. Have a look at the site, we have a handful of military types around our group, including myself, contributing to the organization and trying to build something that will be structured while still remaining flexible for our members because it is a game after all.

See you around Black Widows.
  • Russolini

Posted:
    Posted:
    Glad to see there are other like minded groups. It's going to be interesting to see how things evolve over the coming months.
    signature-RUSS_fs-v2.png
  • vVRedOctoberVv

Posted:
    Posted:
    I've seen you fellows in the original Planetside. Glad to see you here, too :-) I've moved to the Jaeger server on PS2 after being gone tor a while.

For onlookers, this is a very well organised and professionally minded group!
  • ConstantinValdor

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Great to see this organization, I love the sound of it.

I'm with the Systems United Navy (S.U.N.), which is set up currently as a PMC focusing on military type missions while retaining a small logistics element to support ourselves. Have a look at the site, we have a handful of military types around our group, including myself, contributing to the organization and trying to build something that will be structured while still remaining flexible for our members because it is a game after all.

See you around Black Windows.

I will definitely be making an account on your guys' site to keep in touch, thank you for the invite. 07
  • qlz19

Posted:
    Posted:
    I've never been in a gaming group this long but it has real structure and makes an effort to stay fair to everyone
    sc_bwcsigs_solaria.png
  • UFN

Posted:
    Posted:
    Glad to see the Star Citizen community is as friendly as I thought it would be :cool:

Back in PlanetSide 2, and in PlanetSide 1, The Black Widow Company was and still is both a founding member, and key member of ULTRA - A multi-outfit alliance that can field hundreds upon hundreds of soldiers at the drop of the hat, working towards the same goal; Put simply, we are no lone wolf company.

We have even gone so far as having a fully functioning, highly maintained "embassy" on our boards, where diplomats and representatives of other outfits/guilds are free to communicate with us and each other in the name of working together to be stronger.

I can't imagine a future in Star Citizen where we bank this experience in such a way that will leave everyone knowing the name Black Widow Company

Join us today, Victory Tomorrow

www.the-bwc.com
    THE BLACK WIDOW COMPANY

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ConstantinValdor

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thank you for the praise Zhukov, good luck and good shooting on Jaegar!
  • Lord_Cephius

Posted:
    Posted:
    I joined the Black Widow Company after two days of trying to play Mech Warrior On-line without an organized group. It has been great fun and a great skills builder. I'm now playing all my on-line games with fellow members of the BWC.
    Lord Cephius de Valletta
  • Emperor_of_Mankind

Posted:
    Posted:
    I originally joined BWC in the Planetside 2 beta, and I had a blast conquering the opposition with them. I have no doubt that we'll do the same in Star Citizen.

Now you may be asking why would you want to join a clan/outfit/community so early in the development process for the game. Well by joining now you'll benefit from working with us, and knowing how we operate before the game even goes into early testing. That sort of working knowledge of each other will only enhance our teamwork when the game goes live, and will give us an edge over the opposition. There's also still plenty of opportunity to discuss new details of the game on the forums and on teamspeak as they get released, and to determine the course BWC will take in game. And of course, as mentioned in the original post, we also have 2 other active game divisions in BWC currently (MWO, and PS2). So go on and give us a try, you won't regret it.
    Carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.
  • ConstantinValdor

Posted:
    Posted:
    We have the Emperor of Mankind in BWC what other reason is there to not join?

The Emperor does protect...
  • ConstantinValdor

Posted:
    Posted:
    We might already be an established group however there is still plenty of room for potential command and staff personnel, or "officers" for the Star Citizen division in BWC.

As of right now there is only myself and my XO as established "officers". We will be looking into filling other officer roles as we get closer to alpha. Plenty of room for people who wanted to lead fleets, lead squadrons, create tactics and training etc etc. Sign up today and we can sit down and have a talk.
  • Russolini

Posted:
    Posted:
    One of the great things about BWC is their is a place for everyone. Everyone leads if they want to, or just be a player. Feel like contributing more, feel free to volunteer your time in keeping our website up to date, help make a promo video, design training and training scenarios, the list goes on and on. We have a very diverse group of players that bring lots of added skills to BWC. One of the great things I have seen happen is that a new member will have a good idea and then watch that idea get implemented. It's really tough to explain the depth and breadth of BWC. Apply as a recruit and check things out, I'm sure once you do you will be impressed.
    signature-RUSS_fs-v2.png
  • Ulverus

Posted:
    Posted:
    To second what Russolini, has said - you can do great things in the Black Widow Company if you choose. There truly is a place for everyone. Like making videos, come help create promos. Help design and / or teach the training. Be a leader, learn the ins and outs of the game and utilize that knowledge to make it an advantage. Want to simply join a great gaming community, make friends, and play a great game (upcoming and current)? That's fine too!

Hell when I first joined the level of organization and dedication from this community seriously impressed me, and I like to think any recruit would have those same feelings.

Just tonight we had a training scheduled for 90 minutes, but people we so into it we stuck around long past when it was supposed to be called. There is a real sense of teamwork here, whether it's Planetside 2, Mechwarrior, or even the paintball chapters.

• Elddric

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'm one of the newer members of BWC. I have been playing games for years but as a solo player... After joining BWC I am now happier to play those games with a group of like minded individuals!
    Elddric, Proud Member of Black Widow Company.

sc_bwcsigs_devgru.png

• ConstantinValdor

Posted:
    Posted:
    We have plenty of other games that we play as a community while we wait for Star Citizen. Sign up and get to know us!
  • Kate

Posted:
    Posted:
    This is by far the best group of gamers i've had the pleasue to be associated with.:D
    sc_bwcsigs_darkk8.png
  • UFN

Posted:
    Posted:
    No matter what role you're looking forward to playing in Star Citizen, the Black Widow Company has a place for you to develop those important skills and carve out a name for yourself!

Join today!
    THE BLACK WIDOW COMPANY

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ConstantinValdor

Posted:
    Posted:
    There's a few of us that are getting pulled away from planetside 2 to play Path of Exile now... I call it path to addiction because now I only want to play PoE

So plenty of games we play together in the community where we can help each other out. Next one coming up is Aliens Colonial Marines...
  • Hanible

Posted:
    Posted:
    I love this group. They are organized, motivated people who make winning easy. Gaming aside they are great people as well. I currently play both PlanetSide 2 and Mech Warrior: Online with them. In PlanetSide 2 we were recently invited to participate in the Ultimate Empire Showdown. Black Widow Company was instrumental in their efforts which resulted in the Terran Republic winning the trophy.
  • DarkSnake

Posted:
    Posted:
    I've been with BWC for around 7 years at this point. It really is like a second family. I've played Battlefield 2, Planetside, Planetside 2 and a variety of other games throughout the years. We have many talented gamers, and if you join us and are willing to put in the effort, we will train you to get you to the level you're willing to work for. We don't just recruit excellent soldiers, we shape and develop them.

Regardless of skill level, we welcome anyone who is friendly and able to follow our fairly simple rules. We will likely have a fairly large fleet from launch, but we also take care of our individual members.We play hard, but we also have fun, as if you're not having fun there is no point in playing a game. There is also plenty of opportunity to lead. We have no problem with people who just want to play and kill stuff, but if you do have that nack and drive to be a leader, it is not hard to move up in BWC with the correct attitude (it's more about your effort than politics).

From paintball, to gaming, I couldn't imagine being part of a better community. We really do have each others backs, be it in game or in person. We welcome anyone who shares our goals and ideals, and don't be afraid to ask questions on our forums or here.
    sc_bwcsigs_solaria.png
  • Lord_Cephius

Posted:
    Posted:
    This is a great group of players. Check out our forum.

http://the-bwc.com
    Lord Cephius de Valletta
  • ReevJax

Civilian

Posted:

Civilian

Posted:
    This group seems cool, I 5 started ya, no idea why people are giving low ratings!!!
  • REV_Firefly

Posted:
    Posted:
    These guys are jerks and their Commanding Officer (the HMFIC) is the biggest jerk of all.

:cool: