Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Around the Verse Episode 1 - Feedback Thread

wcloaf

Developer

Posted:
Edited: by WingMan
Posted: -
Hey guys! Please post your feedback about AtV Episode 1 here. I know our pilot is still rough, but we really want to know how to make this a great show for the community... so any and all suggestions are welcome!

Please note that future episodes WILL air at 9 AM Wednesdays, like Wingman's Hangar.

• Cymelion

Posted:
    Posted:
    Will do when it airs.
    Ships in order of purchase: LTI Freelancer - LTI Aurora - LTI Avenger - LTI M50 - LTI 350R - LTI Starfarer - LTI Merchantman - LTI Khartu - LTI 890 Jump
    Backer Since October 24, 2012
  • AlienHack

Posted:
    Edited: by AlienHack
    Posted:
    Edited:
    so when will it be up? its tsill not on the main page ...

sfxw87.jpg
  • Veive257

Posted:
    Posted:
    did this happen?

2944 RSI Aurora LN - Origin 300i & 315p - MISC Freelancer - M50 & 350r for Racing - F7C-M Super Hornet (just in case)

Please show your support for Tom Servo: http://tinyurl.com/StarCitizenTomServo
  • Armsman

Posted:
    Posted:
    Is there a youtube link available yet? (I ask because I don't see the episode on the RSI YOutube page) ; or is it still being uploaded and processed by Youtube, or is it still being worked on/rendered and not even at the upload stage as yet?
    Ships: Anvil Carrack | MISC Freelancer | Origin 325A
    CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.50 GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX670 (Stock) 2GB (GDDR5) | GeForce Driver Ver: 353.30
    System RAM: 16GB (DDR3) | OS: Win7 SP1 64-bit
    Display Resolution: 1920x1080 | Fullscreen+High | 45 FPS
  • Beb

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    "Future Episodes"

Except there isn't a current one, unless you're just jumping the gun to make this thread before it airs.
  • schulzie10

Posted:
    Posted:
    wait im soo confused...wheres the first one ;o
  • COTU

Posted:
    Posted:
    Will feed it back once I find and digest it 8)
    photo SaracenTDB.png
  • Sputnick

Posted:
    Posted:
    Before having been able to watch it, I'll just relay the main points from that other thread:

* Please air earlier in the day - but Ben already confirmed they would do it, so this comment is just for good measure and for others to know they don't need to repeat :)

* Please air on Twitch to at least give the illusion of a livestream - people would come together in the Twitch chat and discuss the event while it's running, and you won't be getting that same feeling from watching a youtube video - not even if everyone starts it at the exact same second! So for a community show, even live-on-tape on a streaming service like Twitch is much better than a canned video upload.
  • zphyr

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well... I will when you guys post the link in your own site..
  • Fyre

Posted:
    Posted:
    it still processing up on youtube folks,...

Soon.
    I Trust Chris Roberts2239773.jpg

• Kazee

Posted:
    Posted:
    Thanks FyreMaster. Your comment is closer to effective communication than anything we've seen from CIG in months.

Sic itur ad astra
  • Nailhead

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Before having been able to watch it, I'll just relay the main points from that other thread:

* Please air earlier in the day - but Ben already confirmed they would do it, so this comment is just for good measure and for others to know they don't need to repeat :)

* Please air on Twitch to at least give the illusion of a livestream - people would come together in the Twitch chat and discuss the event while it's running, and you won't be getting that same feeling from watching a youtube video - not even if everyone starts it at the exact same second! So for a community show, even live-on-tape on a streaming service like Twitch is much better than a canned video upload.

Seconded.

And if I hear 'soon' even one more single time today, I'm gonna puke... ;)
    FCR_nh4.pngRUnh4.png
  • Sputnick

Posted:
    Posted:
  • droptuned

Posted:
    Posted:
    Feedback...

hmm..

Why put up a feedback thread before the show is even up? What's up with CIG communication and why is it so terrible?
    mldX7gl.jpg
  • Roadbeer

Posted:
    Posted:
    Bulldogg:
    [hide]

Feedback...

hmm..

Why put up a feedback thread before the show is even up? What's up with CIG communication and why is it so terrible?

Must...fight...urge...to... troll....
    Run for your life from anyone using the term Buff or Nerf. That sentence is the leper’s bell of an approaching "easy button". - Ayn Rand
    The Post Lerian Jihad - We post better than you.
    Elder God (stick user) and "The most interesting man in the 'verse"
  • Instrument

Posted:
    Posted:
    I would like to say thanks to Ben for informing us that the show was being delayed and keeping us uptodate with the progress towards showing the show.
    also to his openness to improving CIG communication.

Today started off with another low point in CIG communication but its finish has left me hopeful for the future
  • Tubz

Posted:
    Posted:
    I thought it was lacking in content : P
    right wolf

...for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under UEE rule.
  • MrBump

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Hey guys! Please post your feedback about AtV Episode 1 here. I know our pilot is still rough, but we really want to know how to make this a great show for the community... so any and all suggestions are welcome!

Please note that future episodes WILL air at 9 AM Wednesdays, like Wingman's Hangar.

Not yet seen it Ben, but thank you for putting it at the same time as WMH!
    7EPM872.jpg
  • Fyre

Posted:
    Posted:

I Trust Chris Roberts2239773.jpg

• WardenWolf

Posted:
    Posted:
    Only about 5 minutes in, but loving it! Good feel so far, and funny :)
    God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8)
    330077282.png
    Intel Core i5 4670 | GeForce GTX 980 4GB | 32GB DDR3 | 240GB SSD | Windows 7 Pro
  • sysdaemon

Posted:
    Edited: by sysdaemon
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Thanks for answering my question Travis. I enjoyed your elaboration on it.

As for the actual video, you should upload it hours before you actually release it, just make it private on YouTube. Then when it's time to release it, make it public. This will allow for processing time and allow us to watch it in 720p/1080p instead of the 360p I just watched it in.
  • M-erlin

Posted:
    Posted:
    Hi Ben, I think there is an upload error, it's only 480p max?
  • Nargis

Posted:
    Posted:
    Incredibly nice show! Really like the unconstrained and not so polished appearance. Please keep it like this!
  • MonkeyBusiness

Posted:
    Posted:
    Ben, you've got a great personality and presence on camera. I'm pretty impressed. It's not quite as fluid and engaging, but I'm not sure that's a legitimate gripe as much as a stylistic difference.

Something about the camera types used isn't quite as high color fidelity as from Wingman's Hangar. Also, more practice with video cutscenes are needed. Again, Michaels prowess in the transition scenes and the 'flow' of the show seemed more professional. This is not meant as a dig, it's just a difference that is apparent. Practice makes perfect! The subtleties just don't seem to be there yet. I'm pretty sure by episode 10+ you'll have it down pat though. :)
    Searching for the perfect combination of Jump Fuel, Caffeine and Vanduulian Moonshine since 2943.
  • Roadbeer

Posted:
    Posted:
    Not to bad for a first outing, I'm sure you'll get more relaxed as time goes on, coming off as a little stiff.
    Run for your life from anyone using the term Buff or Nerf. That sentence is the leper’s bell of an approaching "easy button". - Ayn Rand
    The Post Lerian Jihad - We post better than you.
    Elder God (stick user) and "The most interesting man in the 'verse"
  • DukeBalek

Posted:
    Posted:
    very nice show !
  • droptuned

Posted:
    Edited: by droptuned
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I just finished it.

Don't change a thing. Don't change the awkwardness, the F-bomb slipups, you're doing well. I think the Henry Ford quote was well done and says much more to us.

Overall it was good, also seeing Ben get a little out of his shell was fun, and Sandy's few sick burns that probably were unintentional.
    mldX7gl.jpg
  • Captain_Roberts

Posted:
    For you first episode... that was filmed at different times.... it had some funny sections... it had some wingman'ish parts which is ok too... and most of all, to me anyway the show didn't suck.

Good job.
    "Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting."
    "For every ship you buy an Angel gets their wings."
    "When people buy crabs in a VD store, you know they will buy anything from Mr. Roberts"
    "BDSSE"
  • SgtKitten

Posted:
    Posted:
    It's a very good first episode. A solid start. The sound came across varying at times; getting a little fainter and then louder. I think the transitions for segments need more polish, especially with regards to music. It's not Wingman's Hangar, but it's not going to be and that is OK. I've got confidence in you guys. I also noted that I couldn't get the video to play any higher than 360p, which made it look grainy when I put it on fullscreen. WMH I could get in 720p.
    photo SC-SIG.gif
  • ARCTIC_EAGLE

Posted:
    Posted:
    I liked it so far