FreeLancer variants

SCIENTIA

Posted:
Edited: by SCIENTIA
Posted: -
Patch 11 has files for 3 new lancer variants. They are called DUR, MAX e MIS. The MAX has 4 main engines but I think it doesn't have jump engine. Also the MAX as the same class 5 gun then the base model and the DUR and MIS have a different one with 4 barrels.

Now the pics: http://imgur.com/a/fS9om#0
The screenshots are in order DUR, MAX and MIS. And the cameras are in the same positions for size comparison.

Also remember that if CIG didn't say anything about them it's probably because they aren't the final variants. But it also means that CIG is working on the lancer variants not only the cockpit.
  • Data

Posted:
    Posted:
    I'm pretty sure we've known about these names for a few weeks at least. They appeared in a recent piece of Lancer concept art. I believe the community determined MIS was a missile boat of some sort. I don't remember the other two.
    KMk02RS.png
  • DustyLens

Posted:
    Posted:
    Ah ha ah ha. Thank you for digging this up!
    uWw4Sua.gif
    \V/
  • Cymelion

Posted:
    Edited: by Cymelion
    Posted:
    Edited:
    I'm now seriously regretting not buying a 2nd LTI Freelancer ... or 3rd ... Damn it should have bought a few >.
    Ships in order of purchase: LTI Freelancer - LTI Aurora - LTI Avenger - LTI M50 - LTI 350R - LTI Starfarer - LTI Merchantman - LTI Khartu - LTI 890 Jump
    Backer Since October 24, 2012
  • Urgafurg

Posted:
    Posted:
    *Spits out coffee* Missile boat freelancer?!? I'll take two!
  • Meatsweats

Posted:
    Posted:
    Oh snap, nice! I'm excite, maybe the variants will be released soon for sale.
    Doing science!!!
  • Checkmate

Posted:
    Posted:
    And to think us Freelancer owners have been mocked for so long...

Loving this.
    oksq9x.png
  • Urgafurg

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

And to think us Freelancer owners have been mocked for so long...

Loving this.

I'd wait for the constellation variants before thinking you're done getting mocked :P
    I'll have to tell my freelancer fanboy friend about this though.
  • davidon

Posted:
    Posted:
    The DUR seems to have a lot of sensors, so prob a dedicated explorer vessel?
  • Legion-Geth

Posted:
    Posted:
    The nose looks slightly questionable. I think the mocking might increase slightly :P
    D9Op5Ea.png%22%20alt=%22D9Op5Ea.png
  • Meatsweats

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

That's what I was thinking. DUR science/exploration. MAX looks like shipping with the larger hull. MIS I can't really tell, I guess more combat oriented. There's so many different little nuances between each of the variants. This is really cool stuff.
    Doing science!!!
  • Checkmate

Posted:
    Posted:
    Nah, lads, this is going to be a win for the Freelancer brigade. Awesome.
    oksq9x.png
  • Urgafurg

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

If someone I know gets the DUR I will have to make fun of them. When they tell me they got it I'll be like "HURR DURR I GOT THE DUR FREELANCER HURR DURR."
  • disco

Posted:
    Posted:
    Just when you think the ship couldn't get any uglier xD
  • Vornskyr

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

The nose looks slightly questionable. I think the mocking might increase slightly :P

jFt3x7Z.jpg

Awwww yeah, gonna get me a Booblancer :P
  • davidon

Posted:
    Posted:
    Yeah, it's proper ugly. But if that's the explorer version, that's the one I'm getting.

Mock as you will.
  • Carxin_Terralion

Posted:
    Edited: by Carxin_Terralion
    Posted:
    Edited:
    [hide]

[hide]

jFt3x7Z.jpg

Is that legit? EDIT: So it is legit, hhmmmm. I have no idea how I feel about this.

Yes. More tears to power the cryengine.

With every thread our graphics will become more powerful.

0.jpg
  • Urgafurg

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

[hide]

jFt3x7Z.jpg

Looks like a 1950's cone bra.
  • RulerOfTheFreeWorld

Posted:
    Looks like the van from "Dumb and Dumber"... I like it :)

BzdqSho.jpg

• Vornskyr

Posted:
    Posted:
    Figured I'd embed all the images

Dur 1:
    jFt3x7Z.jpg

Max 1:
    E7tHeb8.jpg

Mis 1:
    CsuwIiF.jpg

Dur 2:
    DeizNqn.jpg

Max 2:
    yD3spIo.jpg

Mis 2:
    95NmehL.jpg

Dur 3:
    IwiSeZY.jpg

Max 3:
    cyfzsyC.jpg

Mis 3:
    0MgnDJZ.jpg

Max 4:
    2jXZVRk.jpg

All other 4:
    KAHTgrp.jpg

Not sure which one i will go for, Max is looking appealing with that massive cargo hold and engines
  • R-o-m-m

Posted:
    Posted:
    It's packed with sensors and fuel tanks. I will miss those missiles :)
    romm-sig.png
  • Torgo

Posted:
    Posted:
    Wow, I like the MAX. It reminds me of some of the original Freelancer concept art. It gives the Freelancer more gravitas. I do think your right about the DUR being an explorer variant or some type of long duration endurance explorer. No idea what the pods near the engines are for, maybe some type of auxiliary engine?

Thanks for finding this, cool stuff so far if it is indeed accurate.
    MISC Freelancer
  • mammon

Posted:
    Posted:
    Well this is absolutely awesome. But I bet somebody at CIG is going to be in trouble for releasing this ahead of the brochure and commercial. :(
    TEST Squadron
  • Remnar

Posted:
    Posted:
    Max does look good. Not too big on the other two's looks myself. The standard (or whatever its called) is pretty great though, so we'll see when they release details. But I do like the quad engines.
    29xauzb.png

East bound and down, Loaded up and (space)truckin'
  • Loinsworth

Posted:
    Posted:
    Love this thread. TY.
    CrY5wMq.jpg
  • Dink-Meeker

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

I do think your right about the DUR being an explorer variant or some type of long duration endurance explorer. No idea what the pods near the engines are for, maybe some type of auxiliary engine?

Extra fuel tanks maybe?
    "He's dead Dink"

"Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence. "

• Vornskyr

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Wow, I like the MAX. It reminds me of some of the original Freelancer concept art. It gives the Freelancer more gravitas. I do think your right about the DUR being an explorer variant or some type of long duration endurance explorer. No idea what the pods near the engines are for, maybe some type of auxiliary engine?

Thanks for finding this, cool stuff so far if it is indeed accurate.

Those pods could be some sort of long range fuel tank maybe, which would make sense for an explorer.
  • BitBasher

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

No idea what the pods near the engines are for, maybe some type of auxiliary engine?

If I had to guess I would go with extended fuel tanks for long duration flights.
  • Remnar

Posted:
    Posted:
    Extra fuel was what I was thinking
    29xauzb.png

East bound and down, Loaded up and (space)truckin'
  • davidon

Posted:
    Posted:
    [hide]

Those pods could be some sort of long range fuel tank maybe, which would make sense for an explorer.

I think that's the best guess, but there are also some smaller pods under the wing. I guess they are really too small to carry much fuel for such a large ship. I wonder what those are then?
  • EvilTwinn

Posted:
    Posted:
    They almost remind me of torpedoes. More likely sensor pods. Big sensor pods.