Vanduul Swarm / Highest Wave / Highest Score / Longest Survived?

TRON

Posted:
Edited: by TRON
Posted: -
Anyone hit wave 15 yet?

tumblr_n3cx6lIsvv1tw1vhco1_500.gif

SO DAMN CLOSE!!! Just got missile spammed and kamikaze rammed by like 4 left at the end and nothing I could do :(....so close...took me 45 mins..

Wave 14 / 90228 points / 45.09 mins / http://i.imgur.com/dhs2NWY.jpg

dhs2NWY.jpg

EDIT:

I FINALLY DID IT!!! WORLD FIRST COMPLETED ARENA COMMANDER!!!! HI YA WAVE 15 o///////////

NOW I CAN SLEEP!! WORLD FIRST!!

ohpxyajpg.gif

3QbSidg.jpg
http://imgur.com/3QbSidg

Time: 47 mins 35 secs
Wave 0 :)
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    So I guess no one has hit wave 15 or finished wave 15 then yet? :)
  • Slepnir

Posted:
    Posted:
    I would really like to see people's bests.

/bump
  • Anti-Squeaker

Posted:
    Posted:
    I managed to wave 12 in my 300i, but only have 4 missiles is kind of a pain. Usually save em for the Vanduul Prime.

Also not getting repaired/rearmed every 3 levels is kinda annoying, especially when my 300i or Hornet has a cherry red engine or wing.
    TEST = BEST

• Luqin

Posted:
    Edited: by Luqin
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I got to 12 with my Aurora... where do you see the points?...i only see them when i destroy vanduul... maximum is nowhere to be found.

EDIT: Oh, i see... you have values in the blue chart... i always have it empty... it might be connected to that "Connection Lost" warning..
  • LanMandragon

Posted:
    Posted:
    Got to 11 but I've a ways to go. I am starting to envy the Hornets firepower.

I think if I wasn't in a 300i I'd be a a level or two higher.
    Prophet.jpg
  • abrigant

Posted:
    Posted:
    Made it to level 14 in my Aurora, ran out of chaff and flares and was subsequently wasted by five missiles :(

http://imgur.com/hQNmffi
  • Pinky

Posted:
    Posted:
    Abrigant wins hands down with his Aurora in wave 14. The Aurora's armor is like toilet paper compared to the Hornet's.
  • Toast

Posted:
    Posted:
    Moved to Arena Commander subforum
    Anything that I post as a moderator will appear in purple or orange. Otherwise, I'm posting as a backer, like you. I'm not part of the ship stats team, so I don't have answers to those!
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I FINALLY DID IT!!! WORLD FIRST COMPLETED ARENA COMMANDER!!!! HI YA WAVE 15 o///////////

NOW I CAN SLEEP!! WORLD FIRST!!

ohpxyajpg.gif

3QbSidg.jpg
    http://imgur.com/3QbSidg

Time: 47 mins 35 secs
    Wave 0 :)
  • McKetten

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    The highest I've made it is Wave 11 but at that point my FPS has degraded to 15 or less and it doesn't even pick back up - I usually crash before Wave 11.

I've never died all of my deaths (or do we have infinite lives?)
  • Heldar

Posted:
    Posted:
    I hit 14 just a minute ago, without dying once. Ironically, it was using a joystick (I am absolutely terribad with joysticks :/ ) Shoulda took a screeny, but wasnt thinking. oh well, maybe in two weeks when i get back home from work ill be able to hit the good ol 15.
  • AguaDeVinos

Posted:
    Posted:
    level 12 for me but i still have the glitch that prevents me to see my score. Any hints? I tend to get missle spammed out the wazzo when the 7 hunters come on screen.
    i7 2600 @ 4.2
    SLI 780 3 GB Asus
    16 GB 2133 MHZ RAM Viper
    Sound Blaster
    G-sync Monitor
    Razer Mouse and Keyboard

PC- Master Race!
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

level 12 for me but i still have the glitch that prevents me to see my score. Any hints? I tend to get missle spammed out the wazzo when the 7 hunters come on screen.

@AguaDeVinos
    Anytime you are alive just press ALT and you can see your score and what wave. The scoreboard when you end the simulation does not work, is bugged.
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

@McKetten
    You have 3 lives but if you eject before being killed it does not count as a life taken out of the 3.

• Gullveig

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

@McKetten
    You have 3 lives but if you eject before being killed it does not count as a life taken out of the 3.

Really? That can't be intentional can it?
    craigleabhart.com
    twitter.com/leabhart
    facebook.com/craig.leabhart
    youtube.com/cleabhart/
  • McKetten

On Probation
    Posted:
    On Probation
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

@McKetten

Then I have used them up technically :P
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

[hide]

@McKetten

Really? That can't be intentional can it?
    @Gullveig

I think it is as they have spoken about this mechanics before, if you manage to eject in time which becomes quite hard to do in later waves, then you do not lose a life. It adds another mechanic to the game where you do less harm to your character if you manage to escape a few scraps sometimes, but if you do get killed and you do not manage to eject then you get penalized for it, through losing a limb or a "life" number etc.

It is possible to get to Wave 13/14 without losing a single life or ejecting. It's just really hard to do. lol

Think of it as risk / reward sort of thing, in a universe fighting a random player, you can eject, no longer be able to fight, lose your ship and may still be killed anyway, but your rewards would be you don't have any permanent damage do your character, or you can fight and not eject but risk dying, losing limbs, your ship but your reward would be you might win the fight, keep your ship or even capture the enemy.

Ejecting is permanent in the Persistent Universe, you can't just respawn and continue fighting like you can in Arena Commander. Which is just a computer combat simulator not a real universe.
  • Lavender

Posted:
    Edited: by Lavender
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I hit 12 with my 300i. The awkward keybindings are unbecoming to my playstyle. I'll likely see Lv. 15 once I can remap countermeasures, toggle enemies, and decouple mode.

Also once we can thrust across the X and Y axis while coupled.
    CMqne8s.png
  • Sigil

Posted:
    Edited: by Sigil
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

I hit 12 with my 300i. The awkward keybindings are unbecoming to my playstyle. I'll likely see Lv. 15 once I can remap countermeasures, toggle enemies, and decouple mode.

Also once we can thrust across the X and Y axis while coupled.

I hit 8 easy with the keyboard and mouse in th 300i. Returned the borrowed joystick today and it feels.so unnatural sans stick. I can't do certain maneuvers the same way I was yesterday. Still fun, though.

Got to 13 a few times with the stick and 300i, but wasn't trying exceptionally hard. Daughter kept coming over to ask questions and watch.
  • hrdrok

Posted:
    Posted:
    My current best. With the rockets and collision minded enemies is gets pretty tough late rounds.
    StarCitizen2014-06-0600-33-18-60_zpsb478
    68XD21u.jpg
  • Shant

Posted:
    Posted:
    I made it to round 0... aka... round 15 today also. I was using my X-55, playing trainer Hornet (with trainer weapons). I didn't truly feel a sense of accomplishment though... because in all honesty, round 14 was the "true" final round. Round 0/15 should have had the boss, Reaper, in it... but I'm assuming "Reaper" sensed my weakness and doubted it was worth his time to come show his face, instead his 4 Alpha's and 1 Hunter came for me... launched what felt like infinite missiles at me as I tried to hide and run inside some asteroids... then it was over.
    ukislec.jpg
  • Cogneter

Posted:
    Posted:
    It's not world first though, some people have claimed to have beaten wave 15 before (example from Den).

But good job nevertheless. :)
    Interstellar Combat Operations
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

It's not world first though, some people have claimed to have beaten wave 15 before (example from Den).

But good job nevertheless. :)

It's world first with proof, anyone can claim what they like, first to post proof, saying and proving, not the same.
  • Xeron

Posted:
    Posted:
    is there a way to reload missiles besides ejecting? Also, is anyone else having a weird bug that you don't repair at all when it says "stand by, performing automated repairs"
    html>
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

is there a way to reload missiles besides ejecting? Also, is anyone else having a weird bug that you don't repair at all when it says "stand by, performing automated repairs"

I heard a long time ago before AC was released that they would allow us to land to repair and re arm out ships on a space platform but I do not think it is implemented yet so the answer to first question is no, but maybe later on.

Yes to the 2nd question, I never get any automated repairs in between waves even when it says it on sound. Probably bugged.
  • Kaitrei

Posted:
    Posted:
    I was part-way through wave 11 with my 300i when my game crashed (also was getting tired since it's 12:26AM.) Don't know my actual score because the game crashed.
  • Solarnova

Posted:
    Posted:
    Wave 11 here, with XBOX One controller. Things are much, much better now.

Got to Wave 5 with Mouse & Keyboard.
    TerraSig-1_zps54de273e.png
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

I was part-way through wave 11 with my 300i when my game crashed (also was getting tired since it's 12:26AM.) Don't know my actual score because the game crashed.

You can check your score and wave anytime by pressing ALT while your alive, the end scoreboard is bugged.
  • Dast_ro

Posted:
    Edited: by Dast_ro
    Posted:
    Edited:
    My best is "wave 0". ;)

First with video footage, and fastest run. (for now) :D
    logo-big75.png
  • TRON

Posted:
    Posted:
    Edited:
    Dratro:
    [hide]

My best is "wave 0". ;)

0.jpg

First with video footage. :D

Nice :) Those cannons are lethal lol, can't wait until Hornets shields are fixed. :)